The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I don’t care what you think, I loved… I really did. I ghosted her because I didn’t think she felt the same, I felt like I was wasting my time and that ghosting wouldn’t help me move on.

So I found that she was very hurt by it, has struggled with it for years, can’t trust anyone anymore, and has had issues in her relationships.

Wtf is going on???

well, she liked you and you ghosted her
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Htx_x346
well, she liked you and you ghosted her

literally common sense lmao, surprised they couldn't figure that out
Is this a troll? Obviously ghosting is very hurtful and should be avoided in nearly all circumstances.
I don’t care what you think, I loved… I really did. I ghosted her because I didn’t think she felt the same, I felt like I was wasting my time and that ghosting wouldn’t help me move on.

So I found that she was very hurt by it, has struggled with it for years, can’t trust anyone anymore, and has had issues in her relationships.

Wtf is going on???

Sadly, due to their upbringing, I have learnt some people have trouble expressing their emotions. As much as it sucks, it's something we have to live with.

Did you ask for reassurance? Did you guys meet up? Maybe ask how she is feeling about you? Communication could have fixed this issue if you loved her lots, imo.
Original post by LittleBear04
Is this a troll? Obviously ghosting is very hurtful and should be avoided in nearly all circumstances.

When you are unsure whats happening, have trust issues, trying to stop yourself from getting hurt emotionally and lowkey angry/upset that they don't feel the same, maybe ghosting (walking away) and trying to forget is an option...

One of the cons of dating people who struggle to express their emotions.

Wtf is going on???

You broke her trust, you hurt her. She must've felt worthless when you left without saying
When you are unsure whats happening, have trust issues, trying to stop yourself from getting hurt emotionally and lowkey angry/upset that they don't feel the same, maybe ghosting (walking away) and trying to forget is an option...

One of the cons of dating people who struggle to express their emotions.

Everyone expresses emotions, but it's important to understand how she would feel when you take this option. It's difficult to talk about tough things (like break-ups, relationship issues) but that's just life in general. Ghosting is not the right option - it's a cowards way out.

Wtf is going on???

Did you think about how it would effect her, before actually doing it? You could have asked her first? I don't entirely believe what you're saying here.

Majority of times, people ghost because it is the easier/more convenient option for themselves. It avoids uncomfortable conversations with the other person, or having to explain yourself to them and why you don't feel the same way.

And this applies to women too. I don't buy it that it's because they think the man will automatically try to rape them if they reject him. That will be the case in some instances, most not, and certainly doesn't apply over text message due to obvious practical difficulties of raping someone over the phone.
Reply 9
Sadly, due to their upbringing, I have learnt some people have trouble expressing their emotions. As much as it sucks, it's something we have to live with.

Did you ask for reassurance? Did you guys meet up? Maybe ask how she is feeling about you? Communication could have fixed this issue if you loved her lots, imo.

I admit, I'm not the best at expressing my feelings - I've never been. In this case, I felt extremely vulnerable.

When we first met, we were both in a relationship... I didn't cheat on my then GF, but we had a women when I rested my hed on her stomach as she stood in front of me, and she stroked my hair... and it was plain to see something was there.

For 6 years, I only wanted wanted her.

Yes we did meetup several times... the last was when she invited me over to her city... all her friends knew me, and we were pretty much the centre of attention at this party. Her best friend even told me that I had no idea how much she would talk about me.
What's wrong with ghosting? You can't force people to keep talking to someone else and you don't owe anyone an explanation why you don't want to talk to them anymore.
I admit, I'm not the best at expressing my feelings - I've never been. In this case, I felt extremely vulnerable.

When we first met, we were both in a relationship... I didn't cheat on my then GF, but we had a women when I rested my hed on her stomach as she stood in front of me, and she stroked my hair... and it was plain to see something was there.

For 6 years, I only wanted wanted her.

Yes we did meetup several times... the last was when she invited me over to her city... all her friends knew me, and we were pretty much the centre of attention at this party. Her best friend even told me that I had no idea how much she would talk about me.

so why did you think she didn't like you if she talks about you a lot?
I didn't cheat on my then GF, but we had a women when I rested my hed on her stomach as she stood in front of me, and she stroked my hair... and it was plain to see something was there.

my brain can't process this
so why did you think she didn't like you if she talks about you a lot?

I don't know anymore, I really don't...
Original post by LittleBear04
Everyone expresses emotions, but it's important to understand how she would feel when you take this option. It's difficult to talk about tough things (like break-ups, relationship issues) but that's just life in general. Ghosting is not the right option - it's a cowards way out.

yes but not clearly.. i know some people unable to convert their emotions into words imo. But you don't know how she feels to plan how it would affect her? Maybe the OP thought she didn't care?
I don't know anymore, I really don't...

i suppose its a lesson to learn and move on? Past relationships are lessons for future relationships if you aren't just in it for the sex.
Original post by NonIndigenous
Did you think about how it would effect her, before actually doing it? You could have asked her first? I don't entirely believe what you're saying here.

Majority of times, people ghost because it is the easier/more convenient option for themselves. It avoids uncomfortable conversations with the other person, or having to explain yourself to them and why you don't feel the same way.

And this applies to women too. I don't buy it that it's because they think the man will automatically try to rape them if they reject him. That will be the case in some instances, most not, and certainly doesn't apply over text message due to obvious practical difficulties of raping someone over the phone.

That’s it isn’t it, I didn’t think how she would feel about it, I didn’t think how I would feel 6 years down the line. I’m a mess. Every relationship I’ve had since has been just a pastime. Don’t get me wrong the women ive known have been fantastic, but ive never been in love.
Original post by summerbirdreads
my brain can't process this

Have you ever been as far decided go want to do look more like?
What a silly silly question. You made a mistake, that’s why.
Original post by NonIndigenous
Have you ever been as far decided go want to do look more like?

Did you sit on your phone?

Latest

Trending

Trending