The Student Room Group

ww

ww
(edited 2 years ago)
On being asked about things on the reference, I can't comment on how common this is but in principle, yes. I was asked about something that was only mentioned in my reference in one of my interviews.
Reply 2
Original post by bruh15
Also, another question. Is it bad to bring up a controversial topic in an interview if it directly linked to the profession and was recent and important in terms of news. I'm worried they may ask about my views on it which would lead to an opinionated answer.

Often for uni interviews they will ask you to complete a task before the interview and then the will ask you about a seiries of questions surrounding the profession and the task you completed. However when i done my uni interviews it is good to go over and write down your experiences you have that link bakc to the profession as you can then add these into your answers. They may ask you opinion on different topics too however would also depend on the proffession.
What subject are you applying for?
Original post by bruh15
Also, another question. Is it bad to bring up a controversial topic in an interview if it directly linked to the profession and was recent and important in terms of news. I'm worried they may ask about my views on it which would lead to an opinionated answer.

That depends on whether your "opinionated" answer can be constructed and defended in a critical, evidence based and academically rigorous manner. Simply attempting to shout the loudest won't hold much water and if it's mere supposition or if the assumptions are easily unpicked then it will probably make it seem that you have poor academic argument construction skills which most likely isn't a quality you want to demonstrate in an interview. Likewise if you refuse to consider alternative perspectives or adapt your argument in view of new information that is probably a nail in the coffin...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending