The Student Room Group

work rosters / rotas whatever you want to call them

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Third6
You're cineworld, right?

They put the xmas rota up for us last night, thank god! I got xmas off...well xmas eve and boxing day.

Yeah I am...I don't know whether to put a smiley face or an angry/sad face after that though because I'm pretty annoyed at them right now... so will leave it without an emoticon...

Well I should hope you have Christmas day off since that's the only day it's closed lol :tongue: Last year they did the rota two weeks before Christmas because I started on the 7th December which was Monday and it was up by the Sunday, but this year they seem to be taking the piss!! It's so annoying because it's not the shifts I'm bothered about it's whether or not I have a block of days off to go and see my family! I only saw them for one day last year which was Christmas day due to working :frown:
Original post by watchingtherain
It gets really annoying to be honest, they always assume because i'm part time that I have nothing else to do with my life. Every week they ask if I can work the late shift on a sunday (which is always really busy), despite me repeatedly telling them no, sunday is the only day I get off a week. Their response? 'Oh yes, but you're only at college, it's not as if you're actually working...'

:banghead:

Reeeeally wish I didn't have to work there.

That's proper cheeky!! As if you don't have to do work for college or don't have a life!! Just because they see your days off as days off doesn't necessarily mean you're just sat on your bum doing bugger all!
Original post by _Shanice_
That's proper cheeky!! As if you don't have to do work for college or don't have a life!! Just because they see your days off as days off doesn't necessarily mean you're just sat on your bum doing bugger all!

Argh tell me about it, that was a senior manager who said that as well -__- I mean it's not as if i'm in my second year with exams coming up or anything. It's fine. :s-smilie:
Call centre: you get Mon-Wed to get your availability for the week down, centre manager descends from the heavens (second floor) to claim it first thing Thursday so if you're late you can't sneak it on, then we get told Friday afternoon.
Get my rota on a Sunday for the following week (Monday - Sunday) Cant plan anything really so it's pretty poor...social life has pretty much gone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending