The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Asian parents in general restrictive to a degree in who they want their kids to get into a relationship with. I'm sure a portion of East Asians living in the UK would find white people attractive.
I think it’s just a cultural thing
Original post by Anonymous
It seems like most East Asians date within their own race, so just curious

As an East Asian man myself I can confirm I dont have any race preference :h:
lmao have u ever seen the amount of east asian - white couples on youtube?
In my experience of living in east Asia.. men here like white women more than white women like them.

It’s a much much rarer mix then white men & asian woman.

That said, I have two friends and one family member who are white women with Asian husbands. All happily married, 2 with kids.

I imagine this must be changing a bit for younger people though. With the rise of K-pop and general Asian cultural popularity in the west, there must be more young western girls into Asian boys these days then when I was growing up
(edited 2 years ago)
y do u even care?
Original post by 2003a39
Asian parents in general restrictive to a degree in who they want their kids to get into a relationship with. I'm sure a portion of East Asians living in the UK would find white people attractive.

Are you talking about East Asians? A lot of their parents are more than okay with their kids dating white people. Actually in America, East Asian woman and white man is the most common relationship next to Latina woman and white man, then its black man and white woman. Most East Asian parents don't mind their kids dating white people
Original post by fallen_acorns
In my experience of living in east Asia.. men here like white women more than white women like them.

That said, I have two friends and one family member who are white women with Asian husbands. All happily married, 2 with kids.

I imagine this must be changing a bit for younger people though. With the rise of K-pop and general Asian cultural popularity in the west, there must be more young western girls into Asian boys these days then when I was growing up

Kpop is not attractive to western eyes
Reply 9
Are you talking about East Asians? A lot of their parents are more than okay with their kids dating white people. Actually in America, East Asian woman and white man is the most common relationship next to Latina woman and white man, then its black man and white woman. Most East Asian parents don't mind their kids dating white people

Asian parents (the whole continent) tend to be fairly strict generally in regards to their children's future. Don't take my word for it though. But I've never seen an east asian-white relationship before.
Original post by bugaboo02
lmao have u ever seen the amount of east asian - white couples on youtube?

I guess theyre not on YT much:biggrin:

Original post by Hazzz01
y do u even care?

I assume theyre either an East Asian Male or a White Girl , probs the latter

like everything though, this is individual preference based right
Well yes, among marriages that involves Asian men, 40% are to White women. In America, interracial marriages with Asians, by any sex, are typically to White people. I'd say neither really fancy interracial relationships, but White is an exception.
Original post by fallen_acorns

Yup, you have no idea how obsessed Western are with East Asian men.
Yeah I'm East Asian and I have a preference towards White or East Asian women.
Original post by navnsoren
Yup, you have no idea how obsessed Western are with East Asian men.

I'm sorry that is genuinely not true. East Asian men don't have it good with white women unless he is tall, muscular or loaded with money.
While a minority of some white women may like East Asian men, most of the ones who actually like East Asian men are Black women, Latina, South Asian and East Asian women. For an average East Asian guy, getting an East Asian woman, Latina or black woman is significantly easier than white woman.

There are 30 million leftover men in China, I don't see any White women going to date them. Though there are East Asian and African women who accept dating or marrying them.

This is the same even in the UK. A white man with an Asian woman is actually a far more interracial coupling than a black man with a white woman... yet it only seems to be the latter where people seem to kick up such a big fuss. Why is that?!?:confused:

Opinions on this board would suggest otherwise lol

I'm sorry that is genuinely not true. East Asian men don't have it good with white women unless he is tall, muscular or loaded with money.
While a minority of some white women may like East Asian men, most of the ones who actually like East Asian men are Black women, Latina, South Asian and East Asian women. For an average East Asian guy, getting an East Asian woman, Latina or black woman is significantly easier than white woman.

There are 30 million leftover men in China, I don't see any White women going to date them. Though there are East Asian and African women who accept dating or marrying them.

Yup, China has taken a large interest in Africa over the past few years. I was surprised at how many there were when I was in Kenya / Uganda a few years ago... although this seemed to be about an even mix of men and women.

Given the disproportionate amount of Chinese men to Chinese women (and the fact that Chinese women seem to love white men), many are now turning to Africa to find love.
Original post by navnsoren
Well yes, among marriages that involves Asian men, 40% are to White women. In America, interracial marriages with Asians, by any sex, are typically to White people. I'd say neither really fancy interracial relationships, but White is an exception.

Please see the last part of my post above.

Also, very recently (literally in the past 10 years or so), I am seeing a lot more black men with East Asian women around London.

PRSOM
Original post by Old Skool Freak
This is the same even in the UK. A white man with an Asian woman is actually a far more interracial coupling than a black man with a white woman... yet it only seems to be the latter where people seem to kick up such a big fuss. Why is that?!?:confused:

Opinions on this board would suggest otherwise lol

Yup, China has taken a large interest in Africa over the past few years. I was surprised at how many there were when I was in Kenya / Uganda a few years ago... although this seemed to be about an even mix of men and women.

Given the disproportionate amount of Chinese men to Chinese women (and the fact that Chinese women seem to love white men), many are now turning to Africa to find love.

PRSOM

Would agree with this. Unfortunately, East Asian men and black women are at the bottom of the dating hierarchy and struggle in dating any race. There are numerous studies about this and it’s also rare to see these groups coupled up.

Latest

Trending

Trending