The Student Room Group

Second Degree - Finance Options!

Sorry I firstly want to apologise incase this has been raised before.

I am a qualified Nurse currently working full time - but i would like a career change - I want to do my Bsc and Masters in forensic science but i am unsure about funding options for tuition and so forth. Does anyone know what my options are because i keep reading about a second degree you cant get tuition loans for that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Emma :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by emma-brookes
Sorry I firstly want to apologise incase this has been raised before.

I am a qualified Nurse currently working full time - but i would like a career change - I want to do my Bsc and Masters in forensic science but i am unsure about funding options for tuition and so forth. Does anyone know what my options are because i keep reading about a second degree you cant get tuition loans for that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Emma :smile:

I don't think you would qualify for the full funding.

Have you considered doing a conversion course in something else or a masters?

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

If you already have a degree
You may be eligible for limited funding in certain circumstances

You may get limited funding if you’re ‘topping up’ a higher education qualification, for example you’ve finished an HNC, HND or Foundation Degree and now want to do an Honours degre

You may also get limited funding if you hold an Honours degree or a higher level of qualification and start a new course. This could be a part-time Honours degree, a joint Honours degree or an Integrated Master’s degree in one of the following (or 2 if it’s a joint Honours degree

agriculture and related subjec
architecture (if it’s a MArch RIBA Part 2 course
biological science
computer scienc
mathematical science
medicine and allied subject
physical science
technologie
courses leading to qualification as a veterinary surgeo
You could also be eligible if you’re starting a healthcare course on or after 1 August 2017nsssses)ts):e..

I believe If you haven't done an Allied Health Professional courses first time round and want to do a degree then you'll get the full loan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending