The Student Room Group

A noobs guide to uni: learning on the job

Well hello there! I’m going into year 1 of uni and I thought that a good way to work things out and not find myself to overloaded with stuff would be to write a blog. At first I thought a diary would be good, then I realised that somewhere down the line I’d most likely put it into the public eye, the exact reason to be announced later; thus this blog was born!

Anyways, enough rambling, thought I’d start it sooner rather than later as I’m checking into accommodation on the 11th!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought I’d simply make my first post with some introductory information about oneself.

Going into year 1 of uni, my university of choice being Exeter (Falmouth campus though, unfortunately) I’m going to be studying Politics and International Relations.
Original post by brjf
Well hello there! I’m going into year 1 of uni and I thought that a good way to work things out and not find myself to overloaded with stuff would be to write a blog. At first I thought a diary would be good, then I realised that somewhere down the line I’d most likely put it into the public eye, the exact reason to be announced later; thus this blog was born!

Anyways, enough rambling, thought I’d start it sooner rather than later as I’m checking into accommodation on the 11th!

why r u planning to put it in the public eye r u planning to become famous or r u going to expose a scandal??
Also good luck starting uni and everything
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by irismcnab
why r u planning to put it in the public eye r u planning to become famous or r u going to expose a scandal??
Also good luck starting uni and everything

Neither or, I simply thought I could get some help along the way, something like that at the very least.

Do feel free to peruse every once in a while, at your own behest of course, once this begins to fill up.

Are you at uni or doing something else? I would very much like to know and thank you
Original post by brjf
Neither or, I simply thought I could get some help along the way, something like that at the very least.

Do feel free to peruse every once in a while, at your own behest of course, once this begins to fill up.

Are you at uni or doing something else? I would very much like to know and thank you

yeah I'm starting uni end of the month (:
Reply 5
Original post by irismcnab
yeah I'm starting uni end of the month (:

Oh fantastic! Where are you going and what are you studying?
Reply 6
Anyways, no idea what I need to get ready today, largely due in part of the fact I’m pretty sure I’ve got pretty much everything ready.

I think all that is left now is sorting out extra student finance which is what the parents are doing.
Reply 7
I’ll probably check societies and stuff like that, haven’t done that yet
Reply 8
Well, my parents finally figured out how to do their student finance, can get that extra dosh otherwise uni will bankrupt them
Reply 9
And my parents have done sf, I also got my railcard today which is cool
Reply 10
Next up an itinerary of the clothes situation, I don’t have that many clothes lol
Reply 11
Today’s to do list:
- new shoes
- clothes
- new bedding

Honestly I’ve hated how much money we’ve spent getting prepared for uni, spending lots of money absolutely horrifies me and usually if something costs a lot I’ll just not buy it or find a cheaper option
Reply 12
Original post by brjf
Today’s to do list:
- new shoes
- clothes
- new bedding

Honestly I’ve hated how much money we’ve spent getting prepared for uni, spending lots of money absolutely horrifies me and usually if something costs a lot I’ll just not buy it or find a cheaper option

Honestly, just raid Wilko (apart from the clothes and shoes, but everything else!)

You'll soon see that you don't need a load of fancy stuff

If you want to save some money, check out my linktree
https://linktr.ee/IshC
Reply 13
Original post by IC3112
Honestly, just raid Wilko (apart from the clothes and shoes, but everything else!)

You'll soon see that you don't need a load of fancy stuff

If you want to save some money, check out my linktree
https://linktr.ee/IshC

Oh yeah, done that.
Reply 14
So tomorrow lunch I set off for uni, feeling scared and also excited about it all, I just don’t know what to expect to be honest.
Reply 15
Original post by brjf
So tomorrow lunch I set off for uni, feeling scared and also excited about it all, I just don’t know what to expect to be honest.

Just try and make friends, be social and don't take anything too seriously.

Make sure you keep ontop of your work (regular, consistent & manageable amounts) and you're gucci
Reply 16
I’ve been driving down today and I’m in Cornwall now! Going to stay overnight and will make my way there tomorrow morning
Reply 17
Coming to the end of my first full day at uni today, met cool people and had a lot of fun
Reply 18
Woah, I’ve been at uni for 19 days!
Reply 19
It’s very hard work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending