The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stevie654
anti-vax?

No.
My parents are anti-vaxxers, my mother's family were too.
Reply 21
Original post by DiddyDec
Probably make it easier if you passed out.

:redface: Maybe you're onto something there...
Yes,

As a healthcare student who handles some of the most vulnerable in society I feel its my moral duty to have it. And I've had every vaccine under the sun so why not add more.... I'd probaly be refused pateint access without it in the current climate.

I am however considering getting the alternative that will be offered to me instead of the AZ one. Not that I'll refuse having the AZ, just if there is a second option I'd rather have that as they are less controversial and have better efficacy rates anyway. Also seems side effects in general e.g. Headaches and fevers are less with other jabs.
Original post by londonmyst
No.
My parents are anti-vaxxers, my mother's family were too.

Then, apart from the COVID vaccine, what's the reasoning for not wanting to get any more vaccines?
Reply 24
no

Yes, I care about my fellow citizens.

how tho? it doesn't stop you from getting infected. it's only supposed to make your symptoms less severe. and you can still infect others. so i don't see how vaccines supposedly protect others. it makes 0 sense to me
Original post by Ciel.
no

how tho? it doesn't stop you from getting infected. it's only supposed to make your symptoms less severe. and you can still infect others. so i don't see how vaccines supposedly protect others. it makes 0 sense to me

It seems to reduce transmissibility. However even with what we do know, less people in hospitals is less people blocking beds for those that need it especially those that need to use the NHS for something other than COVID.
Reply 26
It seems to reduce transmissibility. However even with what we do know, less people in hospitals is less people blocking beds for those that need it especially those that need to use the NHS for something other than COVID.

they still won't use them for anything other than covid,everyone is dying from other stuff due to lack of treatment and most hospitals are empty. the whole thing is a scam. i mean, covid exists but there's much more to this whole thing.
Original post by Ciel.
no

In short, your infectious for a shorter period of time because you will be ready for it if you actually come into contact with the virus and could be sick for a significantly shorter period of time than without the vaccine meaning it makes you safer for society as a whole.
Reply 28
Original post by Scienceisgood
In short, your infectious for a shorter period of time because you will be ready for it if you actually come into contact with the virus and could be sick for a significantly shorter period of time than without the vaccine meaning it makes you safer for society as a whole.

sounds like a waste of effort tbh
Reply 29
Original post by Ciel.
no

it reduces 90% of transmission
Reply 30
Original post by A_J_B
it reduces 90% of transmission

how do you know? because according to my super quick research, that's not what most sources say. some say 70 something. other sources just say 'by more than half'
Reply 31
Original post by Ciel.
how do you know? because according to my super quick research, that's not what most sources say. some say 70 something. other sources just say 'by more than half'

https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/pfizer-biontech-vaccine-stops-covid-19-spread-by-90-says-study-121022200023_1.html

Israel's success is a glowing example
Original post by stevie654
Then, apart from the COVID vaccine, what's the reasoning for not wanting to get any more vaccines?

Mix of personal preference, allergies, not keen on blood or needles.
I don't take painkillers, period delay medication or blood transfusions either.
Not a JW or religious.
absolutely. I want my freedom, I want freedom for everyone else, it's the smart thing to do dwhen it's possible.

I strongly dislike needles, but for the 2 minutes it'll all take, it's absolutely worth it. :yep:
(edited 3 years ago)
Can someone please answer this question for me?
I can't find anything to tell me the answer so I'm hoping someone here might know it.
I've heard that the Covid-19 vaccine doesn't actually contain the virus however, I've also heard that it contains a "harmless part" of the virus. Does anyone know which one it is?
Original post by StopRightThere
Can someone please answer this question for me?
I can't find anything to tell me the answer so I'm hoping someone here might know it.
I've heard that the Covid-19 vaccine doesn't actually contain the virus however, I've also heard that it contains a "harmless part" of the virus. Does anyone know which one it is?

From my understanding (please don’t quote me on this), they have genetically edited a virus (not SARS COV-2) to contain the viral genetic code of SARS COV-2 in order to get it to get your immune system to produce an immune response to replicate the antibodies for SARS COV-2 without actually injecting you with an attenuated form of the virus. 🙂

Hence why you may have seen the term “gene editing” thrown around the internet whilst looking for it. 🙂
(edited 3 years ago)
From my understanding (please don’t quote me on this), they have genetically edited a virus (not SARS COV-2) to contain the viral genetic code of SARS COV-2 in order to get it to get your immune system to produce an immune response to replicate the antibodies for SARS COV-2 without actually injecting you with an attenuated form of the virus. 🙂

Hence why you may have seen the term “gene editing” thrown around the internet whilst looking for it. 🙂

Wait, so it's not actually the current Covid?
my 4G has been remarkably better
since my microchip i mean vaccine
Original post by StopRightThere
Wait, so it's not actually the current Covid?

It is and it isn’t (again from my understanding, this is my interpretation of what I’ve read and seen from videos and I haven’t been told this by an expert in virology or immunology so it could be very wrong).

It contains the part of the virus which will bring about an immune response but not part of the virus to replicate in your cells to allow you to actually contract the disease COVID-19.

Does that make sense? Think of it like a car and an engine.

They’ve taken the engine (essentially the working part of the car) out of the COVID-19 virus (its genetic material to allow for an immune response to be made). And stuck it inside another virus which isn’t deadly but acts as a vehicle (the body of the car) and combined them to allow for an effective response without the potentially deadly effects of SARS COV-2.

Does that make sense?
It is and it isn’t (again from my understanding, this is my interpretation of what I’ve read and seen from videos and I haven’t been told this by an expert in virology or immunology so it could be very wrong).

It contains the part of the virus which will bring about an immune response but not part of the virus to replicate in your cells to allow you to actually contract the disease COVID-19.

Does that make sense? Think of it like a car and an engine.

They’ve taken the engine (essentially the working part of the car) out of the COVID-19 virus (its genetic material to allow for an immune response to be made). And stuck it inside another virus which isn’t deadly but acts as a vehicle (the body of the car) and combined them to allow for an effective response without the potentially deadly effects of SARS COV-2.

Does that make sense?

Oh, yeah it makes sense. But as the virus changes, is the vaccine still effective or will you need to get a new vaccine every time?

Latest