The Student Room Group

Any jobs which pay quite high for a 16 year old?

Scroll to see replies

You could always go self-employed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by kennethdcharles
Work in the restaurant for breakfast... Wipe tables, clear plates, fill up the buffet when it gets empty, Hoover and mop sometimes etc.

thats not bad, £7.20 an hour to basically do some chores in a hotel

how many hours do you work per day/week?
I work at Huckleberrys the man v food diner on £6 an hour at 16 😌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do medical trials.
Reply 24
B&Q - £8.16
Original post by Kobisha
are their any jobs or companies which pay higher than the minimum wages for 16 year olds?

you best ways are
waitressing somewhere where tipping is likely (look for quality indicators i.e. menu prices of £20 plus, top shelve liquor on display and if you can customer's jewellery before you apply)
supermarkets (notably Waitrose as you get a shareholder bonus)
anywhere with commission (electronics/tech stores are the main ones )
big budget places (new car showrooms, quality jewellery stores and quality antique dealers for example)

Original post by Hashtosh302
You can become your own boss, by starting up a business

this is a very viable option as long as you have the backing finances to do it, OP
I mean 5 years I ago I was working for £3,000 a year as sous chef
now I run my own business in the luxury goods resale sector, I make at least that every week
Reply 26
Original post by ELVsLP
thats not bad, £7.20 an hour to basically do some chores in a hotel

how many hours do you work per day/week?

5 hours a day Monday to Friday:smile:
Most jobs pay quite well for a 16 year old, considering you're a 16 year old. You've got no other income so any income in comparison is a lot :O
Reply 28
I work at Sports Direct (don't judge) on £4.07, it's 20% above minimum wage and there's loads of commission to be made, so it's not a bad earner.

Plus they like to employ young people because it's cheaper for them, so it's not too bad
As mentioned above, plenty of companies dont discrimunate on age for min wage. Larger organisations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending