The Student Room Group

"stealing" someone's crush

This was a few years ago but I (18f) was at college. This girl (18f) and guy (20m) were bff. They rarely were in the same classroom but they would always hangout and break, lunch and after college. They are the best of friends and really inseparable. They would hang out almost all the time. Everyone knew the lady had a crush on the guy. I thought the guy was cute and couldn’t help but fall in love with him.

Sometimes I would hang out with the guy at break and lunch Aswell. I did eventually admit my feelings and we soon fell in love. A day later, my boyfriend announced the news to his best friend. She looked quite upset but pulled a smile and responded “oh- err, congratulations”. My boyfriend thanked her and after chatting for a bit she wanted some time alone so we let her. I assumed she was happy for us but when we were about to leave, she looked like she was about to cry.

The next day, she sat on her own. I decided to sit next to her and chat. Every time I chatted to this woman, she would avoid me and tell me to leave her alone. I eventually asked her what is wrong and she said “I don’t wanna be your friend ok?”. I asked her why and she says she doesn't want to be friends with people who date her crush. I was really upset when hearing this hoping that she would be happy for me and that we could be friends but I realized she did not like me for “stealing her crush”. I apologized and she told me “Just leave me alone ok?” which I found pretty rude and left.

I told this to my boyfriend and even he finds it rude. The next day, my boyfriend decided to hang out with her and I tagged along. She gave me a dirty look and ignored me. The boyfriend said hello to her and she said hi back, but when I said hello, she responded with goodbye and ignored me.

For a whole week she was like this. My boyfriend told me how amazing I am, etc. We were hanging out with this girl and a few of our friends. The next day, she was at her locker, I decided to greet her but she yelled “LEAVE ME ALONE OK? I GET I WILL NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM BUT I DON’T NEED YOU SHOVING IT IN MY FACE, OK?”. I asked why was she acting like this and even my boyfriend confronted her and they both argued about it. She went on about how in her past she always has been close with people and they always left, was bullied, etc. And find ways to make me feel bad. She explained how she was too afraid to ask him out because of her past of having close friends leave her and how she has social anxiety and how she finally had her one chance to call someone her own and I "took that opportunity away from her", she stormed off.

tldr: I asked a guy out and his friend got angry at me

I knew she fancied him but I did not think it was that deep and personal for her.
Is there a point to this?

Why are you getting caught up on something that happened years ago?
Reply 2
Someone tells you to leave them alone three times and you get confused why they eventually freak out on you? :confused:
Original post by MidgetFever
Is there a point to this?

Why are you getting caught up on something that happened years ago?

Haha
Yeah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending