The Student Room Group

Thoughts on Lancaster Girls Grammar?

I have applied to Lancaster Girls Grammar School's sixth form as, well, I just think it's a really good school and is more likely to get me into a Russel Group uni. However, Lancaster is a fair treck from where I live (it's about an hour on the train to get there). If anyone currently goes/has gone there, is it worth it do you think?
Original post by I'mnotginger
I have applied to Lancaster Girls Grammar School's sixth form as, well, I just think it's a really good school and is more likely to get me into a Russel Group uni. However, Lancaster is a fair treck from where I live (it's about an hour on the train to get there). If anyone currently goes/has gone there, is it worth it do you think?

An hour+ one leg trip to school, that’s mad. Id think just using the travel time to put towards your studies/revision at home.

Id also say picking universities to target is best when you look more broadly at what you want from a university rather then simply Russell Group membership (the Russell Group is lobby group for research funding, generally not seen as directly related to undergraduate studies).
Original post by mnot
An hour+ one leg trip to school, that’s mad. Id think just using the travel time to put towards your studies/revision at home.

Id also say picking universities to target is best when you look more broadly at what you want from a university rather then simply Russell Group membership (the Russell Group is lobby group for research funding, generally not seen as directly related to undergraduate studies).

Ik that Russel Group are research hubs lol- that's why I wanna go to one. I want to do linguistics and possibly become a linguistics academic researcher :smile: Either that or a speech and language therapist
Original post by I'mnotginger
Ik that Russel Group are research hubs lol- that's why I wanna go to one. I want to do linguistics and possibly become a linguistics academic researcher :smile: Either that or a speech and language therapist

Id say your better looking at universities with specific expertise in the field of linguistics rather then Russell Group membership, the state of UK macro-research funding does not necessarily correlate at faculty/field level at a specific institution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending