The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster university commute

Hi,
How long does you commute to university take? My commute time would be around 50 minutes by car or around 40 miles. Is that normal?
Reply 1
Lancaster is a royal pain in the backside to get to if you don't live in. I commuted for about an hour to my undergrad institution, but that was public transport so a little slower. By car I could've halved that. I think that is pretty normal for people not in halls etc.
(edited 2 years ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
Lancaster is a royal pain in the backside to get to if you don't live in. I commuted for about an hour to my undergrad institution, but that was public transport so a little slower. By car I could've halved that. I think that is pretty normal for people not in halls etc.

Thank you for your reply. I live near the motorway and since Lancaster is also near the motorway, I believe that it would be easier to travel. Do you have any recommendations as a former commuter?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for your reply. I live near the motorway and since Lancaster is also near the motorway, I believe that it would be easier to travel. Do you have any recommendations as a former commuter?

Sounds obvious, but leave earlier than you need to because there can and will be holdups, especially on the M6. But if you can mitigate that, I think you are sorted :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending