The Student Room Group

period timings

does anyone know how to change the date you get your period without using pills? it's meant to come in the middle of august but i can't have it come on that day as i'm going to be away. so is there any way to make it come earlier or later than that date? i'm open to all suggestions
Original post by Anonymous
does anyone know how to change the date you get your period without using pills? it's meant to come in the middle of august but i can't have it come on that day as i'm going to be away. so is there any way to make it come earlier or later than that date? i'm open to all suggestions

Not everyday is a good day. And that's just life and how it has to be.
And making yourself miss your period comes with lots of unhealthy strategies.
Do not do it.
For the sake of your health.

Pills also wouldnt do anything.

How can I change my period date without taking the pill....
Postpone periods: Ways to delay your periods without popping...
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Using gram lentils
Gelatin
Lime juice
Mustard seeds.

Whether or not these will work for you is the question. It's something that medical professions won't probably recommend to anyone due to perhaps long term complications for your health.

Perhaps talking to your GP will be more helpful to you.

There's other options apart from the pill that you can discuss with your GP with.

Unfortunately your periods won't stop just because you going on holidays and I would suggest that you actually take your pill while away just for you own protection as well as if you were getting up to no good with anyone while away.

www.nhs.uk
https://www.nhs.uk travel-health
How can I delay my period? - NHS
The only way without medication is to get pregnant, I would have thought...
Original post by black tea
The only way without medication is to get pregnant, I would have thought...

Well... extreme diet changes in all extreme directions, an extreme lack of water, getting pregnant. Are the ways I know how to "prevent" my period. DO NOT DO IT. THAT IS UNHEALTHY. I CAN NOT STRESS IT ENOUGH ALONG WITH JUST TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF TO PREVENT ANY PAIN.
Ahh I meet lots of girls online that want to stop their periods and I just get so frustrated why they cant understand that it's going to happen weather you like it or not. Ahh
Original post by Spiced0tea insta
Not everyday is a good day. And that's just life and how it has to be.
And making yourself miss your period comes with lots of unhealthy strategies.
Do not do it.
For the sake of your health.

Pills also wouldnt do anything.

ok, it's just that it comes on the day 1 of my week long holiday, and for 3 days i get really bad cramps. also i don't want to put a tampon in and i love swimming so that's why i was so desperate haha
also i don't want to miss my period, i'm just looking to slightly delay it by a few days. i definitely don't want to do anything unhealthy to my body because that would be even worse
Original post by Allyson2020
How can I change my period date without taking the pill....
Postpone periods: Ways to delay your periods without popping...
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Using gram lentils
Gelatin
Lime juice
Mustard seeds.

Whether or not these will work for you is the question. It's something that medical professions won't probably recommend to anyone due to perhaps long term complications for your health.

Perhaps talking to your GP will be more helpful to you.

There's other options apart from the pill that you can discuss with your GP with.

Unfortunately your periods won't stop just because you going on holidays and I would suggest that you actually take your pill while away just for you own protection as well as if you were getting up to no good with anyone while away.

www.nhs.uk
https://www.nhs.uk travel-health
How can I delay my period? - NHS

thank youuu
but i can't take the pill as i'm 15. trust me i'm not gonna have sex with anyone haha
i just want a safe natural way to delay my period for a few days so i think the food tips might work :smile:
Well... extreme diet changes in all extreme directions, an extreme lack of water, getting pregnant. Are the ways I know how to "prevent" my period. DO NOT DO IT. THAT IS UNHEALTHY. I CAN NOT STRESS IT ENOUGH ALONG WITH JUST TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF TO PREVENT ANY PAIN.
Ahh I meet lots of girls online that want to stop their periods and I just get so frustrated why they cant understand that it's going to happen weather you like it or not. Ahh

yeah i know haha
obviously i'm not going to go to any extremes and i do want to keep looking after my body so i'm not going to change my diet extremely
also as i said before i don't want to stop my period. no way. i just want to slightly shift the days that i have it so it doesn't coincide with most of my holiday
but thank you for caring :smile:
Well... extreme diet changes in all extreme directions, an extreme lack of water

Yes, but not predictably (at least not for everyone)
thank youuu
but i can't take the pill as i'm 15. trust me i'm not gonna have sex with anyone haha
i just want a safe natural way to delay my period for a few days so i think the food tips might work :smile:

No worries 😊😊😊
I wasn't implementing that you were going to have sex but only giving you some points about things....
It's good that you are not going to do anything like that as sensible. 😌

Under certain circumstances you can get the pill.

Can you go on the pill at 15 UK....?
Contraception services are free and confidential, including for people under the age of 16. If you're under 16 and want contraception, the doctor, nurse or pharmacist won't tell your parents or carer, as long as they believe you fully understand the information you're given and the decisions you're making.

https://www.nhs.uk conditions
Where can I get contraception? - NHS
To be fair though you may find Period date varies. It went always be on the tenth of each month for example. Like i used to be towards the end if the month but lose track sometimes it's the middle and sometimes the beginning.
I can't offer advice on delaying it etc pass
Your doctor can prescribe a tablet called norethisterone that you start a few days before your period is due, to delay until after your holiday
thank youuu

The food tips aren't proven to work:

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-delay-period-naturally

Quick Reply

Latest