The Student Room Group

Guys and girls - What are your dating deal breakers?

So for example:
Any height that's too tall/short? For example I doubt girls are gonna want a guy thats shorter or guys will want a girl that's taller but also I doubt a girl that's 5'0 is gonna want a guy that's like 6'4 or something.
Weight? Are you fine with any weight or if they are a certain level of under/overweight you wouldn't wanna date them?
Body type? Girls are you wanting only guys with muscular bodies and guys are you only wanting thick girls (e.g. Big booty + boobs) that aren't overweight?
Would you be fine dating a smoker, alcoholic, someone that does drugs, etc?
Would you be fine dating a religious person? E.g. If you are a Christian would it be a deal breaker if your partner wasn't and if you are an atheist would it be a deal breaker if your partner wasn't?
Ethnicity? Are you attracted to people from all over or is it only a certain ethnicity that you are to? E.g. Are you attracted to all ethnicities and races or do
Age only as in how much years older and younger than you max would you be prepared to date?
Hair colour and eye colour? I've heard of a couple of guys for example that only date blondes.
Also for things like religion - for those of you that are waiting until marriage for sex would it be a dealbreaker if a person was prepared to wait for marriage for sex if they've already had sex before?
Speaking of that too, what bodycount would be a dealbreaker for you? E.g. Other than the fact some virgins are waiting till marriage so their dealbreaker in most cases will be a partner that's already had sex, there are some guys and girls (especially guys) that have a dealbreaker if their partner has a really high body count

I'm interested to see the replies. Should be some really diverse answers.

Scroll to see replies

I have a weird thing for upturned lip corners...
Mine are arbitrary
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Anything else? Would you be fine with smokers, drug dealers, etc or nah? Would you be fine if she's very religious and doesn't want sex before marriage? Or if she's like 6 or 7 inches taller?
height : 5'8+ as i wanna wear my heels without being taller
weight: slim - but i need to become slimmer as well, my aim is to have some tone and find a guy or girl that has a reasonable weight as being overweight is risky for their health esp for the future
body type: i'm more of an abs person than a guy with muscles idk why. most girls r mostly into muscles and that but idk why but i don't rlly care much about body shape as much, as long as they have a healthy weight. but abs is a bonus😌...
yes i'd be fine dating a religious person, i'm a catholic as i had my holy communion but i'm not that religious anymore. i didn't even swear until last year🤣. i don't mind if he follows a different religion.
never dating someone that takes drugs, smokes or gets drunk all the time - i don't mind drinking but not getting drunk
it's a waste of time.
i am attracted to mostly all races... people's ethnicity/race doesn't bother me as such.
16 as the youngest, 20 as the oldest.
brown eyes is gorgeous to me, ik it's popular but it's beautiful to me as my household all have blue eyes so blue eyes aren't that unique to me.
i am waiting for marriage, as i have learnt you can express love in other ways, i have found that most people that have sex just end up being used for sex and not for who they are.
by expressing love i mean, in a emotional way and deepening the love and making the love stronger. i'm excited for that part😌 to make someone feel loved and feel loved, myself.
i like dark hair as well and curly is cute tbf🥰
their bodycount would have to be 0 for me. i wanna do it for the first time with them🥺.
not only that i want a guy, who can stay with me, even when i'm not in the best of moods as i have mood swings regularly, which i'm managing at the moment, i want someone who can accept myself and acknowledge that i'm not always going to be perfect, i will always try my best in a relationship with the person i truly love, (i'm crying whilst writing oml😭) but the person needs to be respectful, needs to be a father figure for kids and i want my kids to have the best fricking life!!!! i want them to enjoy their life and have one of the best parents on earth. they're going to get everything they need, especially love and affection ☺️... i want a guy who is smart, intelligent, strong, sweet, humorous and caring.... i want a guy who can be there all the time, be patient and be my best friend
i want the person to be mature and not some idiot and i want him to take life seriously at times. i want him to make sure he can encourage kind behaviour for the kids as i don't want them becoming bullies or anything like that as i find it unacceptable. my kids won't be going to a rough school and i will be looking at the schools to make sure there aren't any scum bags... don't want them affecting my kids thank you.
i want my kids to be involved with normal people (no druggies etc)
you just know when it's love, that's all i'm saying!!!
you just know when it feels right and real.
😘😘😘😊😊😊 don't rush anything!!!!!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by gracieee16
weight: slim - but i need to become slimmer as well, my aim is to have some tone and find a guy or girl that has a reasonable weight as being overweight is risky for their health esp for the future
body type: i'm more of an abs person than a guy with muscles idk why. most girls r mostly into muscles and that but idk why but i don't rlly care much about body shape as much, as long as they have a healthy weight. but abs is a bonus😌...
yes i'd be fine dating a religious person, i'm a catholic as i had my holy communion but i'm not that religious anymore. i didn't even swear until last year🤣. i don't mind if he follows a different religion.
never dating someone that takes drugs, smokes or gets drunk all the time - i don't mind drinking but not getting drunk
it's a waste of time.
i am attracted to mostly all races... people's ethnicity/race doesn't bother me as such.
brown eyes is gorgeous to me, ik it's popular but it's beautiful to me as my household all have blue eyes so blue eyes aren't that unique to me.
i am waiting for marriage, as i have learnt you can express love in other ways, i have found that most people that have sex just end up being used for sex and not for who they are.
by expressing love i mean, in a emotional way and deepening the love and making the love stronger. i'm excited for that part😌 to make someone feel loved and feel loved, myself.
their bodycount would have to be 0 for me. i wanna do it for the first time with them🥺.
not only that i want a guy, who can stay with me, even when i'm not in the best of moods as i have mood swings regularly, which i'm managing at the moment, i want someone who can accept myself and acknowledge that i'm not always going to be perfect, i will always try my best in a relationship with the person i truly love, (i'm crying whilst writing oml😭) but the person needs to be respectful, needs to be a father figure for kids and i want my kids to have the best fricking life!!!! i want them to enjoy their life and have one of the best parents on earth. they're going to get everything they need, especially love and affection ☺️... i want a guy who is smart, intelligent, strong, sweet, humorous and caring.... i want a guy who can be there all the time, be patient and be my best friend

bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
did you copy pasted it or actually wrote it. lol
Original post by Anonymous
So for example:
Any height that's too tall/short? For example I doubt girls are gonna want a guy thats shorter or guys will want a girl that's taller but also I doubt a girl that's 5'0 is gonna want a guy that's like 6'4 or something.
Weight? Are you fine with any weight or if they are a certain level of under/overweight you wouldn't wanna date them?
Body type? Girls are you wanting only guys with muscular bodies and guys are you only wanting thick girls (e.g. Big booty + boobs) that aren't overweight?
Would you be fine dating a religious person? E.g. If you are a Christian would it be a deal breaker if your partner wasn't and if you are an atheist would it be a deal breaker if your partner wasn't?
Ethnicity? Are you attracted to people from all over or is it only a certain ethnicity that you are to? E.g. Are you attracted to all ethnicities and races or do
Age only as in how much years older and younger than you max would you be prepared to date?
Hair colour and eye colour? I've heard of a couple of guys for example that only date blondes.
Also for things like religion - for those of you that are waiting until marriage for sex would it be a dealbreaker if a person was prepared to wait for marriage for sex if they've already had sex before?
Speaking of that too, what bodycount would be a dealbreaker for you? E.g. Other than the fact some virgins are waiting till marriage so their dealbreaker in most cases will be a partner that's already had sex, there are some guys and girls (especially guys) that have a dealbreaker if their partner has a really high body count

Heights too short : 4'11> height. Nah a 5'0'' girl and 6'4'' guy is fine... short girls like tall guys and vice versa in general.
I don't like thick girls personally. I like big breasts but not too big, and I do not care about the bottom at all.
I wouldn't date a smoker, alcoholic, or drug user.
It would be a dealbreaker for me if my prospective partner were an atheist, but I don't care as long as they are a monotheist.
Nah, I'm not attracted to all ethnicites/races.
Hair, prefer black. Eyes, prefer brown. I don't care though... and would be willing to date those who do not fit this.
I would prefer a virgin as a Muslim... I don't have a particular numerical limit for body count, but I wouldn't be with a female who has had sex with many men.
Original post by JAckieee.chan
bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
did you copy pasted it or actually wrote it. lol

actually wrote it🤣... it's kinda bad 😭
If his mom is the type to think that once we start dating then I must take her role and start attending to the man baby - clean up after him and such.
Original post by hungrysalamander
You really bothered to type all that out:colonhash:

oh yes definitely...
Original post by Anonymous
So for example:

Only dealbreaker is having less green gems on TSR than me.
it's a waste of time.
i want the person to be mature and not some idiot and i want him to take life seriously at times. i want him to make sure he can encourage kind behaviour for the kids as i don't want them becoming bullies or anything like that as i find it unacceptable. my kids won't be going to a rough school and i will be looking at the schools to make sure there aren't any scum bags... don't want them affecting my kids thank you.
i want my kids to be involved with normal people (no druggies etc)

No idea what it says because my attention span is non-existent but PRSOM for the dedication for writing all that out.
girls who study psychology and lies.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 0ptics
No idea what it says because my attention span is non-existent but PRSOM for the dedication for writing all that out.

hah don't blame u. thank you though!

its good actually. :u: and there are lot of guys who fits your preference. you'll find soulmate easilyy.
girls who study psychology and lies.

Why do I have a feeling that this is linked to a specific person? :rofl:
Original post by hungrysalamander
Mine are arbitrary

ok since you people are taking it seriously I guess I will too

Height: 5'3 - 5'10
Weight: not overweight
Body type: as above. Also no tattoos.
smoker, alcoholic, someone that does drugs: absolutely not
Religion: don't care as long as she respects mine
Ethnicity: :iiam:. I'll keep that to myself.
Hair and eye: no colour preference ask long as it's a natural hair colour but I do like long hair.
Waiting for marriage when they aren't a virgin: No because it seems hypocritical.
Body count: less than 10
Personality: intelligence, good sense of humour, can tolerate my sarcasm, not SJW, likes animals, shares interests.
(edited 2 years ago)
its good actually. :u: and there are lot of guys who fits your preference. you'll find soulmate easilyy.

thank youuu! i really hope so:smile:... i hope you find yours! u seem sweet! 😊
i like when they play hard to get lol then you get them and they move closer

It's good enough for me x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending