The Student Room Group

What age do you have to be to order a drink at a restaurant?

So i am going to a restaurant and sstuff and its a korean restaurant and i wanted to know what age do you need to be to order a drink at a restaurant since i want to order soju and will be 18 but ofc i am very unsure .
Reply 1
If you're in the UK and 18 then that is fine.
18 is the minimum
Original post by Kiwi1238
So i am going to a restaurant and sstuff and its a korean restaurant and i wanted to know what age do you need to be to order a drink at a restaurant since i want to order soju and will be 18 but ofc i am very unsure .

Soju is a spirit I believe so you would have to be 18 to order it, whether it is with a meal or not.
Reply 4
Original post by vicvic38
Soju is a spirit I believe so you would have to be 18 to order it, whether it is with a meal or not.

You can drink beer, wine etc with a meal at 16-17 but it has to be someone who is at least 18 ordering it, so it makes no difference. As the OP says they're 18, they should be OK.
Original post by Compost
You can drink beer, wine etc with a meal at 16-17 but it has to be someone who is at least 18 ordering it, so it makes no difference. As the OP says they're 18, they should be OK.

Soju is not beer, wine or cider. Those are the only alcoholic beverages that those 16-17 can order with a meal. Soju is a spirit, much like vodka.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost

Thank you =)
Reply 7
Original post by Compost

Thank you =)

Original post by tinygirl96
18 is the minimum

Thank you :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by vicvic38

Thank you ^^
Original post by Kiwi1238

Quick Reply

Latest