The Student Room Group

kissing is bad? (and religion?)

why is kissing always seen as sommin bad? like i kissed a boy, my mum found out, and then confiscated my phone so i don't talk to him anymore.

also why is kissing on the lips haram in islam?

Scroll to see replies

The way I think of it kissing isn’t bad but parents think that kissing will lead to sex outside marriage meaning the possibility of pregnancy and so on. And some old people think it should be frowned upon because of that or because it is ‘dishonourable’
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
why is kissing always seen as sommin bad? like i kissed a boy, my mum found out, and then confiscated my phone so i don't talk to him anymore.

How did they find out? Perhaps avoid any photo or video evidence and keep away from snakes next fine
I’m so sorry you got punished like that
Reply 4
Original post by AnActor184
How did they find out? Perhaps avoid any photo or video evidence and keep away from snakes next fine

you calling my mum a snake? bit far mate..
you calling my mum a snake? bit far mate..

No no nooo! I’m sorry no I didn’t mean it like that. Like if someone went out of their way to snake your mum avoid them. NOOOO! I wouldn’t say that but nevertheless sorry it came across like that
Reply 6
Original post by AnActor184
No no nooo! I’m sorry no I didn’t mean it like that. Like if someone went out of their way to snake your mum avoid them. NOOOO! I wouldn’t say that but nevertheless sorry it came across like that

ur good bro, dw. sorry

you cant touch or be intimate with the opposite sex outside of marriage in Islam
you can kiss your husband privately, because intimacy should be kept private to maintain a wholesome relationship
idk but i talked to a boy on my phone as a friend and got shouted at sooo i couldn't imagine kissing someone.
Reply 9
idk but i talked to a boy on my phone as a friend and got shouted at sooo i couldn't imagine kissing someone.

thats not fair tho. i wanna be in a relationship when im older tho - but app thats haram.

god, i hate this 'haram' ********
thats not fair tho. i wanna be in a relationship when im older tho - but app thats haram.

relationships aren't haram
it just has to be a halal relationship
Some people are very harsh traditionalists committed to a fundamentalist interpretation of religion or secular tribal & cultural beliefs about family honour/izzat.
While others believe in imposing their favourite puritanical ancient family traditions that advocate no close contact or unnecessary social interactions with those outside of the household/extended family (whether blood related or not).

oh i'm not muslim - i'm a sikh. but yeah, same. i want a relationship SOO bad it's actually sad.
it's sad because my parents said that i could marry a white person but not have a bf?? i don't get how that works
cause they are the first steps of shaytan. Every step will lead to something more sinner.

OP is not Muslim
Original post by summerbirdreads
OP is not Muslim

yes OP is muslim actually.
but i don't get how being in a relationship, and kissing is HARAM? like i'm not losing my virginity, and i'm not doing something wrong. if kissing is gonna take me to hell, then so be it. I kissed my guy best friend, and it was hella nice, so im not not gonna kiss my boyfriend/husband in the future. how is this a sin, like genuinely, i don't understand, please explain. Enlighten me.
yes OP is muslim actually.
but i don't get how being in a relationship, and kissing is HARAM? like i'm not losing my virginity, and i'm not doing something wrong. if kissing is gonna take me to hell, then so be it. I kissed my guy best friend, and it was hella nice, so im not not gonna kiss my boyfriend/husband in the future. how is this a sin, like genuinely, i don't understand, please explain. Enlighten me.

I think you can kiss your husband but touching male non-relatives or even interacting with them when there is no need is haram, why Idk, do I care? no, but it's just the way it is
I think you can kiss your husband but touching male non-relatives or even interacting with them when there is no need is haram, why Idk, do I care? no, but it's just the way it is

what if this male non-relative is a potential boyfriend?

potential husband even?

Still bad, even if he is a potential husband it's still haram, you need to be married to be able to kiss in the halal way
Still bad, even if he is a potential husband it's still haram, you need to be married to be able to kiss in the halal way

is it okay if i dont believe that?

i don't think that makes me muslim

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending