The Student Room Group

🟠 parmezanne's wellness blog 2022 🟠

hiya, welcome! :tongue:

In 2021, I gave monthly updates about my wellness. Click here to see that blog. This blog is about my 2022 wellness.

parmezanne's mindfulness blog notes:

•

This blog is about my journey through the year. 2021 involved a LOT of personal growth. A lot of this came from the Jan-Apr lockdown. I had time to really consider what I needed and who I was. I feel the strongest I ever have now, I am so much more aware, and have a lot more intention. This year, I only want to do even better.

•

My overarching theme of 2022 is balance, but as with 2021, I will have a different theme per month: january is starting strong with time management, february is decrease phone time, march is balance, april is reply slower, may is having more productive with my free time, june is holding onto my autonomy, july is not beating myself up over things I don't know yet, august is acknowledging my toughness, september is being openminded, october is reading two books, november is saving, december is disengaging with negativity

please let me know if you wish to be added / removed to the tag list!

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

2022 Welcome

Hi everyone! Welcome to my new blog. I made one last year which actually won ( :colondollar: ) so it gave me the motivation to do another this year! If you haven't yet made one, I cannot encourage you enough. It's fascinating to be able to look back to a digital diary and see how you felt throughout the year (something you'll forget, come December). It's great to keep you in check and remind you of your goals. So go go make one! (And tag me in them!)
(edited 2 years ago)
PRSOM! Following :biggrin: please add me to the tag list :love:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
PRSOM! Following :biggrin: please add me to the tag list :love:

Absolutely will! :hugs:
I didn't know you'd won! :gah: Well deserved :king1:

Tag me please :h:
Original post by parmezanne

hiya, welcome! :tongue:

In 2021, I gave monthly updates about my wellness. Click here to see that blog. This blog is about my 2022 wellness.

parmezanne's mindfulness blog notes:

•

This blog is about my journey through the year. 2021 involved a LOT of personal growth. A lot of this came from the Jan-Apr lockdown. I had time to really consider what I needed and who I was. I feel the strongest I ever have now, I am so much more aware, and have a lot more intention. This year, I only want to do even better.

•

As with 2021, I will have a different theme per month: january is starting strong with time management

please let me know if you wish to be added / removed to the tag list!

Omg hey! Deffo following :biggrin: Can I be tagged pls? :colondollar:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I didn't know you'd won! :gah: Well deserved :king1:

Tag me please :h:

Ahh thank you it's very cool! And of course :hugs: are you doing a blog this year?

Original post by AestheticStudying
Omg hey! Deffo following :biggrin: Can I be tagged pls? :colondollar:

Thank you! And of course! Do you have one you can add me too also? :smile:
January goal

This month's theme is time management and starting strong with good work ethic and getting things done! I have been doing good at this already - I have ticked a bunch of things off my list INCLUDING booking a doctor's appointment (personal health reasons :smile: ) which is self-care and recognising I need to pay attention if something's off. So I'm proud of myself for doing that; it's later today and I'm a little nervous but I know it's the right thing to do :yep:

It's only been 2 days back at university but I have already got some work done for the week ahead. I also have been finding solutions to little problems I've been encountering (e.g. having FIVE modules this term - there's no way I can do that!) and applying for an AISP instead (basically a two week intensive module in May when I am free which takes one away from this term). So hopefully that will relieve me a little bit. I also extended my essay deadline for a 3000 word really impossible essay so I have a bit more time to breathe, so I'm happy I did that too.

I believe that finding solutions to your problems can often be an intimidating thing - you don't want to actually face up to them, you hope they'll just go away on their own, but 2022 is the year to start facing up to them. Take matters into your own hands and find good solutions that will provide instant relief, instead of just hoping.

I hope your day goes well and you face up to any problems you encounter! Bon courage!

tags:
@BurstingBubbles
@The_Lonely_Goatherd
@AestheticStudying
Thank you! And of course! Do you have one you can add me too also? :smile:

Aw nws and ty! :hugs: Yep! I do have one and I'll go add u to it right away :biggrin:
Hope the dr's appointment went well, well done for making it in the first place! I still tend to get my mum to ring up and make mine for me :colondollar:

5 modules, holy moly! :eek3: Well done for troubleshooting all this! :rave:

Ahh thank you it's very cool! And of course :hugs: are you doing a blog this year?

Persephone wants to have a wellbeing blog but we're (P and I) are not sure whether there'd be too much overlap with my mindfulness blog, and/or Persephone's blog in the Creative Corner :dontknow: :iiam: :beard:
Original post by AestheticStudying
Aw nws and ty! :hugs: Yep! I do have one and I'll go add u to it right away :biggrin:

Amazing news! Can't wait to have a snoop :tongue:
Hope the dr's appointment went well, well done for making it in the first place! I still tend to get my mum to ring up and make mine for me :colondollar:

5 modules, holy moly! :eek3: Well done for troubleshooting all this! :rave:

Persephone wants to have a wellbeing blog but we're (P and I) are not sure whether there'd be too much overlap with my mindfulness blog, and/or Persephone's blog in the Creative Corner :dontknow: :iiam: :beard:

Thank you - I'm proud of tackling these things head on! Tomorrow's task is to crack down on that essay and get a first draft done and over with. I cannot push it aside any longer!

Obviously the doctors office is never fun but it was necessary to put my health as a priority and get treatment in order! And that's so funny, I did hear that this is an adult thing :lol: I believe my parents make my dentist appointments :lol:

Wait wait - am I tagged in the mindfulness blog? Can I please! :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Amazing news! Can't wait to have a snoop :tongue:

Thank you - I'm proud of tackling these things head on! Tomorrow's task is to crack down on that essay and get a first draft done and over with. I cannot push it aside any longer!

Obviously the doctors office is never fun but it was necessary to put my health as a priority and get treatment in order! And that's so funny, I did hear that this is an adult thing :lol: I believe my parents make my dentist appointments :lol:

Wait wait - am I tagged in the mindfulness blog? Can I please! :smile:

You can do it: I believe in you! :yep: :rave: :cool:

Ah I don't have a taglist for my mindfulness one but I'll go tag you in it just the once, so you can find it :colondollar:
January update 02

Lately life has been going pretty well. I received the simple medication I needed to resolve the medical issue I was having, I was organised all week with having my reading done, and I made time for myself to make sure I go to bed early and seeing my friends. So all in all, a good balance of things.

However, there are some specific things I want to work on from now on. For example, I might wake up at 7.45/8, but I won't get out of bed until 8.45 ish. I want to knock that back to 8, so that I have 15 minutes in bed in the morning. I also want to stop having my phone be the first thing I look at - I did that a while back in Feb-April last year and it really helped me have a good start to the day! :yep:

I also want to GET THIS ESSAY DONE. Today is the day, I have all this time available, I want to use it and properly get an entire first draft done and dusted - because that's the hard part! Editing it and finding references is far easier for me, so right now I just need to get words onto a page. That's my plan for today. Tomorrow I will do all my reading for the next week's seminars.

I like my seminars and my tutors, so that's great news! And I have been doing suprisingly okay at doing heart-raising exercise every day; I have some of my seminars in this new building and there are 6 hefty floors. I refuse to take the lift :angry: which makes me breathless with a mask on especially but it's the exercise I promised myself I'd do :lol: I also started reading some of the Bible the other week and so far I'm enjoying it! I'm upping my fashion game, added a new product to my skincare routine (vitamin c serum, I refuse to age) and am walking more so, on reflection, I'm doing okay.

I'm manifesting productivity today. I'll let yous know how I get on. Time to lock off phone and get to work :work:

tag list

@BurstingBubbles
@The_Lonely_Goatherd
@AestheticStudying
(edited 2 years ago)
January update 02

Lately life has been going pretty well. I received the simple medication I needed to resolve the medical issue I was having, I was organised all week with having my reading done, and I made time for myself to make sure I go to bed early and seeing my friends. So all in all, a good balance of things.

However, there are some specific things I want to work on from now on. For example, I might wake up at 7.45/8, but I won't get out of bed until 8.45 ish. I want to knock that back to 8, so that I have 15 minutes in bed in the morning. I also want to stop having my phone be the first thing I look at - I did that a while back in Feb-April last year and it really helped me have a good start to the day! :yep:

I also want to GET THIS ESSAY DONE. Today is the day, I have all this time available, I want to use it and properly get an entire first draft done and dusted - because that's the hard part! Editing it and finding references is far easier for me, so right now I just need to get words onto a page. That's my plan for today. Tomorrow I will do all my reading for the next week's seminars.

I like my seminars and my tutors, so that's great news! And I have been doing suprisingly okay at doing heart-raising exercise every day; I have some of my seminars in this new building and there are 6 hefty floors. I refuse to take the lift :angry: which makes me breathless with a mask on especially but it's the exercise I promised myself I'd do :lol: I also started reading some of the Bible the other week and so far I'm enjoying it! I'm upping my fashion game, added a new product to my skincare routine (vitamin c serum, I refuse to age) and am walking more so, on reflection, I'm doing okay.

I'm manifesting productivity today. I'll let yous know how I get on. Time to lock off phone and get to work :work:

tag list

@BurstingBubbles
@The_Lonely_Goatherd
@AestheticStudying

Wow brilliant stuff, well done!

Good idea about trying to get up that bit earlier. I've been awful for staying in bed longer if I can, I think it's because it's been so cold and bed is warm :tongue:

Best of luck with getting the essay done - you can do it! :dumbells: let us know how you get on with it!

Great that you're taking the stairs, it's a relatively simple thing which can make a real difference and improvement to your health :yep:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Wow brilliant stuff, well done!

Good idea about trying to get up that bit earlier. I've been awful for staying in bed longer if I can, I think it's because it's been so cold and bed is warm :tongue:

Best of luck with getting the essay done - you can do it! :dumbells: let us know how you get on with it!

Great that you're taking the stairs, it's a relatively simple thing which can make a real difference and improvement to your health :yep:

Oh it's definitely because it's cold, there isn't a doubt about it :lol: our house is particularly cold because it doesn't keep the heat in very well. :redface:

So far it's going well, I am nearly finished with the second and final piece of reading I had to re-read before continuing to write the essay (it's a comparison between two pieces so I thought it was most logical place to start!). Want to keep up the motivation! I can do it, thank you for the support :dumbells:

And for sure! Though hard in a mask :redface:
Wow, that's dedication with those stairs :eek3:

Oooh Bible :colone: Which bit are you reading? :hmmm:

Good luck with the essay: you can do this :woo:
Wow, that's dedication with those stairs :eek3:

Oooh Bible :colone: Which bit are you reading? :hmmm:

Good luck with the essay: you can do this :woo:

Yes, too much perhaps :cry2:

I have started from the beginning! Tis the word and it's with God don't you know.... :lol: I don't really know the Bible at all so might as well work my way through front to back! I plan on also making some notes and highlighting my favourite bits :yep:

And thank you! I have done the reading and got so much out of it which was helpful. I edited my plan, re-thought out my two points and now I'm cracking down on it, already done another 200 words. 1500 left, lets gooooo! :yep:
Yes, too much perhaps :cry2:

I have started from the beginning! Tis the word and it's with God don't you know.... :lol: I don't really know the Bible at all so might as well work my way through front to back! I plan on also making some notes and highlighting my favourite bits :yep:

And thank you! I have done the reading and got so much out of it which was helpful. I edited my plan, re-thought out my two points and now I'm cracking down on it, already done another 200 words. 1500 left, lets gooooo! :yep:

The beginning is "a very good place to start" :yep: :ahee: :getmecoat:

Spoiler

On a more serious note: Genesis is the only book of the Bible I've read from start to end :five: Have you got one of those journalling Bibles with big margins that you can write stuff with? Some people use it for doodling too :ninja: Highlighting sounds like a good plan though :colone:

You're doing great! Glad the reading helped. You can do this :woo:
The beginning is "a very good place to start" :yep: :ahee: :getmecoat:

Spoiler

On a more serious note: Genesis is the only book of the Bible I've read from start to end :five: Have you got one of those journalling Bibles with big margins that you can write stuff with? Some people use it for doodling too :ninja: Highlighting sounds like a good plan though :colone:

You're doing great! Glad the reading helped. You can do this :woo:

Heheheh yes I got the reference :lol:

And no I don't! But I do have a handy dandy year journal with some space to write things so alongside writing some notes from what happened in the week and what I'm grateful for, I'll put in some good quotes :yep:

I am 1500 words in. Now to edit + add and get to that holy number of 2700 :cry2: what's on your todo list today?
(edited 2 years ago)
Heheheh yes I got the reference :lol:

And no I don't! But I do have a handy dandy year journal with some space to write things so alongside writing some notes from what happened in the week and what I'm grateful for, I'll put in some good quotes :yep:

I am 1500 words in. Now to edit + add and get to that holy number of 2700 :cry2: what's on your todo list today?

I'm glad you did, otherwise I'd have had to disown you :reaper: :rip: :sadnod:

Ooooh yay for journal, that sounds awesome :h:

2,700 words, meep! :afraid: I barely managed 2000 words for most of my uni essays (though these were tutorial essays, so not formally counting towards my degree). It was frequently brought up in my progress review things that my essays were "on the short side" :teehee:

I'm Zooming one of my closest friends at 2pm, so am looking forward to that! My health has been rather bumpy this week, so might just have a relaxed day today tbh :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending