The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by madagascar
i'm doing access - we've been told we'll get grades in August once they've been moderated. But anyhow, regardless of when, as soon as we can prove our grades to the unis our places will be confirmed

Ahhh I see that's annoying - but I guess we will pretty much know what we've got on finishing the course (with the minor possibility of the grade changing, but I'm sure that's unlikely!)
A huge congrats to all those receiving offers lately, well done! To those with recent rejections, sorry to hear that, but onwards and upwards-it's not over yet!!!
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Ahhh I see that's annoying - but I guess we will pretty much know what we've got on finishing the course (with the minor possibility of the grade changing, but I'm sure that's unlikely!)

Have you been getting grades as you go? How are you doing so far?

Yeah we get told our marks as we go! Obviously they have potential to change with an outside invigilat

Yeah we get told our marks as we go! Obviously they have potential to change with an outside invigilator or whatever, but we have been told that is very rare! I've been getting distinctions so far...just hoping I keep it up!! What about you? Are you doing access to nursing/HCP?
Well done that's really good! How many credits do you have left to do? I still have 7 units to submit so 21 credits to go. No, I'm doing a science course, the nursing/hcp one sounds really good though
Well done that's really good! How many credits do you have left to do? I still have 7 units to submit so 21 credits to go. No, I'm doing a science course, the nursing/hcp one sounds really good though

Ahhh god that's not bad!!! You haven't a lot left to do, nearly there! :smile: I've got 9 units left to go - 1 unit holds 9 credits though...so that's 33 credits left? Feeling a bit disheartened at the moment because after ALL the work I've already done, there's still a mountain of it ahead :frown: do you not get told the grades as you go then? Yeah, it is good, I like the fact it has a lot of psychology/sociology and I'm learning about healthcare legislation which is really interesting!
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Ahhh god that's not bad!!! You haven't a lot left to do, nearly there! :smile: I've got 9 units left to go - 1 unit holds 9 credits though...so that's 33 credits left? Feeling a bit disheartened at the moment because after ALL the work I've already done, there's still a mountain of it ahead :frown: do you not get told the grades as you go then? Yeah, it is good, I like the fact it has a lot of psychology/sociology and I'm learning about healthcare legislation which is really interesting!

Yeah I know what you mean, it's a massive load of work! Feels like I have lots left lol! Yes we get our grades as we go too which is nice :smile: I'd have really liked to have looked at the healthcare legislation, it sounds really interesting and relevant :smile:
Original post by Higlet
I'm not at the 'when' stage just yet...! Still terrified I'm not going to get the grades haha
Hopefully by mid August my if will be a when hehe!

I've literally firmed it just now as well... I was going to wait until the weekend and then I had one of those YOLO moments :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

What grades do you need and I'm assuming you'll have an insurance? Honestly don't worry! I'm proper rooting for you!

congrats! Just ride that YOLO train all the way to August!
Original post by JordanC55
What grades do you need and I'm assuming you'll have an insurance? Honestly don't worry! I'm proper rooting for you!

congrats! Just ride that YOLO train all the way to August!

Haha!! Aren't you cute!
I need ABB for Manchester met
And BBB for Birmingham!

The YOLO train is full speed ahead right now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks everyone! I'm absolutely thrilled 😃 especially since Sheffield was my only choice due to family commitments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clivia
Thanks everyone! I'm absolutely thrilled 😃 especially since Sheffield was my only choice due to family commitments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

WAHOOO!! That's awesome news! Well done :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha you lot make me feel well old lol, I've just had to google YOLO to find out what you are talking about 🙊😂🙈
Reply 2813
Has anyone got the SLT email for BCU, had my interniew a month ago and still havent heard anything back?
Well done to everyone who has received offers recently! If anyone has firmed University of Manchester, feel free to ask me any questions :smile:

Sorry to hear about these rejections guys, but don't worry its not over yet and if worse comes to worse you can gain more experience in the field and apply again for next years intake! Good luck everyone
Original post by sk7384
Has anyone got the SLT email for BCU, had my interniew a month ago and still havent heard anything back?

I would ring them, I didn't hear back for ages but after I eventually managed to speak to someone (it took three attempts, over the course of three days) I got an offer on track the same day.

The number I rang on the third attempt was 0121 331 5500 and I asked to speak to SLT admissions. You will need your BCU applicant number.

Good luck!
Congratulations everyone on your offers! So exciting!! :biggrin:

Got my interview tomorrow - yikes!
Original post by Baarbs

Good luck!
Original post by Baarbs

Hope it goes well!!
Does anyone else just want it to be September already? I WANNA START UNI NOW :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest