The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rhimair
I haven't got to the end of it yet. I stopped because of exams and haven't got back into it! It's really cool though - a lot to do with criminal profiling, and eyewitness testimonies etc. It's kind-of like a 'use-the-info-to-solve-the-crime' course, but it goes into the negatives of profiling as well as the positives - so it doesn't just sugar-coat the field (which is good for people who want to go into forensic psych, but whose only experience is crime TV shows etc.) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thanks for the info - might give that a look!

Currently looking at a course on vulnerable children and some teaching modules. Got to keep busy!!

Are you waiting for A2 results?
Original post by AmyPilot
Oh thanks for the info - might give that a look!

Currently looking at a course on vulnerable children and some teaching modules. Got to keep busy!!

Are you waiting for A2 results?

I agree with the keeping busy comment - I actually love learning! Those courses/modules sound great - you'll definitely get a lot out of them!
And yep, I'm waiting for A2 results - counting down the days!! :s-smilie:
Original post by rhimair
I agree with the keeping busy comment - I actually love learning! Those courses/modules sound great - you'll definitely get a lot out of them!
And yep, I'm waiting for A2 results - counting down the days!! :s-smilie:

Good luck for 13 August! Remember the painful wait from last year and the absolute fear when ucas went live to see if I had met the offers. Kinda nice to offer support rather than go through it all :smile:

What subjects did you take? I did psychology sociology RS and English lit/lang.

What grades do you need (sorry cant remember where you are heading to).
Good luck for 13 August! Remember the painful wait from last year and the absolute fear when ucas went live to see if I had met the offers. Kinda nice to offer support rather than go through it all :smile:

What subjects did you take? I did psychology sociology RS and English lit/lang.

What grades do you need (sorry cant remember where you are heading to).

Thank you - I've tried to put it out of my mind, but it's so hard!!

I took RS, Psychology, English Lit (my school don't offer Lang) and AS Biology (but we don't talk about that!!! :tongue:).

I've firmed Marjon, and need ABB (or BBB for BCU, which is my insurance). My Psychology results are what I'm mainly dreading, but all I can do is wait and hope!!
Original post by rhimair
Thank you - I've tried to put it out of my mind, but it's so hard!!

I took RS, Psychology, English Lit (my school don't offer Lang) and AS Biology (but we don't talk about that!!! :tongue:).

I've firmed Marjon, and need ABB (or BBB for BCU, which is my insurance). My Psychology results are what I'm mainly dreading, but all I can do is wait and hope!!

Yes its hard not to dwell on results isn't it? Although if all goes well when you check UCAS at 7,30 (or get your results - whichever comes first) then its all more than worth it - its an amazing feeling!

Almost same subjects as me! Except the English (I did combined) and I did sociology A2 as well! Wasn't brave enough for biology lol.

Same grades I had to get too! ABB for MMU and BBB for uni of Manchester (my insurance).

Sure you will do fine but please let us know - I hate it when people just disappear and you constantly wonder "what happened to ......."
Reply 3685
Hi there! Are there any fellow mature students on here super nervous for access course results tomorrow? Eeek!! Xx
Hello,

I'm new here. I was just wondering if anyone who has visited Marjon could let me know what it's like there and what the department is like? How does it compare to other places that you've visited? Thanks :smile:

Also good luck for tomorrow/later today JFNX!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JFNX
Hi there! Are there any fellow mature students on here super nervous for access course results tomorrow? Eeek!! Xx

Good luck and to all waiting for results
Hey guys I've got my unconditional offer for SLT at Marjon and I'm excited to get to meet you in September!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3689
has anyone firmed an offer for Reading? :smile:
Reply 3690
Thanks guys! Happy with my results but still have to wait until A Level results before they confirm my place! Good luck to you all 😁 xx
Original post by melswood
Hey guys I've got my unconditional offer for SLT at Marjon and I'm excited to get to meet you in September!

Hi Melswood,

What's it like at Marjon? is the campus nice? I'm thinking of making a late application for SLT and have emailed the course organizer about a place (I'm currently a Psychology student at Edinburgh Uni) but have no idea what it's like so any details would be appreciated :smile:
Thanks guys! Happy with my results but still have to wait until A Level results before they confirm my place! Good luck to you all 😁 xx[.

Well done on your results! Nearly there.
Original post by jk1995
has anyone firmed an offer for Reading? :smile:

I firmed my offer for Reading, just waiting on results day-fingers crossed 😊
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could explain what the Occupational Health screenings involve? I have severe OCD and had 3 months of in-patient therapy from 2013 until January last year- do you think I wouldn't be passed as fit to practice?
Original post by Katy100
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could explain what the Occupational Health screenings involve? I have severe OCD and had 3 months of in-patient therapy from 2013 until January last year- do you think I wouldn't be passed as fit to practice?

They basically ask for your medical history, so you'll need to put that down. I'm not sure tbh, I guess it depends on the details - perhaps worth contacting universities about it now? Fingers crossed for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly9595
They basically ask for your medical history, so you'll need to put that down. I'm not sure tbh, I guess it depends on the details - perhaps worth contacting universities about it now? Fingers crossed for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks Butterfly, I will email. I hadn't really thought about it until now!
Original post by Butterfly9595

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

Presume first year's results were a success? Can you believe we are heading for 2nd year? Where does the time go?

Hope you are having a great summer :smile:
Original post by Katy100
Thanks Butterfly, I will email. I hadn't really thought about it until now!

Hi Katy, if it's Marjon's screening you're asking about, it's an online questionnaire that generally asks you about your medical history. It's all pretty straightforward as long as you've got all your records.

I suffer from a condition that affects my spine and after filling in the form I ended up having an over-the-phone conversation with a nurse to find out more information - so that might be the case with you too? Don't quote me on it though!

I agree with Butterfly, though. Your best bet is probably to email the uni directly :biggrin:
Hi

Presume first year's results were a success? Can you believe we are heading for 2nd year? Where does the time go?

Hope you are having a great summer :smile:

Hey! Yep they were, well done on yours as well :smile: haha time flies, we'll be qualified before we know it! Yeah you too, have a good one :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest