The Student Room Group

King's College London A102 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

ahh okayy - thanks for letting me know @medicphd and @hope4medic10 :smile:
hope we hear back soon!
Reply 61
Yes, the wait is excruciating! Fingers crossed we will all know soon...
Reply 62
Original post by Keeperoflegends
I just got a rejection, with an odd reason of "your qualifications are not acceptable for direct entry to this programme". But I am doing a sports medical science degree (more than two-thirds is bioscience as required, actually basically my entire degree is bioscience) in the UK predicting a first. As they are not looking at GCSE and A-Levels, this would be the only qualification they are looking at and I do not understand why it is not acceptable, if they have actually looked at my list of modules given on UCAS.

Imma appeal to the head of school and see what they say (I'm surprised they actually have such procedure). My experience with the KCL admission team has been awful so far, and I've heard they have sent people the wrong response in previous years so I'm hoping it is just a mistake.

Sorry to hear this, I hope they will look into your appeal! Their admission system seems to be quite complex from what I read here... Keeping fingers crossed for you!

Has anyone else had a rejection back? Or any more invites? And of those of you with an interview offer, when is your interview scheduled?
Original post by EekPee
Sorry to hear this, I hope they will look into your appeal! Their admission system seems to be quite complex from what I read here... Keeping fingers crossed for you!

Has anyone else had a rejection back? Or any more invites? And of those of you with an interview offer, when is your interview scheduled?

Interview's are 13th Jan.
Reply 64
Original post by medicphd
Interview's are 13th Jan.

Thank you!
Reply 65
Guys how did you get a kings apply portal account in the first place? I never received any correspondence from kings after applying via UCAS... Should I contact admissions?
Original post by anony13
Guys how did you get a kings apply portal account in the first place? I never received any correspondence from kings after applying via UCAS... Should I contact admissions?

I applied for an undergrad course years ago so I used the same login details I had for that. I didn't receive any emails from them after I submitted my application.

I don't think it should make much difference, you'd still receive any update emails from them but I'd email admissions to ask just incase.
Reply 67
Original post by anony13

i never got mine either so i contacted them & they gave me the details so yeah contact them
Reply 68
Original post by bbuuzz
i never got mine either so i contacted them & they gave me the details so yeah contact them

Thanks both!
VIa Kings Apply Portal:

Me:
Hello! I was just wondering about a102 GEM interviews - some people have heard back so does that mean those who haven't have been rejected? (unless called up at last minute in instances of cancellation) or will there be another wave of interview invites

Advisor:
There will be another wave of interviews, the Admissions team will let you know as soon as possible.
Original post by hope4medic10
VIa Kings Apply Portal:

Me:
Hello! I was just wondering about a102 GEM interviews - some people have heard back so does that mean those who haven't have been rejected? (unless called up at last minute in instances of cancellation) or will there be another wave of interview invites

Advisor:
There will be another wave of interviews, the Admissions team will let you know as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for this info.
Reply 71
Good luck to everyone who has their interview today!
Good luck today guys
good luck guys! :smile:
Hi, could someone let me know how many days in advance Kings let you know about the interview date, as I am unsure whether I should start preparing for the interview or not. I have not heard anything from them yet :frown: Fingers crossed,
How did everyone else find the interview?
Reply 76
Original post by Clutch_BGP
How did everyone else find the interview?

absolutely awful lol, I was rambling so much and kept forgetting what the question was while i was talking
Original post by roseugh
absolutely awful lol, I was rambling so much and kept forgetting what the question was while i was talking

Ah man, did you feel even though you rambled you were able to answer the question? Like did you find them difficult or average ?
Reply 78
Original post by Clutch_BGP
Ah man, did you feel even though you rambled you were able to answer the question? Like did you find them difficult or average ?

sometimes yes and sometimes no. I feel like i finished too early and then made things worst by going 'oh, i can't really think of anything else.... i know there's more but ermmmm'
Would have thought that with this being GEM people* would be more mature and understand that these questions can't be asked. Clearly not. So here's a repost from another thread:

Remember not to ask about interview specifics (e.g. "what questions were asked in your interview" is definitely an interview specific).

Even asking can get you in trouble, especially if you use parts of your name / you have posted your UCAT score, GCSEs etc. it could be traced back to you.

Don't put other people in a difficult situation / dilemma, answering could get you into even more trouble!

Just a guide:
- if the med school has told you if ____ is in the interview on their website / invite email then you don't need to ask
- if the med school has not told you then you are not supposed to know and you can't ask!

This rule is in place to protect you, people have had their offers withdrawn in the past for this - so please bear in mind and be careful.

Finally, if your post has been binned and you have been given a warning - don't just post it again. We don't bin posts for fun.

*Does not apply to the vast majority of posters in this thread. Almost everyone else has been very good in this thread, kind and mature.

P.S. If you have already had your interview, :goodluck: and make sure you don't say what was in your interview!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending