The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Applied today for accomodation

I just applied for accomodation now and the deadline is tomorrow. I got the confirmation letter, so am I guaranteed to get a room? I chose en suite campus and en suite campus plus as my top options as I would really like one of these rooms. Am I unlikely to get one of these rooms because I applied late?
It depends on the individual university. Some do it on a first come first served basis, others are pulled out randomly. If you got your request in before the deadline and it’s your first year then you should be guaranteed a room but not necessary the ones you selected. That’s why you have to put down a number of choices in order of preference. Nothing is guaranteed. You will get your accommodation allocated to you on results day provided you met your offer criteria. Unless you have firmed an unconditional offer in which case you should find out sooner.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
My UEA email says if you apply by the deadline, you’re guaranteed a room. No one I know has received their choice yet, they are allocated after results day, as far as I know it’s not first come first serve.
Original post by Anonymous
I just applied for accomodation now and the deadline is tomorrow. I got the confirmation letter, so am I guaranteed to get a room? I chose en suite campus and en suite campus plus as my top options as I would really like one of these rooms. Am I unlikely to get one of these rooms because I applied late?

Which uni? What did it say on the accomodation application details. Some work on a first come first served basis, others allocate once the deadline is reached in which case you have as much chance as anyone else of getting your first choice.
Reply 4
Original post by Nobody2u
Which uni? What did it say on the accomodation application details. Some work on a first come first served basis, others allocate once the deadline is reached in which case you have as much chance as anyone else of getting your first choice.

Im going to UEA. I checked their website and they said this: "Your accommodation offer will be emailed to you shortly after your room has been allocated, and this happens after your student status has been confirmed. The majority of applicants will be allocated in the period between the end of August and the middle of September."
So nothing to worry about ☺️
Original post by Anonymous

Hi, thanks for your question! :smile:

Congratulations on your place at UEA, we are looking forward to welcoming you in September! Do you know if you met the requirements for the accommodation guarantee? You can find information on that here. Otherwise, you can contact [email protected] if you have any concerns about your allocation.

Also, feel free to have a look at our welcome page in the mean time. There's a great list of things to remember to pack on this page too. If you have any other questions just let me know, and we hope you enjoy your time with us!

Best wishes,
Danielle
Film and Television Studies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending