The Student Room Group

is it too early to say it?

i started dating this new guy and its been 2 weeks and he just said he loves me,I was shocked cause I feel like its too early,is saying'' I love you'' too early considered a red flag?
news flash, he doesnt actually love you.
I love you
It's not always a red flag. Maybe this guy doesn't know what true love is?
maybe he actually loves you? two weeks is a good amount of time to know a person properly.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
news flash, he doesnt actually love you.

yess,thats what i am saying,i haven't replied to him yet cause I don't know what to say and I cant say it back too soon since I'm not sure if I love him yet
Reply 6
Original post by urlocalinmate
It's not always a red flag. Maybe this guy doesn't know what true love is?

oh....good point but we do enjoy spending time together though...just not at ''love'' yet
Reply 7
Original post by JAckieee.chan
maybe he actually loves you? two weeks is a good amount of time to know a person properly.

i dont know....i feel like two weeks isn't enough although we enjoy spending time together
why in earth would someone say I love you through texting especially when it's the first time. he has to say it in your face or else he doesn't love you and he's missing around.
yess,thats what i am saying,i haven't replied to him yet cause I don't know what to say and I cant say it back too soon since I'm not sure if I love him yet

what are you 15? how can you love him after 2 weeks
why in earth would someone say I love you through texting especially when it's the first time. he has to say it in your face or else he doesn't love you and he's missing around.

i agree and thats the problem because it would make stuff awkward and ruin the vibes we had
what are you 15? how can you love him after 2 weeks

i said he said it to me and i havent replied and we are both over 18
Reply 12
i started dating this new guy and its been 2 weeks and he just said he loves me,I was shocked cause I feel like its too early,is saying'' I love you'' too early considered a red flag?

Maybe he just got caught up in the moment and said that he loved you
i said he said it to me and i havent replied and we are both over 18

then im sorry to say that hes clearly looking for a quick beat.
But let him know if you're okay.
Reply 14
It can be tempting to say it in the heady early stages of romance and long before it can really be true or wise to come out with. I would just take it that he fancies the pants off you.
(edited 2 years ago)

in general, saying it after two weeks can scare the other person off, and dating experts recommend a good three months (minimum) of wait before saying it.

actions to take from this would be to take it all with a pinch of salt. Don’t really say it back if you don’t feel comfortable, and it’s perfectly ok to question it.

yes, it might have slipped out in the heat of the moment, however, so I wouldn’t let it get to you. But it’s perfectly ok to now question a lot of his behaviours, and think about what he actually wants from you....

an appropriate response might be [i]“what makes you say that?” or ”thank you”.
Original post by Bowlol
Maybe he just got caught up in the moment and said that he loved you

i think so too
I mean, the guy can learn along the way?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending