The Student Room Group

Applying for registration with a conviction

(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi
Having read your other thread you made identical on this question I would wait and see what happens with things with NMC as no point worrying to much untill you know outcome of there decisions.
I would think you'll be ok unless there's something that NMC finds that don't allow them to let you join nursing registrar.

I would intend to listen to what others said to you on this on your other thread okay.
Reply 2
Hey!I'm in exactly the same position as you, with the same conviction. I had a caution for fraud 2 weeks before starting the degree. The Uni said it was fine and to proceed with the course, but the NMC have asked for a statement. This was 3 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing, no replies to emails and the guy on the phone wasn't much help. The waiting is awful isn't it, I have a constant knot on my stomach. I've started as a Band 4, my employee is aware of the situation and they are hoping I get my PIN ASAP. Good luck!!
Original post by ANTJAYC
Hey!I'm in exactly the same position as you, with the same conviction. I had a caution for fraud 2 weeks before starting the degree. The Uni said it was fine and to proceed with the course, but the NMC have asked for a statement. This was 3 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing, no replies to emails and the guy on the phone wasn't much help. The waiting is awful isn't it, I have a constant knot on my stomach. I've started as a Band 4, my employee is aware of the situation and they are hoping I get my PIN ASAP. Good luck!!

NMC can take anytime upto 6/8 weeks or even longer before deciding there answer. Sometimes they can be quicker.

No point phoning or contacting them as you'll need to give them time to investigate everything.

Yours only a caution so can't see you having any problems getting your pin from them unless they find something else that can stop them .

I'm a registered midwife ( recently promoted to band 6 charge nurse midwife ).

Good luck with your career to as band 4 ( what happened to band 5 position as newly qualified nurse ).
Reply 4
Original post by Tracey_W
NMC can take anytime upto 6/8 weeks or even longer before deciding there answer. Sometimes they can be quicker.

No point phoning or contacting them as you'll need to give them time to investigate everything.

Yours only a caution so can't see you having any problems getting your pin from them unless they find something else that can stop them .

I'm a registered midwife ( recently promoted to band 6 charge nurse midwife ).

Good luck with your career to as band 4 ( what happened to band 5 position as newly qualified nurse ).

Thanks for your reply Tracy.
I've been emailing them just to confirm that they've received everything from me, because I don't want anything to hold it up, but they haven't replied at all.
I can't see it being a problem as I had informed the University prior to starting and I've always declared it job applications and to the NMC.
I've got a job as a District Nurse but they are employing me as a Band 4 until my PIN comes through. I'm supernumerary for another 3 weeks, so fingers crossed it comes before then.
Original post by ANTJAYC
Thanks for your reply Tracy.
I've been emailing them just to confirm that they've received everything from me, because I don't want anything to hold it up, but they haven't replied at all.
I can't see it being a problem as I had informed the University prior to starting and I've always declared it job applications and to the NMC.
I've got a job as a District Nurse but they are employing me as a Band 4 until my PIN comes through. I'm supernumerary for another 3 weeks, so fingers crossed it comes before then.

Hi,
They will get back to you as soon as they are 100% satisfied with things and I can't see them replying before then, only issues you will have if not back in time for your start date for your district nursing post is you may have to delay again this which will obviously be inconvenience to you. Hopefully it won't be like this.

You'll be looking forward in working in the community setting and getting out and about seeing at home patients.

I was about 5 weeks before receiving mines then I started the week after I got it.

Just have to keep your fingers crossed that you'll get it sooner x
Reply 6
Original post by Sarahessex94
So they had a meeting yesterday and didn’t accept the application but they didn’t refuse it either. They want more information on the conviction so now I have to wait longer. It doesn’t seem promising at the moment I feel so worried everyday I’ve also started as a band 4 but the worrying of not getting the chance to do what I love is overwhelming

Oh no! So sorry to hear that! Fingers crossed for you that it gets accepted.
The thing is, I don't see how the University's Fitness to Practice team can allow someone to do a nursing degree, when they work under NMC guidelines for the NMC to then decline an application. It just doesn't make sense, that's a waste of 3 years and a useless degree otherwise.
Reply 7
So they had a meeting yesterday and didn’t accept the application but they didn’t refuse it either. They want more information on the conviction so now I have to wait longer. It doesn’t seem promising at the moment I feel so worried everyday I’ve also started as a band 4 but the worrying of not getting the chance to do what I love is overwhelming

If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply for your pin?
Reply 8
It was the end of September the process can take 3 months but they said that’s unusual it’s normally around a month. The uni shouldn’t accept someone into a degree if they aren’t sure if they will get on the nmc register. The uni said they looked into everything when I joined and that it would be fine but that’s actually not a guarantee. If my trust are willing to employ me as well I don’t see the issue

I've applied the same time as you, hopefully I'll hear something soon.
It was never explained to me that my caution could have consequences when applying for my PIN, never mentioned it at all. Otherwise I wouldn't have wasted 3 years. I'll be taking the University to court! Haha.
Original post by ANTJAYC
I've applied the same time as you, hopefully I'll hear something soon.
It was never explained to me that my caution could have consequences when applying for my PIN, never mentioned it at all. Otherwise I wouldn't have wasted 3 years. I'll be taking the University to court! Haha.

Let me know if you hear anything, the waiting is awful
Reply 10
Let me know if you hear anything, the waiting is awful

I've just had an email saying that the assistant registrar will be making a decision on Thursday and hopefully will find out shortly after.
Don't know how I'm going to make it though this week!
Original post by ANTJAYC
I've just had an email saying that the assistant registrar will be making a decision on Thursday and hopefully will find out shortly after.

They said that to me they were looking at mine Thursday last week and by the end of Friday I hadn’t had an email so I emailed them and was told they want more information and now they are also going to look at mine this Thursday as well. If you don’t hear by Friday email them. Let me know how you get on. I had this all last week as well and it’s torture
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ANTJAYC

Good luck for tomorrow
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13
Good luck for tomorrow

Ah thanks!! Good look to you also!
Trying to stay positive!
Original post by ANTJAYC

Hi just wondering have you received your pin yet?
They said that to me they were looking at mine Thursday last week and by the end of Friday I hadn’t had an email so I emailed them and was told they want more information and now they are also going to look at mine this Thursday as well. If you don’t hear by Friday email them. Let me know how you get on. I had this all last week as well and it’s torture

Hi how long did it take to receive your pin?
Original post by ANTJAYC

Did you find out?
Reply 17
Hi.

Yes I got my PIN. Took 4 weeks from me applying for it to then have the decision.
Original post by ANTJAYC
Hi.

Yes I got my PIN. Took 4 weeks from me applying for it to then have the decision.

How did you cope during the wait? I'm really struggling i applied for mine on the 6th December sent off letter from uni and supporting statement on Monday. Feel really vulnerable that they could turn around and still not let me register. Im having second thoughts about nursing now.
Reply 19
Original post by Ilovenursing
How did you cope during the wait? I'm really struggling i applied for mine on the 6th December sent off letter from uni and supporting statement on Monday. Feel really vulnerable that they could turn around and still not let me register. Im having second thoughts about nursing now.

I felt exactly the same, I was looking for jobs elsewhere. You'll be fine, honestly. Its the most horrendous wait but the Uni wouldn't have put you through 3 years for nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending