Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who will you miss when you go to uni? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    my mum, best friends, cats, grandparents, cousins and uncle

ReputationRep:
    I will miss my friends. Couldn't give two craps about my family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cassicles)
    This. It makes to laugh to think of all the conversations before I finished college of how much time I was gonna spend with friends during summer and before university but hardly anything's happened. Can't wait to leave.
    I think I'm dreading the fact I have a 'girls holiday' to get through before university just as much as I'm dreading results day. I would be quite happy to never speak to the majority of the people in my ****ty town ever again.

ReputationRep:
    I will miss a few friends and others I've got to know pretty well despite the lack of activity this summer.
    I will definitely miss my family for on-the-spot advice but I will probably enjoy some independence.
    I will probably miss the family pets. XD

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving between countries so I'm gonna miss everyone like crazy. My family and friends and cats and relatives and everyone. And I feel really bad for leaving them behind since I know many of them will miss me too
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I'll be living at home and commuting (for the first year anyway, then we'll see how it goes workload/lecture time wise), so I'll still be here with my Mum and two really great friends. After that, if I do move out, it'll be then (and the rest of my family) who I'll miss terribly.

ReputationRep:
    My dog! I can text/call/Facetime everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    My cat, 3 of my closest male friends, my female best friend. Everyone else I can tolerate going. I think I'll only speak to 2 out of the 3 guys at this rate

ReputationRep:
    I'll miss my parents, but they're not going to be that far away, it will just be that adjustment of seeing them every day​ and then suddenly not doing so!

ReputationRep:
    I miss my dog so much when I'm at uni!

This year I'm moving unis so am gonna miss my course mates - they have been the best friends I could ever imagine. And my boyfriend who's my Rock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilsoncw1997)
    Who would you miss?
    I will be staying at home so I won't miss anyone but due to the exams/assignments/weekly-tests etc I will definitely miss my sleep

ReputationRep:
    My parents, my dog and some of my teachers. Friendship groups seem to really be put under strain in sixth form, and to be honest it's been a pretty rough 2 years for that. It seems quite nice to start afresh.

ReputationRep:
    My family and a few close friends. Going to a different sixth form to all my friends means that I'm not as close to all of them anymore which should make it easier.

ReputationRep:
    My dogs!

ReputationRep:
    Nobody except for

(Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    When I went to uni for first year I didn't miss anyone. Too busy having a good time.
    troy and abed in the mornnnnnnnnnning!

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend and my family

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to miss my little sister so much, I think leaving siblings behind is much harder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiaamireh)
    my boyfriend and my family
    Awww, How long have you and your boyfriend been together?

ReputationRep:
    My mum! even though she nags all the time, I will probably even miss that...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amol_chalis447)
    I have just one close friend where I live. She's going to the US for uni. I'm really gonna miss her though she doesn't know it.
    Which school is she going to?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.