The Student Room Group

Razzz Rises Up: A Year 13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JackSandy6
id love the rossetti work if you still have it :smile:

Here you go :borat:
God def has a good plan for you, Razzz! :jebus: I'm glad you've taken some of the pressure off yourself :smile:
OFFICIAL POST #3 Midlife crisis (sorta) and a midyear post

Hi everyone!
I hope you’re all okay wherever you are. The coronavirus has gone on a wild rampage in my local area, so I hope you’re all staying safe and well. :heart:

It’s been quite a while since we last talked (actually, the beginning of Year 13 right? :creep: sorry). Let me catch you up!

The exam situation and my subjects
As you’ve probably heard on TSR and the news, there won’t be normal summer exams for GCSE and A-Level in England (and the UK really). This means that my work comes down to teacher assessments and coursework, which gets moderated and then I get ranked in my cohort. FUN :facepalm:

I had a mock period in January (online, since we’ve been doing online school since the 3rd lockdown in kicked in. Thanks Boris.)

E N G L I S H L I T E R A T U R E
My predicted grade: A (I have to tweak some coursework so this could change, but this is what I applied to my unis with)
We’re finished with Christina Rossetti and A Doll’s House! We also finished up Hamlet and got booted into the exams with no prep we love that.
To be fair, I’m quite happy with how my paper went (although in reality Hamlet and the other two texts are two separate papers, it was combined into one for the mocks’ sake). I had enough time and remembered enough critical quotes to hopefully do decently.

H I S T O R Y
My predicted grade: B
Ah History. The problem child, but we’ll get there! We’re currently finishing up British Empire and I had my mock on all 3: USSR, GDR and British Empire. I studied like crazy for History, most likely because it’s my weakest of the 3 currently, so hopefully it went well.

G O V E R N M E N T & P O L I T I C S
My predicted grade: A
We’re on Global Politics, finally! As for the mocks, it was mainly all the old stuff from before. The papers proved a little difficult for me but I’m hoping my second paper made up for the first. >.<

LNAT, Universities and 2021
LNAT - I did the Law National Admissions Test on the 15th of December last year. Since the questions are so logical and critical thinking based, it’s hard to tell whether I’ve done well on not. Nevertheless, 3 of the universities I have applied to need a good score in this exam in order for them to give me an offer, so sCreECH.

Universities I finally sent off my application! It was paid during the Christmas holidays so only processed on the 4th of Jan but at least it’s there. My unis are:

- UCL
- KCL
- SOAS
- London South Bank University
- City, University of London

They’re all for Law (LLB) except for UCL and Kings where I applied for Law with French Law :yep:

I’ve had two responses so far: a rejection from Kings ( ) and an offer from City!

You’ll see a live update in my original post under my unis box if you’re super curious.

2021 I’m going to continue with online learning until lockdown is over but I’m starting to look for other opportunities for post-18 studies as well (nothing like 2020 to prove the future isn’t certain!). Currently, I’m having a look at solicitor apprenticeships at firms in London but I’ll give you more juicy details when I’ve settled on ideas.

I’m sorry this was rushed but I hope it summarised the last 4 months well. Let me know if you me to expand on anything specific in my next post and anything else you’d like from me.

Let me know how you’ve all been I’ve missed you!

Love and hugs always,
Razzz xx
P.S I'm getting to replies from last post! I'm not ignoring, I promise!

Taggles, let me know if you want to be added or removed! :lovehug:
@5hyl33n
@absolutelysprout

@mez_merising
@Chronoscope
@Becca216
@neko no basu
@cryinqclouds
@Shafxx
@clouddbubbles
@StudentMania
@LovingLucy
@jemima0103
@OnAndOff
@DrawTheLine
@absolutelysprout
@laurawatt
@6ambz
@The_Lonely_Goatherd
@Sinnoh
@Muttley79
@nightingalegend
@jadarose
@barror1
@I AM GROOT 1
@mjhmichael18
well done on your offer from city! glad to hear you're doing okay :hugs:
Original post by absolutelysprout

Thank you!! :jumphug:

How have you been?!
Original post by RazzzBerries
Thank you!! :jumphug:

How have you been?!

:hugs:
i've been alright thank you! got my first uni exams next week so been studying for them and trying not to go crazy due to lockdown :emo:
Loads of hugs to you, Razzz! Congrats on the strong predicted grades AND getting one uni offer already, great stuff :biggrin:

I can't imagine what it's like for those in Year 13 and Year 11 atm :no: You're doing great! :jumphug:

Fun fact: when I did my A2 English Lit back in the day (2007 :shakecane: ), we didn't manage to finish Hamlet because it was so bloody long. We took the exam (or maybe it was coursework for us, I forget now :tongue: ) without finishing it and hoped for the best! :eek: :rofl: :getmecoat:

Many many gentle hugs to you :hugs:
Well done on those predicted grades and your offer :woo: fingers crossed for the rest of your applications :eek:

The whole exam situation is just a bit of a mess, I hope you are feeling okay-ish about it....

Hope you have a wonderful weekend :hugs:
aw nice to see another update from you!!

i hope some more offers come through soon :biggrin:
razzzzz you're back!!!!! great to hear what you've been upto and super proud of you for going for law and getting your offers! hoping more good news comes your way soon :heart:
i did a level english lit and i think i loathe shakespeare now :lol:
glad to hear you've made a decision about cambridge, i know you'll do what's best for you :yep:

Original post by Becca216
Best of luck in your mocks!! Hopefully you will get predicted grades that will let you go to which ever unis you decide on :h:

Hope you have a good week :hugs:

Original post by clouddbubbles
oooh very jealous that you’ve actually made a decision about oxbridge :gah: i can’t relate and it’s vvvv stressful :s-smilie:

it sucks we can’t mix with other year groups!

Original post by nightingalegend
glad you’ve had a good week! it’s great that you haven’t put oxbridge before everything else, there are plenty if other great unis :hugs:

Original post by neko no basu
You're welcomeeee :nyan:

oh my lawd I'm so late!!! Thank you so much for the support you guys, it's much appreciated :cry2: :heart:

Original post by barror1
Loving the update! Out of curiosity, do you know what other uni will be taking the place of Cambridge yet? :rolleyes:
I may be able to help with the Shakespeare stuff too! I remember during A-level a couple of my coursemates had 'No-Fear Shakespeare' books for Othello! They are basically side-by-side prints of the play with the original on one side and a plain English version on the other. You may be able to find one for Hamlet! :woo:

Hiii! I'm super late to respond but UCL eventually replaced Cambridge. Am currently waiting on a response :redface:

Oh yeah, I've used it! Lifesaver honestly, because sometimes I simply cannot fathom his works :confused:

Thank you!! Hope you are too xx

:hugs:
i've been alright thank you! got my first uni exams next week so been studying for them and trying not to go crazy due to lockdown :emo:

Ahh it's next week now! Hope they're going okay :hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Loads of hugs to you, Razzz! Congrats on the strong predicted grades AND getting one uni offer already, great stuff :biggrin:

I can't imagine what it's like for those in Year 13 and Year 11 atm :no: You're doing great! :jumphug:

Fun fact: when I did my A2 English Lit back in the day (2007 :shakecane: ), we didn't manage to finish Hamlet because it was so bloody long. We took the exam (or maybe it was coursework for us, I forget now :tongue: ) without finishing it and hoped for the best! :eek: :rofl: :getmecoat:

Many many gentle hugs to you :hugs:

TLG!!!!! :jumphug: Thank you as always :heart:

NO WAY HOW DID YOU DO IT?! I would've freaked out :rofl:

:lovehug:

Original post by Becca216
Well done on those predicted grades and your offer :woo: fingers crossed for the rest of your applications :eek:

The whole exam situation is just a bit of a mess, I hope you are feeling okay-ish about it....

Hope you have a wonderful weekend :hugs:

Thank you so much!! :hugs:
Yeah it's horrible, but we take each day as it comes now :lol:

Hope you're also okay? :heart:

Original post by clouddbubbles
aw nice to see another update from you!!

i hope some more offers come through soon :biggrin:

qween :heart:

Frrr some of these unis take their sweet time >.<

How's it going with you?! <3

Original post by mez_merising
razzzzz you're back!!!!! great to hear what you've been upto and super proud of you for going for law and getting your offers! hoping more good news comes your way soon :heart:

Hiii Mez! Awhhh thank you so much! xx

How's life? :heart:
OFFICIAL POST #3 Midlife crisis (sorta) and a midyear post

Hi everyone!
I hope you’re all okay wherever you are. The coronavirus has gone on a wild rampage in my local area, so I hope you’re all staying safe and well. :heart:

It’s been quite a while since we last talked (actually, the beginning of Year 13 right? :creep: sorry). Let me catch you up!

The exam situation and my subjects
As you’ve probably heard on TSR and the news, there won’t be normal summer exams for GCSE and A-Level in England (and the UK really). This means that my work comes down to teacher assessments and coursework, which gets moderated and then I get ranked in my cohort. FUN :facepalm:

I had a mock period in January (online, since we’ve been doing online school since the 3rd lockdown in kicked in. Thanks Boris.)

E N G L I S H L I T E R A T U R E
My predicted grade: A (I have to tweak some coursework so this could change, but this is what I applied to my unis with)
We’re finished with Christina Rossetti and A Doll’s House! We also finished up Hamlet and got booted into the exams with no prep we love that.
To be fair, I’m quite happy with how my paper went (although in reality Hamlet and the other two texts are two separate papers, it was combined into one for the mocks’ sake). I had enough time and remembered enough critical quotes to hopefully do decently.

H I S T O R Y
My predicted grade: B
Ah History. The problem child, but we’ll get there! We’re currently finishing up British Empire and I had my mock on all 3: USSR, GDR and British Empire. I studied like crazy for History, most likely because it’s my weakest of the 3 currently, so hopefully it went well.

G O V E R N M E N T & P O L I T I C S
My predicted grade: A
We’re on Global Politics, finally! As for the mocks, it was mainly all the old stuff from before. The papers proved a little difficult for me but I’m hoping my second paper made up for the first. >.<

LNAT, Universities and 2021
LNAT - I did the Law National Admissions Test on the 15th of December last year. Since the questions are so logical and critical thinking based, it’s hard to tell whether I’ve done well on not. Nevertheless, 3 of the universities I have applied to need a good score in this exam in order for them to give me an offer, so sCreECH.

Universities I finally sent off my application! It was paid during the Christmas holidays so only processed on the 4th of Jan but at least it’s there. My unis are:

- UCL
- KCL
- SOAS
- London South Bank University
- City, University of London

They’re all for Law (LLB) except for UCL and Kings where I applied for Law with French Law :yep:

I’ve had two responses so far: a rejection from Kings ( ) and an offer from City!

You’ll see a live update in my original post under my unis box if you’re super curious.

2021 I’m going to continue with online learning until lockdown is over but I’m starting to look for other opportunities for post-18 studies as well (nothing like 2020 to prove the future isn’t certain!). Currently, I’m having a look at solicitor apprenticeships at firms in London but I’ll give you more juicy details when I’ve settled on ideas.

I’m sorry this was rushed but I hope it summarised the last 4 months well. Let me know if you me to expand on anything specific in my next post and anything else you’d like from me.

Let me know how you’ve all been I’ve missed you!

Love and hugs always,
Razzz xx
P.S I'm getting to replies from last post! I'm not ignoring, I promise!

Taggles, let me know if you want to be added or removed! :lovehug:
@5hyl33n
@absolutelysprout
@Hellohsjakodsmka
@mez_merising
@Chronoscope
@Becca216
@neko no basu
@cryinqclouds
@Shafxx
@clouddbubbles
@StudentMania
@LovingLucy
@jemima0103
@OnAndOff
@DrawTheLine
@absolutelysprout
@laurawatt
@6ambz
@The_Lonely_Goatherd
@Sinnoh
@Muttley79
@nightingalegend
@jadarose
@barror1
@I AM GROOT 1
@mjhmichael18

Well done on your uni offer
I remember last year the uncertainty with exams in year 11 drove me crazy so best wishes and hope your doing ok. Try to keep grounded and calm as when it got closer to the time I panicked loads for literally no reason as it was all ok. As I’m sure everything with you will be (sorry this is late)
Hiyaa Razzz!!!!
long time no speak... omg!
How've you been thoooo?!?!?
YOU ARE DOING LAWW?!!! girl that's amazing, you are gonna be so cool hehe!
So proud of you for getting your uni offers !! hope you keep getting more good news :yeah:
Original post by LovingLucy
Well done on your uni offer
I remember last year the uncertainty with exams in year 11 drove me crazy so best wishes and hope your doing ok. Try to keep grounded and calm as when it got closer to the time I panicked loads for literally no reason as it was all ok. As I’m sure everything with you will be (sorry this is late)

Thank you! :hugs:
Yeahh I'm definitely trying to keep my mental health in check :yep: Thank you, take care!! :heart:

Original post by Ferrari101
Hiyaa Razzz!!!!
long time no speak... omg!
How've you been thoooo?!?!?
YOU ARE DOING LAWW?!!! girl that's amazing, you are gonna be so cool hehe!
So proud of you for getting your uni offers !! hope you keep getting more good news :yeah:

OMG no way Ferrari?! HEYYYY! :jumphug:
Frfr, it's been too long!
I'm good thank you! Life's pretty much summed up in that last post :rofl:
Yeah it's the plan! Awhh thank you :lol:, how about you?
:heart: :lovehug:
OMG no way Ferrari?! HEYYYY! :jumphug:
Frfr, it's been too long!
I'm good thank you! Life's pretty much summed up in that last post :rofl:
Yeah it's the plan! Awhh thank you :lol:, how about you?
:heart: :lovehug:

Hehehe yesss!!! Icl i thought you wouldnt remember but omg when i saw you replied i was so gassed 🙈🙈😂
I hope i can get tagged, really am curious to see more posts from you 🤗
Ive been good, online school just aint it but chile sooo anywaysss 😗✌🏽
Unfortunately i didnt put down any london uni’s coz i wanted to go far from london 🤣 otherwise it wouldve been such a funny coincidence if we applied to the same unis haha 😂
OFFICIAL POST #4 - Lows and highs

Hi everyone! Hope everyone's enjoying half term (unless you're in uni or working, in wish case I hope you had a restful weekend :console: )!
Just thought I'd let you know what my latest news is, since there's been quite a bit in the space a few weeks :giggle:

If you've stalked my original post, I updated my little universities box live so you may already know, but here goes anyhow!

University news
1) An offer from SOAS came about a week after my last post! They wanted a minimum of AAA originally, but I got an email saying they're lowering all entry requirements by one grade due to the pandemic and the difficulties our cohort has face (thanks SOAS, I needed it >.<). That's not to say I'm going to start slacking, but it's nice to have a bit of reassurance that I don't exactly need a clean sweep of As :lol:.

2) Sad news from UCL followed as I was rejected :frown:. Apparently the reason for rejection was my LNAT, which took me by surprise because my grades were lower than what they wanted (I gave it a shot anyway for the bants lolol), so I was at least considered? I'll explain more about my LNAT in a bit...

3) This morning, I got an unconditional offer from London South Bank! That was pretty cool, because they were taking some time so I figured maybe they're just being extra careful in choosing.

I now have until June 10th to pick my firm (main choice) and insurance (backup). My offers are from SOAS, City (which I mentioned in the last post) and London South Bank. I'm thinking about firming SOAS, but I need to have a bit of time to consider my insurance because they are personal pros and cons for my other two options. As always, I'll let you know what happens!

LNAT news
* For anyone who isn't too familiar, the LNAT is the Law National Aptitude Test. Some unis (for me, Kings and UCL mainly although all unis have access to this information) use this exam in accordance with the rest of the application to pick who they want to give offers to. Section A is multiple choice and out of 42, based on argumentative passages where you have to use logical/verbal reasoning to pick an answer. It's pretty tough, but it helps these unis decide. We also do an essay in Section B, but unis independently assess these. There is no pass mark for this exam, and it's up to unis to decide what they like (but obviously, the higher in Section A, the better).

Yesterday we got our results, and it turns out my Section A was a 16. It was a bit of an ouch, given I dedicated SO MUCH TIME to practice, and during preparation for my mocks too. It does kind of suck, especially as UCL was still somewhat considering me. SOAS, while they don't require it per se, do look at it for people who take BTECs. I know that because I'm doing A-Levels it wasn't a requirement, but I think it might have helped with my application a little given their requirements pre-corona were higher.

Onwards and upwards, I suppose!

Apprenticeships
In between school work, I'm applying for a couple solicitor apprenticeships here in London as a possible alternative. I will, as always, keep you guys informed of what happens there, and I'll name drop as soon as I've sent my forms off!

Let me know how you all are doing! Stay safe!

Razzz xx

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ferrari101
Hehehe yesss!!! Icl i thought you wouldnt remember but omg when i saw you replied i was so gassed 🙈🙈😂
I hope i can get tagged, really am curious to see more posts from you 🤗
Ive been good, online school just aint it but chile sooo anywaysss 😗✌🏽
Unfortunately i didnt put down any london uni’s coz i wanted to go far from london 🤣 otherwise it wouldve been such a funny coincidence if we applied to the same unis haha 😂

Of course I remember!! :heart:
Omg yes sorry you're up now, my new post is up ^^
FRRR this ain't it chief but I'm glad to hear you're doing well 😂
That would've been cool but good on you for exploring and going far! Where did you apply?
Hey Razzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :hi:

Happy Pancake Day :awesome:

Congrats on your offers, great news! :king1: Do take time to think things over, don't rush yourself at all :nah:

Lots of hugs from the best side of London (i.e. West :pierre: ) :awesome:
Congrats on your offers - were you that bothered about UCL?

Hope you can relax a bit this week :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending