The Student Room Group

Newcastle University A101 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I’ve just received an interview invitation for A101. Interviews slots started from 6th December
Original post by TCRW
I’ve just received an interview invitation for A101. Interviews slots started from 6th December

interview invite for me too!! well done, good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by gemplzx
interview invite over here too!

interview invite for me too!! well done, good luck!

You too!!
Interview here with 3010 - guessing the cut off was lower this year, thank goodness for that :smile:

EDIT: is anyone else's confirmation email stating selection for A100 despite the initial email inviting to registration stating A101? Ive emailed the admissions team and hope it's a simple spelling error, wondering if anyone else is the same?
(edited 2 years ago)
Interview here as well 3010 as well🎉🎉🎉
Reply 25
Original post by pole5533
Interview here with 3010 - guessing the cut off was lower this year, thank goodness for that :smile:

EDIT: is anyone else's confirmation email stating selection for A100 despite the initial email inviting to registration stating A101? Ive emailed the admissions team and hope it's a simple spelling error, wondering if anyone else is the same?

Do they consider you for A100 if you don't make the cut off for A101?
Original post by TCL
Do they consider you for A100 if you don't make the cut off for A101

Not sure - in my case, and if anyone else also received an A100 confirmation despite receiving registration for the A101 - it is a simple admin error and we're all still considered solely for A101 ( just got off the phone with admissions)
Original post by pole5533

mine says the same, very reassuring to see yours says it too... i think it must just be a spelling mistake! good luck for your interview! :biggrin:
Original post by olamideakosile
Interview here as well 3010 as well🎉🎉🎉

congrats, good luck!!
Me too (ucat 3230, my email also said A101)! I’m a little nervous about the interviews being over zoom, but hopefully it’ll be ok! Good luck everyone!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Soot_sprite
Me too (ucat 3230, my email also said A101)! I’m a little nervous about the interviews being over zoom, but hopefully it’ll be ok! Good luck everyone!

Original post by Luk196
I got an interview - UCAT 3100, my email did say A101.

it’s the email you get after choosing your interview slot which might say A100 :smile: good luck both of you!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 31
I got an interview as well - 3070 UCAT and the confirmation also stated A100. Good to know that's just a mistake.

Can I ask how old people around here are? With Newcastle GEM being such a small group that joins up with A100 later on, I'm a bit worried about being 36 when starting med school.
Original post by gemplzx
it’s the email you get after choosing your interview slot which might say A100 :smile: good luck both of you!!

Ahh thanks for letting me know! That email went to junk for me so I didn’t see it at first, mine did have A100 on too
Original post by TimGEM
I got an interview as well - 3070 UCAT and the confirmation also stated A100. Good to know that's just a mistake.

Can I ask how old people around here are? With Newcastle GEM being such a small group that joins up with A100 later on, I'm a bit worried about being 36 when starting med school.

I turn 25 when we start but honestly, don’t worry about it, age is just a number. Medicine is a 30+ year career, there’s people who have started at 50. I personally know another 40 year old. You’ll always have the GEM lot to talk to if you feel any type of way about the A100 students, but at the end of the day we’re all colleagues, I’m sure everyone will be alright
Oh wow, thought mine was a risky application with 3000 but might have a shot yet.

Does anyone know if they send the invites/rejections in batches?
I had the exact same!! Interview invitation for A101 and interview confirmation for A100… I was gonna email tomorrow but maybe it’s just a glitch?
Original post by gemplzx
mine says the same, very reassuring to see yours says it too... i think it must just be a spelling mistake! good luck for your interview! :biggrin:

Same here!!! Interview invitation for A101 but confirmation for A100
Reply 37
Congratulations and commiserations on responses so far.

If you guys are up for it, I like to collect the details of TSR users that have been offered interviews in hopes that will help future cohorts in deciding where it would be most appropriate to apply:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hUWXlwj12Uqf9De4613Ni3MrQQeIWTAq7M3koXUG4yM/edit#gid=855535143

Hopefully a similar sheet has helped you in the past and maybe this one can help you too.

Good luck in your other applications and in your next stages!
Original post by TimGEM

I'll be 35 if I get in. It's good to know there is someone else in my age bracket. We could set up some sort of ageing med student social evening, where we all drink herbal tea and comment ruefully on our energy levels not being what they were before heading home to sleep early. :tongue:
does anyone know how likely it is that newcastle will ask science-based questions? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending