The Student Room Group

I’m applying for medicine in Romania, would like to know the Visa requirements?

Hi, I am a Sri Lankan citizen residing in Zambia, Africa. I applied to study medicine in Craiova, Romania. Just wanted to know if anyone knew any information about the visa requirements. anyone from Africa would be really helpful.

My main question is, for the bank statement, how much should you show in your bank account and how long should you keep this amount of money in your bank. For example, should you show that had the money in your bank account for 1 month?
I think the amount isnt that important for the visa
they just need to make sure you can fund yourself there to live thats it and no just a normal bank statement without a specific timeframe i believe
Original post by eldwtyj99
I think the amount isnt that important for the visa
they just need to make sure you can fund yourself there to live thats it and no just a normal bank statement without a specific timeframe i believe

If you don’t mind me asking, where are you from? What exactly does a bank statement consist of.
I'm from Algeria....so a bank statement basically shows the amount you hold in a bank account and it is asked to apply for any visa to make sure you will be able to cover your living expenses.
Are you studying in Romania? Which city do you live in? because I was told that the living expenses differs from city to city so the amount you have to show will depend on the city.

How much did you have to show?
But, I still don’t understand. So, the bank statement shows the amount of money you need to prove that you can live in Romania, right? So Wait, for the visa, I just have to show a document that states that I have ‘X’ amount of money in my bank account but I don’t really have to keep that money in my bank account for exactly ‘Y’ number of months.
Original post by Priyapinkrabbit
But, I still don’t understand. So, the bank statement shows the amount of money you need to prove that you can live in Romania, right? So Wait, for the visa, I just have to show a document that states that I have ‘X’ amount of money in my bank account but I don’t really have to keep that money in my bank account for exactly ‘Y’ number of months.

yes just to show that you have x amount of money at that time thats it except if it is a long term visa in some rare cases they ask you to prove that it will remain there
Oh okay. Thank you so much. What about for a long term visa? Isn’t is you get a short term visa first, then you go to Romania and get a long term visa then.

So for long term visa, how long should the money be in the bank account?
You think I didn’t try that. They aren’t responding to my calls or emails.
Original post by Priyapinkrabbit
Oh okay. Thank you so much. What about for a long term visa? Isn’t is you get a short term visa first, then you go to Romania and get a long term visa then.

So for long term visa, how long should the money be in the bank account?

no you get a student long term visa.......btw just start your visa process and thought your process they will tell you what they need because that is the easiest way
Original post by eldwtyj99
no you get a student long term visa.......btw just start your visa process and thought your process they will tell you what they need because that is the easiest way

Thank you so much for your help! Sorry, for asking so many questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending