The Student Room Group

Is this obsessive or simply harmless crush?

1. Guy sees a girl and notice her eyes. Mask Mandate doesn't allow him to see her full face but her eyes really attract you and he notice her. But nothing more than that.
2. He see her more often and someone begin to notice her more. Kind of falling for her a little bit but since he hasn't seen her full face, doesn't think too deeply.
3. Sees her face and recognizes her as the same girl with nice eyes (as she wears a thick black coat always and the long dark hair). Gets very attracted as he finds her very beautiful.
4. She takes over his mind completely and each time she walks in, he can't stop staring at her.
5. He tries to talk to her and succeeds hence they become kind of friends, though not more than a simple hello and how's everything going.
6. He starts to be extra generous to her, taking her things and giving them to her, giving away stuff for free
7. Also the way he looks at her these days, he looks like he's so enamored. Sometimes he maybe writing then suddenly look back to stare at her.
8. He's very interested and asks her for her number two times, telling her to write it down when she meets him next.

Is this a cute crush on his part or is this obsessive???

Scroll to see replies

Depends on how you feel about it - I suppose you need more context. Are you the boy or girl?
Reply 2
Original post by Hanathemedic
Depends on how you feel about it - I suppose you need more context. Are you the boy or girl?

I'm the girl. He's the boy.
Reply 3
Original post by Hanathemedic

He's Italian by the way
Reply 4
Giving away stuff for free? Is he a barista or something?

Thanks for the tag.
I think he's just being cute. :smile: I wouldn't say it's obsessive.

It depends on how you feel about it though.
Original post by Anonymous
1. Guy sees a girl and notice her eyes. Mask Mandate doesn't allow him to see her full face but her eyes really attract you and he notice her. But nothing more than that.
2. He see her more often and someone begin to notice her more. Kind of falling for her a little bit but since he hasn't seen her full face, doesn't think too deeply.
3. Sees her face and recognizes her as the same girl with nice eyes (as she wears a thick black coat always and the long dark hair). Gets very attracted as he finds her very beautiful.
4. She takes over his mind completely and each time she walks in, he can't stop staring at her.
5. He tries to talk to her and succeeds hence they become kind of friends, though not more than a simple hello and how's everything going.
6. He starts to be extra generous to her, taking her things and giving them to her, giving away stuff for free
7. Also the way he looks at her these days, he looks like he's so enamored. Sometimes he maybe writing then suddenly look back to stare at her.
8. He's very interested and asks her for her number two times, telling her to write it down when she meets him next.

Reply 7
Original post by Qxi.xli
Thanks for the tag.
I think he's just being cute. :smile: I wouldn't say it's obsessive.

It depends on how you feel about it though.

I spoke to a friend who keeps saying he's obsessive and lusty. What do you think?
Reply 8
Giving away stuff for free? Is he a barista or something?

No but he works as a till operator in the Greek dine in (not allowed indoors, outdoors only) takeaway fast food outlet

I spoke to a friend who keeps saying he's obsessive and lusty. What do you think?

From my experience, I think a lot of guys can be like that. Once they really like someone, they can be quite excessive, in the nicest way possible. They'll go out of their way to be noticed by you.
As I said, I think he's just being cute. It really depends on whether YOU like him though.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Qxi.xli
From my experience, I think a lot of guys can be like that. Once they really like someone, they can be quite excessive, in the nicest way possible. As I said, I think he's just being cute. It really depends on whether YOU like him though.

I do like him and I'm kind of overburdened by his generosity. It would be really cheap and exploitative of me to not even appreciate what he's doing for me.

Though I fear he's not paying attention to his job and i don't want him to lose his job due to all this. If his employers find out or give colleagues get a hint of this, he can face problems.

My friend started saying he doesn't care about job but only lusting??
I do like him and I'm kind of overburdened by his generosity. It would be really cheap and exploitative of me to not even appreciate what he's doing for me.

Though I fear he's not paying attention to his job and i don't want him to lose his job due to all this. If his employers find out or give colleagues get a hint of this, he can face problems.

My friend started saying he doesn't care about job but only lusting??

I disagree with your friend then. He cares about his job, and he cares about you too.
Maybe you should politely/jokingly tell him that as much as you appreciate his generosity, you don't want him to get in trouble.
Original post by Qxi.xli
I disagree with your friend then. He cares about his job, and he cares about you too.
Maybe you should politely/jokingly tell him that as much as you appreciate his generosity, you don't want him to get in trouble.

This is our full story
.https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7018258
I think that the obsessed one is you as you have posted this So many many many times!

thats cutee. You both seem equally flattered by each other so I wouldn't at all saying he's being obsessive since you like him back too.
Well, you'll just have to wait until you see him again to get his number I guess.
Hope it works out for you x
Original post by Qxi.xli
thats cutee. You both seem equally flattered by each other so I wouldn't at all saying he's being obsessive since you like him back too.
Well, you'll just have to wait until you see him again to get his number I guess.

But why didn't he give his socials/number?? Instead he asked me 😭😭😭
Original post by Qxi.xli

Though if I didn't like him back, would you say he's obsessive?.
Reply 17
You cant properly fancy someone after just a few hellos, this attraction is only looks deep.

Its not rude for you to not appreciate his 'generosity'. Constantly giving someone gifts is overbearing and can get uncomfortable, especially if you hardly even know them.. Not sure what you mean by 'taking her stuff and giving it to her' but it sounds strange. At a point you need to draw a line. Perhaps its not obsessive, but there is a clear lack of boundaries.
(edited 2 years ago)

I have an important question! How do you know all of this? How do you know what he thinks and if you "take over his mind completely"?
Original post by Foxehh
You cant properly fancy someone after just a few hellos, this attraction is only looks deep.

Its not rude for you to not appreciate his 'generosity'. Constantly giving someone gifts is overbearing and can get uncomfortable, especially if you hardly even know them.. Not sure what you mean by 'taking her stuff and giving it to her' but it sounds strange. At a point you need to draw a line. Perhaps its not obsessive, but he doesnt know boundaries.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7018258

Full story here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending