The Student Room Group

Can I go through clearing if I my offer is still in conditional status?

I am an international student. If my offer is still in conditional status, can I continue to apply for clearing on 5th July with no Clearing ID?
(edited 1 year ago)
You cannot enter Clearing unless you have your exam results.
Therefore your Firm Uni will have made a decision.
Thats the point of Ckearing - its for those who get rejected because of their poor results and have to look for another Uni at the last minute.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
You cannot enter Clearing unless you have your exam results.
Therefore your Firm Uni will have made a decision.
Thats the point of Ckearing - its for those who get rejected because of their poor results and have to look for another Uni at the last minute

Actually, I studied foundation year in the UK during 2021-2022 and right now I only got one conditional offer (it became the firm choice). I got my final exam results already as well. I have sent the results to the university but the application is still waiting for confirmation. However, the course at that university is not the main subject that I want to study, so I am just thinking about should I try clearing or should I transfer to other universities after year 1.
Original post by W.Adaa.C
Actually, I studied foundation year in the UK during 2021-2022 and right now I only got one conditional offer (it became the firm choice). I got my final exam results already as well. I have sent the results to the university but the application is still waiting for confirmation. However, the course at that university is not the main subject that I want to study, so I am just thinking about should I try clearing or should I transfer to other universities after year 1.

To enter Clearing you would have to decline your existing offer - without knowing if they would have accepted you.
And although Clearing opens in July, it will only be for a few hard-to-fill courses - main Clearing doent start until Results Day because only then wil Unis know what spaces thay have on all courses. Its therefore snsible to wait until Results Day before you make a decision about this.

And btw, never - ever - start a degree course you know you dont want to do. Transfers to another Uni are not straightforward and you could get stuck doing the entire degree at the initial Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending