The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
Original post by TiramisuGoomba
My husband is coming as my guest :smile:

That's good! I'm living away from home at the moment so I won't be able to drag anyone with me ):
Original post by Woro
I've got the afternoon slot as well! Maybe I'll see you there (:
Good luck to you both as well! Are either of you bringing a 'guest' along? :tongue:

I think my Dad will be coming as he's driving me and would have to kill 4 hours otherwise! :smile:
Original post by Baarbs
Interview - Leeds Beckett 11th March 1pm!

Cor!

I've got mine at Leeds then too - I'm also a mature student, fingers crossed for the both of us. See you on 11th!
Original post by clarecurry1
I haven't heard anything from Cardiff yet either xx

Hope you hear from your other universities soon ! I'm studying at BCU this year and it's been amazing. Still remember when I first heard back from them ! It's exciting and scary at the same time. All the best !
-Rishma
Original post by rishmahansil
Hope you hear from your other universities soon ! I'm studying at BCU this year and it's been amazing. Still remember when I first heard back from them ! It's exciting and scary at the same time. All the best !
-Rishma

Glad you're enjoying it. Do you remember when BCU sent out the occupational health check and DBS forms last year?
Good luck to everyone attending interviews this week and waiting for decisions.
Has anyone actually been rejected from City yet? I'm guessing that's what I'm waiting for :frown:
Good luck to all those with interviews, fingers crossed there will be lots of positive news on here this week for all of those waiting to hear :smile:
Original post by Ree Marie
I've got mine at Leeds then too - I'm also a mature student, fingers crossed for the both of us. See you on 11th!

Ooh congratulations! I'm feeling really nervous...
Original post by Carolina Monica
Hi everyone! Another lurker here, I've applied to City, UEA, Reading, Leeds Beckett and Uni of Manchester and have got conditional offers from the first 3 and waiting to hear back after interviews from the last 2.

Was anyone at the Leeds Beckett interview on the 18th of Feb? If so hellooooo :smile: and did you all expect to love the uni so much? I thought it would be my least favourite but I've been completely won over!

Yeah i was totally the same! They really impressed me, made manchester unis and Sheffield look terrible. They should take some interview day tips from Leeds! Apart from the hour of nothing at the start it was a really nice interview day.
Original post by HowayGuapa
Yeah i was totally the same! They really impressed me, made manchester unis and Sheffield look terrible. They should take some interview day tips from Leeds! Apart from the hour of nothing at the start it was a really nice interview day.

That's interesting, what was so nice about Leeds? How were they different? I only went to Sheffield and quite liked the day too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clivia
That's interesting, what was so nice about Leeds? How were they different? I only went to Sheffield and quite liked the day too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably not relevant as I applied last year but I agree that Leeds was the best interview day that I attended - came out feeling excited by the course and the uni and the staff we met. On the other hand I found Sheffield the worst interview experience - so its horses for courses I suppose.
Original post by shropshirelass51
I only applied to BCU as it is the only Uni within traveling distance and even then it's going to take me well over an hour to get there. I applied in September, had an interview in December and got an offer a couple of weeks ago, so it seemed a long process. Anyway, hope your interview goes well, good luck to you

Thanks very much! Congratulations on your offer!! :smile:
Original post by Clivia

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just got a good vibe. There were a couple of tutors there and they were so friendly. Some students also did a presentation and they were really enthusiastic and happy with the course. They did a campus tour so you could actually see the resources unlike Sheffield who just said "we have lots of great resources but you can't see them today because they are busy". I guess it's just the impression I got from them was that it would be a lovely place to study. I actually would prefer to do the leeds undergrad than the postgrad at Sheffield now!
I've come to accept that Leeds are just waiting to reject me haha!
Original post by JordanC55

I don't want to accept it because everyone's saying how amazing Leeds are on here and it makes me want to cry!! I want Leeds even though they're taking the mess at replying.. And it's not looking even more unlikely!

Did you say they said all info will be given out by the end of feb though? That's like 5 more days of waiting for us...!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JordanC55

That's exactly how I feel about City london
I've just got an offer from sheffield!! Has anyone else heard back from them today?
Original post by bfarrar21
I've just got an offer from sheffield!! Has anyone else heard back from them today?

Well done!
Original post by Higlet
I don't want to accept it because everyone's saying how amazing Leeds are on here and it makes me want to cry!! I want Leeds even though they're taking the mess at replying.. And it's not looking even more unlikely!

Did you say they said all info will be given out by the end of feb though? That's like 5 more days of waiting for us...!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I harassed them again today and they said they have until the end of march to get their replies back - I just can't even cope!

I do find it annoying though as I'd like to see what all the hype is about!

Quick Reply

Latest