The Student Room Group

I'm 27 yr old girl and still a virgin...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by *Dreaming*
Are you saying that girls that have sex before marriage have no self respect and decency? :s-smilie:

I guess he is :s-smilie: I love how backwards some people still are today. I'd probably feel awkward sleeping with a 27y.o virgin ;[
if you're asian....just ask your mum to sort you out.....

you'll have a husband within 6 months.....then you can have sex 24/7 (to make up for lost time obviously)
I never will get this mentality. Sex is a major part of any relationship and waiting until marriage to find out whether you're sexually compatible with your partner or not seems pretty daft to me.

OP, sex is awesome, why are you doing this to yourself?
Hey,

I am going to be completely honest with you. And don't think I am playing around with you because I am a guy.... because I am not... I am gay.

Basically, I understand where you come from of wanting to get married before having sex but this is quite a very old ideology that not many people believe in now adays. I understand you might want that very first time to be with someone very special and you want it to feel amazing. And you can still do this, I don't think marriage is a solution because you will be forcing a guy into marriage and this is something they wouldn't like. People get married because: they love their partners, they love spending time with them, they love making love with them and everything else and because they want to take the relationship into a whole new level of commitment, where you live together, have kids, have cars and dogs lol.

So I mean... if you go straight into marriage what is there to look forward to once your married? I know have kids and so on... but remember the dating stages in a relationship are key to make a relationship work because this is where you are getting to know each other. If sex happens to happen, go for it... as long as you feel ready of course. I do believe however, that if you aren't ready then you can tell your boyfriend to wait. However, if you feel that spark inside telling you to do it, and you feel like you want it a lot, go for it, and enjoy it... you are going to have a great time. And realise that you should have done it before. This is definitely an ice breaker in the dating stages of a relationship and it makes you feel a lot of affection for each other. And believe me, once you start to have sex with your boyfriend. You will not want to stop... and you wont feel guilty about it. If its the right person and you feel like the both of you are falling in love, this is the most amazing feeling in the world.

Jumping straight into marriage is a huge mistake couples could make nowdays, because when going straight into marriage... I mean marriage is a huge deal... and I want to make sure that when I get married is with the right person and someone who makes me happy and someone that I know well, someone who I know I will be able to spend the rest of my life with, the best way to know this is by dating someone for a couple of years, after those years you will definitely know whether that is the person or not, because you will know straight away, you just wont imagine your lives without each other, or trying to get over each other... but how will you know someone if you have barely done anything with them... how do u know this is the person you will love??? remember just because you fancy someone doesn't mean you love them. Love takes time to happen, and it's very advisable to know your partner before marriage. This is what happened with princess Diana, she had a hell of a marriage, where she was very unhappy because she was a virgin when she got married, but obviously prince Charles wasnt... and he had previous stories with Camila and other women... and obviously even when getting married Diana knew she loved him, but she also knew that he wasn't in love with her and that prince Charles loved another woman. Why did this happen? because they didn't know each other well enough, and they just got together basically just to get married. And guess what, it ended up in a divorce which is very painful because Diana was an amazing woman and Charles was a p****.

So I would recommend, just enjoy life, if you meet a guy just let things run smoothly, if some sort of chemistry starts to develop between the 2 of you, then start hanging out more, do things together go out, that will for sure get you to know the type of person he is. And if you are both really liking each other, and you feel like the 2 of you are falling in love, and are developing feelings for each other and the time for sex comes along, and you both want it, then go for it. If its the right guy you will not regret it. And then the rest will just happen naturally, you will find that after that first time, the 2 of you will be much more open with each other because it's such an ice breaker... and it's good because it lets you move on to the next step in the relationship. But rememeber... dont fear sex, just calm down, and let things run smoothly...

I dont know what else to say, good luck! :smile:
Reply 24
Waiting for someone also waiting for marriage severely lowers the men you can choose from to marry. So in the end, you'll probably end up marrying someone who really isnt right for you, on the sole reason that they're waiting for marriage too, and that will in turn, ruin your relationship.

In short= waiting for marriage in this day and age is very counter-productive..
Oh by the way,,, Looks are also very important when dating! if you wear glasses... get rid of them and get used to contacts... I mean.. I dont know what you look like... and although personality does play its part, looks do too.... so make sure you an effort...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending