The Student Room Group

Foreign brown girl dating white guy AMA

As in title :smile:

Scroll to see replies

are your parents strict?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
are your parents strict?

Not at all. I'm not from India but a Southeast Asian country (not expats or anything like that though).
The rest of my family however... if I marry him I'm dreading the wedding. Will probably not bother with one at all
Reply 3
Where u from?
Not at all. I'm not from India but a Southeast Asian country (not expats or anything like that though).
The rest of my family however... if I marry him I'm dreading the wedding. Will probably not bother with one at all

well brown usually means south asians
Reply 5

In usa asian means = chinese , japan , korea etc
In uk asian means = pakistan , iran , Afghanistan, india

Not related to the topic but interesting
Reply 6

I am South Asian. I was born in Southeast Asia. Just like how you have UK born British Indians or Pakistanis you have Vietnam born, Thailand born, SIngapore born of the same
Reply 7
Original post by TonyKhan

I have noticed this too and can only assume that it's because of the Asians in movies (Bruce Lee etc). Also the East Asian 'smart kid'.

I equate asian with Black (they are both people of a continent) and use East/South/SouthEast asian for specific populations.
How does your family feel about him? Are you and yours religious, and is he?
Reply 9
As in title :smile:

WMAF is very common really whether it be Indian woman or Chinese woman. What is your favourite food?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
How does your family feel about him? Are you and yours religious, and is he?

My family follows the religious festivals and go to temple once a month but that's about it. His family go to church but he doesn't.
God is spiritual and personal. Organised religion is man-made and more about government than spiritual realisation.
Once Covid is over I will go the temple and bring him too :smile:

My parents are open-minded and like him. I don't think the rest of my family will accept him however. If I do end up with him there will probably be a fight as I don't want a big wedding with lots of racist relatives judging us,
Do you eat a lot of pork?

As much as anyone else? I'm not Muslim lol if that's what you're trying to ask
Original post by 2uber1
WMAF is very common really whether it be Indian woman or Chinese woman. What is your favourite food?

Can't decide between biryani and korean fried chicken :wink:
My family follows the religious festivals and go to temple once a month but that's about it. His family go to church but he doesn't.
God is spiritual and personal. Organised religion is man-made and more about government than spiritual realisation.
Once Covid is over I will go the temple and bring him too :smile:

My parents are open-minded and like him. I don't think the rest of my family will accept him however. If I do end up with him there will probably be a fight as I don't want a big wedding with lots of racist relatives judging us,

I couldn't agree more.
Why are you anon
I equate asian with Black (they are both people of a continent) and use East/South/SouthEast asian for specific populations.

Have you ever paid attention in geography? Black isn't a continent; Africa is.
Original post by TonyKhan

in London we always think Asians= east
Original post by hungrysalamander
Have you ever paid attention in geography? Black isn't a continent; Africa is.

Does being rude to strangers on the internet make you happy? If so I feel sorry for you.

Africa is a continent but people of African descent are more commonly referred to as Black, not African. Of course in the U.S the politically correct term is 'African-American' but nobody uses it. It's Black Lives Matter, not African Lives Matter.
Similarly Asian is what I use to refer to people from the continent (rather than Browns or Yellows). For some reason in the U.K/U.S people take Asian to mean Indians or Chinese respectively.

Indians, Chinese, Somalians etc are all people of a country.
*A country or specific descent.
Original post by Moonlight Rain
Why are you anon

What difference does it make?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending