Are you the smartest in your group of friends

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    I feel like the people I'm friends with tend to be smarter in areas where I'm lacking my friends tend to complement my personality.
    This is a good point, My close friends are all quite extroverted, bar one other who is more similar to me in our friends circle. Pretty interesting really :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    only three out of my group at friends at secondary went on to go to uni and only then to study art and english whereas I'm studying Chemistry.
    LOL, behave yourself. He could leave you feeling humiliated and inferior at an art exhibition the same way you could with him/her at the periodic table. That simple doesn't make you smarter.

Nor does not needing a foundation year as you mentioned previously (I don't think relatively many people need a foundation year actually)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    in the middle or the thickest ? do you have to explain your jokes to others or are the one they are being explained to?
    Academically smart yeah I'm near the top but I get complacent sometimes with deadlines so my grades take a hit. In terms of general intelligence and problem solving, I'm the smartest.

Problem is, I'm the most clumsy AF person I know and am terrible at life smarts in terms of the outside world, yet I'm good in terms of tasks that require independence or tinkering :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, thunder_chunky is far smarter.

ReputationRep:
    http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/For...90_4028249.png

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    I feel like the people I'm friends with tend to be smarter in areas where I'm lacking my friends tend to complement my personality.

Like for example I'm the one who has to explain jokes and stuff, I'm quick and witty with that kinda stuff, but they'd be first to understand something in class and explain it to me when I'd be sitting there still tryna wrap my head around the starter by the end of lesson :lol:

It depends on what you mean by smart, and how you'd measure it. I have a friend who is like... so so slow and clumsy and just out of the loop and "umm"s for like 30 seconds before answering the register but she gets A*s in exams in STEM subjects soooooo... she'd be hard to classify.
    Quick? Witty? You?

But yeah I think most of my friends are around the same level as me; if I had to rank us though I'm the smartest

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pmc:producer)
    LOL, behave yourself. He could leave you feeling humiliated and inferior at an art exhibition the same way you could with him/her at the periodic table. That simple doesn't make you smarter.

Nor does not needing a foundation year as you mentioned previously (I don't think relatively many people need a foundation year actually)...
    Well, he couldn't really because he studies graphics, not Art, my mistake. I see your point though

Also, this is what other people say, not me

ReputationRep:
    I think we're all smart in different things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    in the middle or the thickest ? do you have to explain your jokes to others or are the one they are being explained to?
    I think one of my friends might be marginally dumber than I am, but it's a close call. The rest are definitely all much much smarter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plsn0ban *_*)
    Indeed. You should have titled the thread "in your group of high achieving entrepreneurs" then I would have felt more at home. :macarena:
    i like the way you think hmm

ReputationRep:
    On the whole, yes, by far. To the point where I'm considered quite special and get consulted for advice on everything from relationships to pensions and mortgages etc. I've actually found it to be fairly isolating and have gone as far as deciding to go back into education so I can meet/be around more intelligent people.

ReputationRep:
    University: God no.
    Home: Yes.

ReputationRep:
    No some of my friends are straight A* students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    No some of my friends are straight A* students.
    That doesn't necessarily mean they're smart.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the smartest amongst my group of friends, but I'm pretty high up there, like second.

ReputationRep:
    Define smart. Having to explain a joke to others doesn't make one smarter.

(Original post by Andy98)
    Quick? Witty? You?

But yeah I think most of my friends are around the same level as me; if I had to rank us though I'm the smartest

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heeeyyyyyy **** off :lol:
    You are smart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    No, thunder_chunky is far smarter.
    Obviously that's not true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Obviously that's not true.
    Obviously I was joking.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Heeeyyyyyy **** off :lol:
    You are smart
    I'm not smart, I just know loads of useless ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.