The Student Room Group

Do you write your exams in cursive or print?

Poll

Do you write your exams in cursive or print?

Just curious. I've tried both but cursive seems a bit slower, and also less legible towards the end of the exam.
Reply 1
i used to write strictly in cursive but started forcing myself to write non-joined up because it was neater - never went back! 0:
i write in cursive i think it's quicker because you don't have to stop between each letter - it just flows.
Reply 3
Cursive because it just flows better and it’s much faster.
Original post by baloneygirl
i write in cursive i think it's quicker because you don't have to stop between each letter - it just flows.

Same :smile:
Though it's hard to keep it neat and legible...
(edited 2 years ago)
Print.
My primary school forced everyone to use cursive. As soon as I left I realised that I no longer need to use it. I switched and never returned to that terrible form of handwriting.
I've never understood how printing can possibly be faster than cursive - there are all those extra movements to keep the pen going up and down off and on the paper.

Speed and legibility is largely practice. I found some of my old school exercise books recently and it's scary how much worse my writing is now that I basically never have to handwrite so that anyone else can read it. Everything I do these days that's for anyone else to read is typed.
Original post by Il1L
Same :smile:
Though it's hard to keep it neat and legible...

Same here, if I write too quickly it starts to look like the ribbon in rhythmic gymnastics. :smile:
Always opt for legibility over speed. No point in writing 3 more sentences if it turns out the marker can’t find the mark earning points in half the preceding 20 sentences.

I would always recommend only writing on every other line as well (especially for long answers). Improves legibility and gives you the space to add in an extra point/sentence at the appropriate point if you spot something you missed when reading through your answers.

Quick Reply

Latest