The Student Room Group

How people dare to say stuff like that

I just remembered when I was 13 years old someone told me in my class that I am a loser. I feel so deppressed now. I'm trying not believe in that.

What if I am really turning into a loser and I will give up to life?? I'm so scared

Just a reminder be CAREFUL with your words. I'm now 17. I still can't get over it.
People can say what they want. I have people who think I'm a loser, stupid, pathetic etc and it's hard not to think about it sometimes cause words can hurt but it's your life. Take your power back. Believe in yourself.
Respectfully, being called a loser once wouldn't cause a previously mentally healthy person to become depressed.
I am sorry that you are struggling at the moment. Are you getting any help with your mental health?
Reply 3
Original post by glassalice
Respectfully, being called a loser once wouldn't cause a previously mentally healthy person to become depressed.
I am sorry that you are struggling at the moment. Are you getting any help with your mental health?

Thank you for asking. Yes, I’m under therapy.
Reply 4
You're lucky that this is the worst thing someone has said to you.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for asking. Yes, I’m under therapy.

It's really good that you are going to therapy.

I was bullied at school as well, so I know what it can feel like.
I'm 60 now. When I was at secondary school in the 1970's I was relentlessly bullied by a group of boys for the whole 5 years I was there. They bullied me both physically and verbally and with it being the 70's nobody cared, especially not the teachers, I just had to put up with it.

The way I dealt with the verbal abuse was to ask myself if I respected their opinion and the answer was a resounding "NO". Really, what do I care what these people think about me. There will be people in your life who's opinion you will respect but these bullies aren't those.

As for being a "loser"; in your life you will lose (or fail, or whatever) at some things. You will also win at some things. The former won't make you a loser and the latter won't make you a winner you'll be just like everyone one else, don't let success or failure go to your head because you'll have to deal with both.
Everyone’s perception of success is different, same with everyone’s perception of a loser, end of the day it all matters on how content u are feeling
I just remembered when I was 13 years old someone told me in my class that I am a loser.

The only loser here is the person who said that to you.
I just remembered when I was 13 years old someone told me in my class that I am a loser. I feel so deppressed now. I'm trying not believe in that.

What if I am really turning into a loser and I will give up to life?? I'm so scared

Just a reminder be CAREFUL with your words. I'm now 17. I still can't get over it.

I am little stunned you are still hung up on a stupid comment made 4 years ago. God help you when real life problem come your way .
(edited 2 years ago)

Original post by kolme
You're lucky that this is the worst thing someone has said to you.

idc if your 17 women up jesus!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending