The Student Room Group

I have one day to study Maths and Physics and I want to get into KCL. Any advice?

Goal: Getting into KCL

Obstacle: Haven't started revising yet

Exam is on 17th.

Any ideas on how to achieve this feat?
As a fellow student who has also not started studying and exam is also on Monday

spongebob.jpeg
Reply 2
Do you at least have a topic list
Reply 3
Original post by Jonathanツ
As a fellow student who has also not started studying and exam is also on Monday

spongebob.jpeg

I was looking through the topics and I can see that I understand it all, but my brain won't produce the answers in an exam setting because I don't have enough practice. I wonder why human brain works this way. I know this stuff, yet the brain would block the right answers from me because I haven't written it down repeatedly.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Ten-Ten
Do you at least have a topic list

what do you mean, the syllabus?
Reply 5
Original post by robin1123
what do you mean, the syllabus?

No like a list of specific topics that will be on the test
Reply 6
Original post by Ten-Ten
No like a list of specific topics that will be on the test

paper 1 of each on 17th
Reply 7
paper 1 of each on 17th

I suggest practice, watch YouTube videos and let your end goal be your motivation
Reply 8
Original post by Ten-Ten
I suggest practice, watch YouTube videos and let your end goal be your motivation

I wish one day's of practice is enough, but I know I'll be fooling myself if I say it is. A-level questions require the answers to be at the tip of your pen at all times for any remotely good result.
Reply 9
Human brain is so powerful, but I wonder why is it so slow in cementing concepts? Even if know everything about a topic, my brain would go blank on a question just because I haven't practiced it enough.
I wish one day's of practice is enough, but I know I'll be fooling myself if I say it is. A-level questions require the answers to be at the tip of your pen at all times for any remotely good result.

It’s all you can do at this point, you got yourself into this situation so get yourself out of it
Reply 11
Original post by Ten-Ten
It’s all you can do at this point, you got yourself into this situation so get yourself out of it

Yes. I got myself into this situation. The worldly forces also worked against me, but I'd still take the blame on myself because Stoic philosophy dictates one should always try to take the blame himself before pointing fingers. I just wonder if all the information can be neatly organised in my brain in a day like files on a file cabinet. Why can't it be done? I mean looking around me, I marvel at how far humans have progressed just with a little tool called brain. Why can't this same brain fit information on just 10-12 topics for one day?
The only thing you can do is revise. You're just going to have to cram until the exam and hope for the best. Put everything to the side and just consume the content for the next few hours cus there's not much else you can do. Just get on with it. Heres one of my favourite quotes:

"your future depends on what you do today, and today has already started."

If I were you pull an allnighter and sleep after.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending