The Student Room Group

Will i get my application processed in time the next expected update says april 2028?

I am applying to a games programming course at Teesside university to start in september of this year, i applied for student finance back in may but i don't have a valid uk passport since mine had expired, Instead i uploaded a photo of my birth certificate as identity evidence, it then said my evidence was recieved and the application was processing, and that the next expected upadate would be in june, there was no update in june and even through to july the status of the application didnt change and the next expected update stayed the same, then around a week ago i checked it and it said it was going to be may 2024, which was concerning sicne that would be after my start date and i need the maintenance loan for my accomodation, as weel as the loan for my tuition fees, a few days later it went to october 2024 and i checked today and its saying april 2028, that seems ridiculous to me so im wondering if i've done anything wrong but iv've checked and it doesnt seem like it. Is there anything i can do to get my application processed in time for september, i have an offer for a room in the accomodations that i need to respond to but if i wont have the money to pay for it ill have to say no.
Original post by Bunger
I am applying to a games programming course at Teesside university to start in september of this year, i applied for student finance back in may but i don't have a valid uk passport since mine had expired, Instead i uploaded a photo of my birth certificate as identity evidence, it then said my evidence was recieved and the application was processing, and that the next expected upadate would be in june, there was no update in june and even through to july the status of the application didnt change and the next expected update stayed the same, then around a week ago i checked it and it said it was going to be may 2024, which was concerning sicne that would be after my start date and i need the maintenance loan for my accomodation, as weel as the loan for my tuition fees, a few days later it went to october 2024 and i checked today and its saying april 2028, that seems ridiculous to me so im wondering if i've done anything wrong but iv've checked and it doesnt seem like it. Is there anything i can do to get my application processed in time for september, i have an offer for a room in the accomodations that i need to respond to but if i wont have the money to pay for it ill have to say no.

Hi there, We would advised to contact us so we can look into the expected processing dates that you are seeing so we can advise of the correct processing timescale. If you have the live chat option on your online account you can contact us there or by calling us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, We would advised to contact us so we can look into the expected processing dates that you are seeing so we can advise of the correct processing timescale. If you have the live chat option on your online account you can contact us there or by calling us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Angela

Hi, i tried to do that yesterday but calling the number only gave me an automated response that told me if i want to check the status of my application i can do it on the website, and there wasnt any option to speak to a real person, the same went for the live chat, the chat bot told me there was nobody available to respond to me.
Original post by Bunger
Hi, i tried to do that yesterday but calling the number only gave me an automated response that told me if i want to check the status of my application i can do it on the website, and there wasnt any option to speak to a real person, the same went for the live chat, the chat bot told me there was nobody available to respond to me.

Hi there, Please keep trying the live chat option, it is available 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending