The Student Room Group

Applying for Tesco Customer Assistant (Personal Shopper) - What to expect??

Scroll to see replies

Been working there since November 2014 and every day I go in I hate it. Literally the most depressing 7 hours of my life.

The worst part about it is... ok, the worst parts:
5am starts, 6 on a Sunday. This sucks so much, especially when you work weekends (goodbye nights out). Gets worse when 2 weeks before Christmas you have to start at 4am.

Customers treat you like ****. To them, you're some no hoper that will be working there till you're 70 and you're in their way. Some of them are nice, but it's rare and most of them are horrid.

Other staff treat you like ****. You're at the bottom of the food chain, expendable. The night staff (shelf stackers) are just utter *****. They get annoyed because you're essentially undoing the work they've just done, but how can you help that? It's your job to do it. But they don't understand because most of them are 40+ and will be there till they retire.

TL;DR, working there is the first time I've had the urge to actually kill someone.

The best part about working there is that the pay is above average for a part time job in a shop, but if it was any less, it wouldn't be worth the depression.

I think I need to find a new job.
Reply 21
Hi.

You firstly need to identify your own skills (and qualities), then match those you have against those advertised (or implied).

For this role, you should have the minimum of -
Attention to detail
Competency with ICT
Good team player
Good communication skills
Adaptability
Punctuality

Good luck with your application

Eumaeus
Original post by kite29
Thinking to apply for this role. But what exactly do these customer assistant personal shoppers do?? do you know?

Well you walk around with a big trolley with around 6 trays i think or 4 and you have a pad which tells you the locations of different food items so you would go to isle 4 shelf 4 for example and the pad would tell you what tray to put the item in
you basically run around the store filling the trolley while you get timed on the pad
you get really early shift like 6am-10am
6am-12
8am-4pm
hope this helps
Personal shoppers pack peoples online shopping so they are on the shop floor but shopping with a list asif they are that same customer in order for their shopping to be packed and delivered to them.
They are responsible for Picking customers online orders accurately so they receive the products they requested. This is for people that do their grosaries shopping online which is then picked up for them buy the picker at the online dot com center or a store and sent for delivery to their homes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending