The Student Room Group

Is this girl too thin? Found on thinspo blog.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
would smash with the power of ten thousand gods

so no, i think she has a great figure
Sad when some people think they are fat and must starve themselves or make themselves sick or whatever just to feel beautifull. When in fact they aren't even fat. and even if they were...... Is there really any need.?
Reply 22
I think she looks like she just hasn't developed yet. I also think this is what people with eating disorders think they're aiming for, until it gets out of hand and they end up getting more and more attracted to images of visible bones.
I think she looks fine.
Am that thin but petite. It is her business but heck she has a lot of fake tan on =/
Original post by Billydodger
So I'm defo no stranger to thinspo/ana sites. Am a gir btw (ignore username, its to hide identity). Anyhow, I got thinking about some of the pictures and as to whether soem of the girls are literally too thin to be attractive or are actually just right. Heres the girl.

I would personally looooove to be like this.

Seriously, even if your no stanger...what are you doing looking at these sites? If you're hoping to become one, they certainly won't magically make you anorexic, but will only just mess with your head and warp your perception of what normality is.

Back to the picture, well top she looks ok but her legs would have a gap between, they are so skinny. Either way we don't have much way of telling whether she's healthy or not as don't know her height/weight.bmi/body fat.

OP, coming from someone who knows what they're talking about I would urge you to get off these sites asap. If you do have an eating disorder obviously its just feeding into that and if you don't even the more reason as your own body image will take a huge battering especially as these images are unrealistic and unhealthy. Personally actually I think the people who set up these sites with thinspo/tips/poems to 'ana are quite sad (not you, the site founders).
Reply 26
Well, it depends if she has a healthy lifestyle. If she's naturally that small then I'd say not. Though, she does have very small thighs, and seeing as it was on a pro-ana website she may have an ED herself...
Reply 27
She's a twiglet, anyone who thinks other wise has the opposite syndrome to Hal.
Thinspo sites rarely show people that aren't too skinny.
She's slim. But not too thin
She is pretty though
Reply 31
Original post by Hooj
She's a twiglet, anyone who thinks other wise has the opposite syndrome to Hal.

wheyy Shallow Hal reference :cool:
Reply 32
too thin, definately still would though.
Yeah, OP, I would stay away from them websites.
I would never advise Anorexia/Bulimia to anyone, and I have had the unfortunate experience to suffer with both (but not anymore). And pro ana sites put the ideas into my head in the first place when I was 13.
When you look at the photos like this, yes, it will make you want to lose weight (the girl is petite anyway, so if you're tall like me this 'thinspo' doesn't really work), but you will never ever see yourself as that.
Reply 34
She has a small bone structure; just look at her shoulders and hips, she's carrying an appropriate amount of weight given that. Her weight isn't a problem. I'd prefer to have bigger hips, breasts and carry more muscle though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
I wonder why no one has suggested that the girl in the picture is the OP...!
Why is that photo called "Fat Barbie"? If the website you got that off is calling her fat, there's a serious problem... Still, I don't think she looks unhealthy. I just wouldn't really want to look like her.
she does look thin, but imho she doesn't look unhealthy!

Thin is fine to a point.
Reply 38
No hips! No chest! It's not unhealthily thin, but it's thin.
Woah! Shes fat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending