The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Again, not as simple as you think. You have no idea what might happen to the former patient in the future - they might claim the doctor raped them, or claim they were manipulated, or a load of other possibilities. It's just not worth it.

that's just silly af. also, this can happen with non-doctors too. in the end, he can decide for himself.

Original post by GabiAbi84
Firstly you said consensual and not legal,

And secondly there are many situations in which people can legally date but there are still consequences for them doing so. Losing a job being one of them.

And if you just mean consensual then there are even more situations in which people *can* date but there are consequences for doing so.

consensual = legal

legal also refers to work rules - doctors can date former patients.

you also misunderstood my point - all these "consequences" (for example, losing a job) only exist because of these silly rules, hence me saying people should be allowed to date whoever they want
He can't though - he's a doctor. Doctors have to abide by rules no one else does.

but he can.

(already posted it):

"Green light for doctors to date former patients so long as they use their 'professional judgement' to decide if it is appropriate"

"In the United Kingdom, the General Medical Council once discouraged physicians from having romantic relationships with any former patient. That changed in 2013, however, though the council did update its guidelines to include factors a doctor should consider before going down that path".
that's just silly af. also, this can happen with non-doctors too. in the end, he can decide for himself.

A doctors' reputation is a bit more important than the average Joe's.
Book your vaccine in his clinic... 😂😂😂😂😍 That's my advice.
consensual = legal

legal also refers to work rules - doctors can date former patients.

you also misunderstood my point - all these "consequences" (for example, losing a job) only exist because of these silly rules, hence me saying people should be allowed to date whoever they want

I “misunderstood” because you mis-stated your point
You said “they can” and not “they should be able to”

And if that’s your opinion on the matter then you’re entitled to that.
“Silly rules” are there for a reason in my opinion.

I was more commenting on what you said as it stated it as fact which is incorrect.
A doctors' reputation is a bit more important than the average Joe's.

what has his reputation to do with who he's dating? more importantly, why do you care who your doctor is banging? news flash, doctors bang patients, professors bang students, etc etc, who cares? people are sexual beings. besides, surely he's fully capable of deciding for himself?
what has his reputation to do with who he's dating? more importantly, why do you care who your doctor is banging? news flash, doctors bang patients, professors bang students, etc etc, who cares? people are sexual beings. besides, surely he's fully capable of deciding for himself?

you clearly don't know what comes with the reputation of being a doctor lol
but he can.

(already posted it):

"Green light for doctors to date former patients so long as they use their 'professional judgement' to decide if it is appropriate"

"In the United Kingdom, the General Medical Council once discouraged physicians from having romantic relationships with any former patient. That changed in 2013, however, though the council did update its guidelines to include factors a doctor should consider before going down that path".

I promise you a 35 year old doctor doing something with a 20 year old girl he saw in clinic recently absolutely will land him in major trouble, if found out.

I agree this is stupid as I've already said - who cares right? - but as I stated but this is the kind of thing expected of modern doctors in the UK. The GMC are chomping at the bit to take on anything that might even remotely make doctors seem less trustworthy, and if even a small minority of people would be offended by, say, a 15 year age gap, they will bring hell down for it.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Book your vaccine in his clinic... 😂😂😂😂😍 That's my advice.

Haha
this gives me stalker energy.
Bang him, make him fk your brains out, unleash your slutty side, isn't that what feminism and sexual liberation is all about?
You only live once. Theres no harm in being sexual as you are both consenting adults!
It doesn't matter if he loses his job, he should of kept his mouth shut on his part, and it's not your fault!

Sorry im just being the devil on the shoulder!
Original post by CorporalJin
Bang him, make him fk your brains out, unleash your slutty side, isn't that what feminism and sexual liberation is all about?
You only live once. Theres no harm in being sexual as you are both consenting adults!
It doesn't matter if he loses his job, he should of kept his mouth shut on his part, and it's not your fault!

Sorry im just being the devil on the shoulder!

The fact you know you need to apologise says it all really :rolleyes:
So, I´m 20 and I´ve got a thing for my doctor. I´m now thinking about telling him I want to go to another doctor; because of course any personal contact would be highly illegal if I were to stay his patient.
The thing is, I think he likes me too.
It all started when I was 18/19 and I instantly felt attracted to him. It´s so weird because I was talking about stress with studying etc. and he told me ´I seemed pretty tense atm, or whether this may be due to another reason?´ And then he gave me a cheeky smile haha. And I said, yes, I think it´s because of another reason.
Maybe I blushed, idk how he could tell.
A few years passed; and I went there again, totally neutral; because well, he´s my doctor. I didn´t have any feelings or something, until the last couple of times I went there.
I don´t know whether it´s my imagination but GEEZ, he stares at me with such an intensity and this damn smile. And he always makes small talk with me, jokes, laughs - and then I crushed on him again. I don´t think I imagined this tbh because like I said, I was totally neutral up until I felt like he remembered this one first conversation about being tense.

I don´t know how to proceed. I can´t tell anyone; I wouldn´t jeopardize his career oc, so I´ll change doctors. He´s single and I want nothing more than to get him into bed ASAP

How would I go about that? Tell him, this is my last appointment there; I like your gorgeous hair? XD I need subtle, safe ideas
And NO I don´t want a relationship, just some hot adventure, he´s around 35, so way too old for relationship anyway

If you are sure, tell him. If not ..hold your tongue and move on.

Latest

Trending

Trending