The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You’ve got the hots for him-it’s a crush.
He is just trying to do his job.

If you want to change doctors feel free but do Not expect him to return your infatuation with anything more than a thank you and/or awkward goodbye.
Just leave him be.
Original post by Anonymous
he would still be daft to date a former patient

I mean it's literally not that deep people can date whoever they want as long as it's consensual
I mean it's literally not that deep people can date whoever they want as long as it's consensual

a bit more complicated than that if you are a doctor

Not without consequences they can’t.
I think you're forgetting that other than being a doctor, he's also an adult male - surely if he managed to get through med school, he's smart enough to decide for himself whether or not he wants to date a patient/ex-patient

even if you know he's single, I'd still bring up a girlfriend/wife in a casual way if the opportunity strikes, just because it sends a message that you're interested :smile: if you want to go for it then you can also say what u mentioned, or if you ever talk about restaurants/pubs etc, you could casually say "too bad you're my doctor cause I'd love for you to show me X (a place)"

Yeah, everyone acts as though I would force him to do something, I think he has a mind of his own. I could test the waters and just ask him a bit about what he’s already told me (where he studied etc) and ask whether he and his wife moved her because..or something like that
I guess he’ll take the hint especially if he remembers our first conversation)
Or maybe I could make a joke that I’m indeed always kind of nervous for some weird reason although that’s super direct haha :biggrin:
Do you have any other suggestions, from a mans perspective? I don’t want to be too blunt but he should get the hint I’m interested, but only in something physical, no relationship
a bit more complicated than that if you are a doctor

maybe, unnecessarily.

Original post by GabiAbi84
Not without consequences they can’t.

yes they can? there are no consequences if something is legal (and even if there were, there shouldn't be cause again, people should be allowed to date whoever they want as long as it's consensual)
Original post by GabiAbi84
You’ve got the hots for him-it’s a crush.
He is just trying to do his job.

If you want to change doctors feel free but do Not expect him to return your infatuation with anything more than a thank you and/or awkward goodbye.
Just leave him be.

So what, if he’s not interested and I TOTALLY misread the situation, life goes on; at least I won’t regret it - I’m not gonna change my mind; all these posts don’t answer my questions how to subtly show interest; if you’ve got another opinion that’s fine but doesn’t answer my question
maybe, unnecessarily.

yes they can? there are no consequences if something is legal (and even if there were, there shouldn't be cause again, people should be allowed to date whoever they want as long as it's consensual)

Again, not as simple as you think. You have no idea what might happen to the former patient in the future - they might claim the doctor raped them, or claim they were manipulated, or a load of other possibilities. It's just not worth it.

Firstly you said consensual and not legal,

And secondly there are many situations in which people can legally date but there are still consequences for them doing so. Losing a job being one of them.

And if you just mean consensual then there are even more situations in which people *can* date but there are consequences for doing so.
Again, not as simple as you think. You have no idea what might happen to the former patient in the future - they might claim the doctor raped them, or claim they were manipulated, or a load of other possibilities. It's just not worth it.

Yeah right I have nothing better to do than to accuse him of something that hasnt happened and set feminism back 50 years.
It’s his choice not yours and also we are all adults here and not some bitter teenager;
So what, if he’s not interested and I TOTALLY misread the situation, life goes on; at least I won’t regret it - I’m not gonna change my mind; all these posts don’t answer my questions how to subtly show interest; if you’ve got another opinion that’s fine but doesn’t answer my question

Well then do as you please.
Do it as you would any other conquest you want to sleep with.
I just feel sorry for the poor guy.
Yeah right I have nothing better to do than to accuse him of something that hasnt happened and set feminism back 50 years.
It’s his choice not yours and also we are all adults here and not some bitter teenager;

I'm not talking about you specifically. And yes, his choice, but if he has any sense, he would not date a patient.
Wow that’s actually judgemental and disrespectful on a feminist level - are you implying I’m a * for having a interest in him? That’s just sad. Have a look at yourself and reread my question I don’t care about your judgement; just go to another question
Yeah, no, you’re bonkers :bird:
Original post by Alicethegirl:)
Yeah, no, you’re bonkers :bird:

Yeah no, you’re unhelpful :smile:
Yeah no, you’re unhelpful :smile:

Good. You don’t seem to be understanding everyone else’s reaction and response anyways.
Just wanted to say, maybe you should all care about sexual offences and rape the way you care about patronising me for something that literally isn’t wrong - you all act as though I would rape him - maybe you should all put your hateful energy into something that makes more sense like I don’t know - starting a campaign against rape or assaults in the workplace - that’s ridiculous. I literally did nothing wrong and at the same time, when it comes to things that really matter you all stay quiet.
Probably no one has enough sense to understand this anyway but wanted to point that out. Really sad. Also it’s normal for men to sleep with I don’t know how many women and that’s cool but if I show interest in Someone which is completely normal it’s literally implied that I’m a sl- . No wonder that society doesn’t progress
Original post by Alicethegirl:)
Good. You don’t seem to be understanding everyone else’s reaction and response anyways.

Well Apparently everyone can’t read or mind their own business- it’s my life and no one has a right to tell me what I should or shouldn’t do - it’s legal so yeah, actually no one has answered my question. What even makes you think that you have any right to decide what I should do in MY life Jesus
Well Apparently everyone can’t read or mind their own business- it’s my life and no one has a right to tell me what I should or shouldn’t do - it’s legal so yeah, actually no one has answered my question. What even makes you think that you have any right to decide what I should do in MY life Jesus

1) i don’t recall ever telling you what to do
2) you posted on a public thread so obviously everyone would mind your business
3) if it’s ‘your life’ then why aren’t you just doing it yourself?
4) I didn’t say anyone answered your question, I said ‘you don’t seem to be understanding everyone’s reaction and response anyways.’ An answer and reaction are two different things.
Make it make sense please-

He can't though - he's a doctor. Doctors have to abide by rules no one else does. He could lose his job and be struck off the medical register, in the event of some accusation (whether true or false, by the partner or by someone else).

Latest

Trending

Trending