The Student Room Group

We could be going into another lockdown

I've saw about an hour ago on google trending about another lockdown so Im now scared and I'm panicking. I'm actually dreading it, what are we going to do if there's another lockdown, I'm actually not going to cope and its ruined my day seeing that. Im so scared about this lockdown.*I don't know what I'm actually going to do.

Scroll to see replies

Sorry but I was expecting this, was inevitable.

I work in a COVID analysis lab and so far, our record for positives in a single batch of 375 samples is 114 (over 30% positive rate). So, this was always going to happen and this “freedom day” will only last a couple weeks, maybe a month!
Reply 3

Original post by Scienceisgood
Sorry but I was expecting this, was inevitable.

I work in a COVID analysis lab and so far, our record for positives in a single batch of 375 samples is 114 (over 30% positive rate). So, this was always going to happen and this “freedom day” will only last a couple weeks, maybe a month!

It's actually ridiculous
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
Source to comply with TSR rules:

I'm not too fussed.

It's actually ridiculous
Original post by Anonymous
It's actually ridiculous

It really isn't that big of a deal, I work from home anyway.
Reply 6

Just because you work from home it isn't a big deal?

Wish I was that lucky. Associate Practitioner here and I have to travel for 2-2.5 hours to get to work… 🤦*♂️
Reply 8
I know
Original post by Scienceisgood
Wish I was that lucky. Associate Practitioner here and I have to travel for 2-2.5 hours to get to work… 🤦*♂️

I lost my job in the pandemic so I'm happily self employed now.

Just because you work from home it isn't a big deal?

And the pandemic is generating loads of work in the healthcare industry so it suits me fine.
I lost my job in the pandemic so I'm happily self employed now.

And the pandemic is generating loads of work in the healthcare industry so it suits me fine.

You are just thinking about yourself, what about other people?
You are just thinking about yourself, what about other people?

Actually the work I do is about improving access to primary care so in reality my work benefits thousands if not millions of people across the country. You may well attend one of the thousands of GP surgeries I advise on.
Actually the work I do is about improving access to primary care so in reality my work benefits thousands if not millions of people across the country. You may well attend one of the thousands of GP surgeries I advise on.

People's mental health has been ****ed because of lockdown
People's mental health has been ****ed because of lockdown

Before I lost my job I was working on designing new mental health facilities, I assume that work as continued.
Before I lost my job I was working on designing new mental health facilities, I assume that work as continued.

Sometimes it might not be accessible. Some people live alone, can't have visitors or nothing in lockdown and it's ****ed. People have killed themselves
I've saw about an hour ago on google trending about another lockdown so Im now scared and I'm panicking. I'm actually dreading it, what are we going to do if there's another lockdown, I'm actually not going to cope and its ruined my day seeing that. Im so scared about this lockdown.*I don't know what I'm actually going to do.

I don’t really care because I have no friends anyway so I don’t see the point of going out the house
Sometimes it might not be accessible. Some people live alone, can't have visitors or nothing in lockdown and it's ****ed. People have killed themselves

I spent the first year of lockdown on my own in a one bed flat, I know exactly what it is like.

People kill themselves all the time, it has been the biggest killer of men under 50 for the last decade.
According to research there has not been an increase from a typical year.
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n834
I spent the first year of lockdown on my own in a one bed flat, I know exactly what it is like.

People kill themselves all the time, it has been the biggest killer of men under 50 for the last decade.
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n834

But lockdown is making it worse and they want to now bring another one back

Lockdowns have caused this to worsen
I'm actually not gonna make myself feel depressed thinking about the future. If it happens, it happens. Boris Johnson is a Shmuck, and with him in government, buckle up cause there's a lot more lockdowns to come.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending