The Student Room Group

Uni exams

Hi for exams is extra reading required or are questions only based on what the lecturer teaches?
Hi, what course are you doing and what year are you in? Typically, first year exams will focus on lecture content while third year exams will require extra reading to discuss content and form strong arguments but again, if you tell us the course we could give more specific advice
Original post by knksj112
Hi, what course are you doing and what year are you in? Typically, first year exams will focus on lecture content while third year exams will require extra reading to discuss content and form strong arguments but again, if you tell us the course we could give more specific advice

Business management
Original post by Anonymous
Hi for exams is extra reading required or are questions only based on what the lecturer teaches?

HI!

From what I remember from my first year exams is that you are mainly tested on what the lecturer has taught you. You might be required to do a small amount of extra reading, like examples or case studies, but it won't be much. You'll be expected to do more in your second and third year exams.

I hope this helps!
Best of luck
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
You should only be tested on what you have been taught, so make sure you revise the content. You may get higher marks for pulling in information that you weren't taught, so if you want to go for top marks, extra reading can be helpful. Check out your reading list for the module, and if your lecturer mentions a model etc research it, you may be able to use it in your exam.

- Rosie
all of my exams for all 3 years were from the notes, however I recommend doing practice problems outside of your notes too, work through all the worksheet questions they give you, these will be the closest questions to your exams. it may be worth looking at other sources too though if there is some content you're struggling to understand from your notes (this will be expected in third year, at least for me)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending