The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Killer Bean
Surely you can gain weight healthily? I once read about a comedian (can't remember his name) who gained weight for a role because he thought the character would be funny if he were fat. He did this by eating cottage cheese before bed every night because it metabolized slowly, enabling him to gain weight without messing up his arteries. Something like that. Maybe speak to a doctor about this, go about getting as fat as possible, while remaining as healthy as possible, while having the most enjoyable diet possible for yourself?

Not sure about talking to a Doctor aha, but I will definitely do it healthy.

I won't want to get obese/unhealthy. I just want to go for a more chubby/fuller look. Similar to a kind of rugby player look... big, but fit and healthy.
Original post by miacat
I guess it depends on BMI. :smile: My BMI deems me underweight, I eat around a whole pack of custard creams in a week (I love them) but I just cannot put on weight.

Only the custard creams? :P
Original post by IspeaksBristol

I won't want to get obese/unhealthy. I just want to go for a more chubby/fuller look. Similar to a kind of rugby player look... big, but fit and healthy.

In light of this, surely the obvious thing to do is lift a lot and eat a lot?
Not sure about talking to a Doctor aha, but I will definitely do it healthy.

Just up the fat intake (high energy foods). You will be there in no time lol
In light of this, surely the obvious thing to do is lift a lot and eat a lot?

Yep :smile:

Original post by hellodave5
Just up the fat intake (high energy foods). You will be there in no time lol

I can eat tonnes in one go! :wink:
Hey, I'm 21, a guy and I have this weird thing where I want to be fat. I've had it since I was about 14/15 or something like that.

I don't want it anymore.

I just love the thought of being fat, and getting fatter, and I purposely keep eating lots. After work, I'll pop in to a shop on the way home, buy loads of food, and eat it all before I get home. Recently I bought a packet of custard cream biscuits... there was about 20 in the pack. I ate them all, they are 60 calories per custard cream so I consumed 1200 calories!

I've gotten a bit of a belly on myself and I love it and feel confident with it, but I know it's not healthy and I worry what other people will think of it. I just want to keep eating more and more.

But obviously you can't live like that. What can I do to get rid of this thing? It probably sounds weird, but I like bigger women too.

*Just to say*

I am not trolling at all. This is not a joke either. This is genuine, and I need some advice!

Thank you.

This sounds really strange to me as I get quite down when thinking that I could get fat if I eat rubbish etc. But actually, its no different to those of us who want to be skinny is it? So I'd say just keep an eye on your diet purely because there's a difference between being chubby and then actually putting your health at risk, but hey, it's our body you do what you want!
This thread is a joke.

You wouldn't encourage an anorexic person. So why are you encouraging the opposite????
Original post by rayquaza17
This thread is a joke.

You wouldn't encourage an anorexic person. So why are you encouraging the opposite????

There is a difference between someone with a chubby/rugby player type build, and someone who is so fat they get out of breath walking upstairs.
Original post by Physflop
This sounds really strange to me as I get quite down when thinking that I could get fat if I eat rubbish etc. But actually, its no different to those of us who want to be skinny is it? So I'd say just keep an eye on your diet purely because there's a difference between being chubby and then actually putting your health at risk, but hey, it's our body you do what you want!

I want to be chubby... not fat. I don't want my health at risk!
Reply 29
Just stuff a pillow down your top
Original post by RobML
Just stuff a pillow down your top

That's not the same as having a jiggly belly!
This thread is a joke.

The key difference is that anorexia nervosa (which is what I assume you were referring to, rather than someone who simply lacks appetite) is a pretty serious disorder. What this guy has written clearly isn't pathological, especially since he's made it clear he wants to gain weight healthily.
The key difference is that anorexia nervosa (which is what I assume you were referring to, rather than someone who simply lacks appetite) is a pretty serious disorder. What this guy has written clearly isn't pathological, especially since he's made it clear he wants to gain weight healthily.

Hey, I'm 21, a guy and I have this weird thing where I want to be skinny. I've had it since I was about 14/15 or something like that.

I just love the thought of being skinny, and getting skinnier, and I purposely keep eating not much.

My ribcage and collarbone sticks out and I love it and feel confident with it, but I know it's not healthy and I worry what other people will think of it. I just want to keep eating less and less.

You can't tell me that the opposite of what the OP says doesn't sound like someone with a serious problem.
Hey, I'm 21, a guy and I have this weird thing where I want to be skinny. I've had it since I was about 14/15 or something like that.

I just love the thought of being skinny, and getting skinnier, and I purposely keep eating not much.

My ribcage and collarbone sticks out and I love it and feel confident with it, but I know it's not healthy and I worry what other people will think of it. I just want to keep eating less and less.

You can't tell me that the opposite of what the OP says doesn't sound like someone with a serious problem.

I see what you're getting at, but your edit is indicative of someone with a disorder that ****s with you a lot more than mere unhealthy thinking. It's different from someone who has an odd kind of desire, which seems to be the case here.

Admittedly his OP seems a bit more odd reading it back over (come to think of it I'm stumped by how he said he doesn't "want it anymore" and then goes on to seem so comfortable about wanting to be overweight) - but it's a lot less dramatic later on when he said that he just wants to be "chubby". Again, he's said he wants to gain weight healthily. I'd consider the mirror image of this to be someone who wants to lose weight, but do that healthily.
Some guy who has the same fetish posted here before so you are not the only one.
Hmm... it's like you're a binge eater but you actually want the weight gain?

That does sound weird, and worrying.

However, I don't want to go to extremes. I mean you are talking about the extremes - being anorexic, with bones sticking out. I am not on about wanting to get so fat that I can't even move. That would be extreme.

I just simply want to be chubby... More like a rugby player's build.
Original post by Proxenus
Some guy who has the same fetish posted here before so you are not the only one.

I don't want to be really fat. Just chubby/rugby player style. :smile:
I used to eat packets of biscuits. Didn't make me fat. Just made me need lots of fillings. :frown:
Reply 39
Hey, I'm 21, a guy and I have this weird thing where I want to be fat. I've had it since I was about 14/15 or something like that.

I don't want it anymore.

I just love the thought of being fat, and getting fatter, and I purposely keep eating lots. After work, I'll pop in to a shop on the way home, buy loads of food, and eat it all before I get home. Recently I bought a packet of custard cream biscuits... there was about 20 in the pack. I ate them all, they are 60 calories per custard cream so I consumed 1200 calories!

I've gotten a bit of a belly on myself and I love it and feel confident with it, but I know it's not healthy and I worry what other people will think of it. I just want to keep eating more and more.

But obviously you can't live like that. What can I do to get rid of this thing? It probably sounds weird, but I like bigger women too.

*Just to say*

I am not trolling at all. This is not a joke either. This is genuine, and I need some advice!

Thank you.

Hey, have a lot of junk food if you want to get fat. But also hit the gym... dont be fat but dench.

Latest