The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Bartlett MArch Part 2 2021

Hey, guys! I am applying UCL Bartlett MArch Part 2 this year. As years before, we need to send our printed portfolio (25pages-double-side, including 25%professional works) to the Office. This year i have checked with the department only the digital portfoilo is required. Has anyone already received the detailed requirements of portfolio for this year?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just had an offer for Interview today. They sent me a form to fill up (along with a portfolio link), no specific percentage of work/academic portfolio though
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by sien1000
Just had an offer for Interview today. They sent me a form to fill up (along with a portfolio link), no specific percentage of work/academic portfolio though

Thank you for your reply. I also took the interview two weeks ago and have not received a reply yet. They promised to respond within 2 months…
Reply 3
Original post by jiawei.fan16
Thank you for your reply. I also took the interview two weeks ago and have not received a reply yet. They promised to respond within 2 months…

Hey! I had the interview also last Friday, and I was told that they'd wait till all interviews would be conducted to send out offers... so not long to go till that comes as the deadline is in 3 days (26th) ... the interview turnover time has been usually 1-2 weeks (mine and my peers' experience).. so i anticipate they'll take a month for offers right?

How did your interview go and who did you have if you don't mind me asking :smile:
If you dont mind me asking, when did you all apply to the program? How long did they take to send portfolio request and interview request mails?
Reply 5
Original post by Sammy_era
If you dont mind me asking, when did you all apply to the program? How long did they take to send portfolio request and interview request mails?

hey i applied in the first week of feb.. and it took a week to get a portfolio request and then a futher week for an interview request! I believe every applicant gets that email for portfolio request.
Oh that's good to know...I actually applied to the Bio ID M Arch program on the 14th of Feb...my references reached them by the 19th...I still haven't received any communication from them...I assume I should wait for another two weeks to expect a portfolio request?
Reply 7
Oh that's good to know...I actually applied to the Bio ID M Arch program on the 14th of Feb...my references reached them by the 19th...I still haven't received any communication from them...I assume I should wait for another two weeks to expect a portfolio request?

you'll get it just be patient :smile: they're gonna be especially busy during this time as we approach the deadline, and the bartlett has received more applications this year than ever before. I hear around 10k (not sure if thats just for MArch..)!
Original post by nairline
you'll get it just be patient :smile: they're gonna be especially busy during this time as we approach the deadline, and the bartlett has received more applications this year than ever before. I hear around 10k (not sure if thats just for MArch..)!

😁 Thanks a tonne for the update...I'll try my best to calm my nerves...while we are at it...can you please share what sort of questions were asked in the interview?
Hello, I am from HK. I have submitted my application in late January and my references reached them by 26th Jan. However, until now I haven't received my request for Portfolio submission while I heard from my friends who studied in UK before already had their portfolio submitted even they applied it later than me.On the other hand, my HK friends all submitted earlier than me and they have received their portfolio request.I am so worried, I only received an email on 3/2 saying they are busy and I need to wait.
Hey! I had the interview also last Friday, and I was told that they'd wait till all interviews would be conducted to send out offers... so not long to go till that comes as the deadline is in 3 days (26th) ... the interview turnover time has been usually 1-2 weeks (mine and my peers' experience).. so i anticipate they'll take a month for offers right?

How did your interview go and who did you have if you don't mind me asking :smile:

Hey!Thank you for your information. I think we might have to wait for at least for a month. I had the interview at late January when i was told they had received already one thousand applications for this program. As i know, they had one thousand applicants last year. So i think the applications they have this year might be around 2000 by 26th Feb which will definitely take a rather long time for interviews. I was told to get a reply from 1 week to 2 months. I think they should have a Marking sheet including different aspects. I expect to hear from them by April as bartlett is very slow this year. Good luck and keep uplated! Hope we all get the places.
(edited 3 years ago)

I have all references uploaded at 27/12 and it takes roughly one week for the portfolio and interview.
Original post by emeraldlui
Hello, I am from HK. I have submitted my application in late January and my references reached them by 26th Jan. However, until now I haven't received my request for Portfolio submission while I heard from my friends who studied in UK before already had their portfolio submitted even they applied it later than me.On the other hand, my HK friends all submitted earlier than me and they have received their portfolio request.I am so worried, I only received an email on 3/2 saying they are busy and I need to wait.

Have you checked the portal? Cuz I hadn't received any mail from them confirming the receipt of my application, but in the portal under the communications tab, it was updated that they had sent a mail right after my submission. Maybe something like that happened with the communication regarding your portfolio submission?
Original post by emeraldlui

Hey! I think in your case, you could send a gentle reminder for portfolio.'
I have all references uploaded at 27/12 and it takes roughly one week for the portfolio and interview.

thank you for letting me know..since i hear the numbers 1000 and 2000...I better give them one more week before spamming their mail box. hehe :P
Hey!Thank you for your information. I think we might have to wait for at least for a month. I had the interview at late January when i was told they had received already one thousand applications for this program. As i know, they had one thousand applicants last year. So i think the applications they have this year might be around 2000 by 26th Feb which will definitely take a rather long time for interviews. I was told to get a reply from 1 week to 2 months. I think they should have a Marking sheet including different aspects. I expect to hear from them by April as bartlett is very slow this year. Good luck and keep uplated! Hope we all get the places.

Thanks for the reply!

good to know... I heard from a friend that 8,000 people applied.. which was a ludicrous amount! 2000 seems way more realistic.. yes! im a bit worried though because I do have other schools to consider replying to regarding offers so I hope they don't take longer than april as you say. Surely they will consider that we have other offers to consider.

Where else did everyone apply to?
(edited 3 years ago)
I received the offer today finally!Good luck to everyone!
I received the offer today finally!Good luck to everyone!

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy for you!!!!!!! you must be elated. Are you accepting the offer??

I got an offer from Harvard GSD yesterday! i hope UCL reply soon :smile:
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy for you!!!!!!! you must be elated. Are you accepting the offer??

I got an offer from Harvard GSD yesterday! i hope UCL reply soon :smile:

Wow!!!!! Congratulations for you as well!!! GSD is super good as well! I feel happy for you! I think your UCL offer is on the way! I accepted it already as i only applied to this program.
Wow!!!!! Congratulations for you as well!!! GSD is super good as well! I feel happy for you! I think your UCL offer is on the way! I accepted it already as i only applied to this program.

Thank you! I am now waiting for financial aids/fundings.. im not sure which I would pick as of now but first i'll just wait for UCL to even reply.. may I ask who interviewed you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending