The Student Room Group

Calm me

My best friend hasn't messaged me or read any of my messages since 19:37 where she said help me 3 times. Her mum can be abusive, she lives in a bad area and shes been dreading talking to her dad about someoething so it could be about one of those 3 things. shes also rejecting all my calls after a few rings. Noone else has heard from her since then either and I'm just really worried.ive messaged her about 15 times but I stoped calling in case her mum sees and it gets her into more trouble. can someone calm me down bc I'm crying and I'm so worried something has happened to her. Ive just been sat staring at her messages for the past 3 hours waiting for her to respond.
Original post by Anonymous
My best friend hasn't messaged me or read any of my messages since 19:37 where she said help me 3 times. Her mum can be abusive, she lives in a bad area and shes been dreading talking to her dad about someoething so it could be about one of those 3 things. shes also rejecting all my calls after a few rings. Noone else has heard from her since then either and I'm just really worried.ive messaged her about 15 times but I stoped calling in case her mum sees and it gets her into more trouble. can someone calm me down bc I'm crying and I'm so worried something has happened to her. Ive just been sat staring at her messages for the past 3 hours waiting for her to respond.

dont worry in these situayions you always think the worst!!! Maybe her phone has died????
If you are genuinely worried, you can call the police
Reply 3
Original post by anonymous063
dont worry in these situayions you always think the worst!!! Maybe her phone has died????

No bc usually if her phone dies then it takes 19 seconds for her phone to stop calling but now its only taking about 6 or 7, also it dies right after she said help me, help, I here it (?) and please help me
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
If you are genuinely worried, you can call the police

I've been thinking about it but what if its some kind of sick joke or something not that big, then she gets in trouble for messaging me for help? basically for a few more reasons it would do more harm than good.

I've been through something similar, she was alright at the end i hope its the same for your friend
I've been thinking about it but what if its some kind of sick joke or something not that big, then she gets in trouble for messaging me for help? basically for a few more reasons it would do more harm than good.

I mean, you know better whether your friend would make a joke like this. But if she is genuinely in trouble and you don't do something, you may have regrets in the future about ignoring this...
depending on what she needed to talk about with her dad, maybe she got into trouble (not the serious type) and maybe had her phone taken away? i know it’s hard not to assume the worst, but just take a few deep breaths. maybe she’s upset and just doesn’t want to talk now, so try your best to calm down and try to contact her again in the morning. it’ll all be ok x
Reply 8
Original post by black tea
I mean, you know better whether your friend would make a joke like this. But if she is genuinely in trouble and you don't do something, you may have regrets in the future about ignoring this...

she would never, i think im just typing that to make myself feel better but for MULTIPLE reasons Ik 100% it would be better not to call the police. I need to find someother way. The only reason i considered it in the first place is bc of your last sentence.
she would never, i think im just typing that to make myself feel better but for MULTIPLE reasons Ik 100% it would be better not to call the police. I need to find someother way. The only reason i considered it in the first place is bc of your last sentence.

It's a horrible position to be in knowing you are the only one who can stop someone from coming to harm. I have been in that situation, I couldn't do anything because the person was in another country and luckily it all turned out OK, but I still feel guilty for not doing anything.

tldr - I would call the police if I was in your position

id 100% call the police i done it before in a situation similar and although it wasn't critical that the police had to be there it was still very comforting to me and they completely understood! so please its only benefits that come from calling the police
Reply 11
She explicitly asked for help and is now not picking up.. Would definetly call the police asap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending