The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i had a stupid idiot that had sneaked a bleeding bouncy ball, and as we were at the back of the hall the teachers couldn't hear it being bounced on the table.

i hate it when someone has the sniffles. does my head in when they sniff up the snot!
Stupid invigilators sit there doing Sudoku, whilst I'm waving my hand in the air for extra paper.

Stupid people.

They're payed to do Sudoku?!?!?!
Reply 22
people walking out half an hour early, i mean you spent all year learning so you owe it to yourself to stay the whole time and do as best as you can
Reply 23
I kept on staring at one of the invigilators coz he was good looking lol...
roots
people walking out half an hour early, i mean you spent all year learning so you owe it to yourself to stay the whole time and do as best as you can

They didn't let anyone leave early in our exams. What was annoying was when they put 3 different exams in the same exam hall which all had different time durations, so halfway during my 3 hour English synoptic half the people in the hall got up and there was all the confusion getting bags/coats etc while we were still trying to write. I think that happened in pretty much all of my final A2's actually.
In my Nutrition exam I got the b*tch of all chairs! bloody thing squeeked if I so much moved a millimetre. Damn annoying.

O, and somebody farted, dirty dirty dirty dirty! that was really distracting as I nearly vomited.
ANYTHING can distract me in an exam.
i look up to see the time, and there's a fly flying about and before i know it 20 minutes have gone past.
Reply 27
^^yh lol..I get easily distracted ..especially coz its so quiet..
Actually strangely enough I don't really get that distracted in exams unless it's something really annoying, as in I get totally lost in the paper I'm writing and as soon as I know it the time's gone.
Reply 29
JocastaJackal
Actually strangely enough I don't really get that distracted in exams unless it's something really annoying, as in I get totally lost in the paper I'm writing and as soon as I know it the time's gone.

i find it easier to do that if im sat near the far corner of the hall at the back - favourite spot
roots
i find it easier to do that if im sat near the far corner of the hall at the back - favourite spot

I always get put at the front, in the middle for some reason. Hate it. Was put there for my 3-hour synoptic and that wasn't fun at all, I felt like I had to finish early so I wouldn't get caught out mid-sentence and not be able to sneakily finish off quickly - invigilator was right in front of me.
Reply 31
JocastaJackal
I always get put at the front, in the middle for some reason. Hate it. Was put there for my 3-hour synoptic and that wasn't fun at all, I felt like I had to finish early so I wouldn't get caught out mid-sentence and not be able to sneakily finish off quickly - invigilator was right in front of me.

:biggrin: youre right because in the psychology and critical thinking exam i got away with writing for nearly an extra 5 minutes, especially psychology, id never get away with that at the front
Reply 32
in my stats exam, the girl behind be CONSTANTLY sniffing. 2 hours 30 minutes.
sniff....sniff...sniff...
i had to make a huge effort to resist turning round and yelling "YOU'RE 16 YEARS OLD, BLOW YOUR ****ING NOSE. THE INVIGILATORS EVEN HAVE A BOX OF TISSUES! JUST ACT YOUR AGE"

but i had to keep reminding myself that i'd be disqualified, and be hated by lots of people for "being mean", etc etc.
still... *makes stabbing motion*
The fire alarm went out in one of our GCSE maths exams. It went on for ages (and they still didn't move us lol)! That was pretty distracting. We were also doing our GCSEs in a gym, so you could hear all the music playing.

Our AS exams were in a room right next to where loads of the youngr years hang around at break and lunch. They made a racket, and the invidulators didn't think to make them move.

Ruth xx
roots
:biggrin: youre right because in the psychology and critical thinking exam i got away with writing for nearly an extra 5 minutes, especially psychology, id never get away with that at the front

Yeah, that's lucky :P I used to do that when I was actually sitting at the back. My friend did that in my ICT exam though and she got in huge trouble because she was caught.
people walking past the room chatting when they can seen the exam in progress sign.
The frie alarm going off as you have to sit there as it goes on and on.
But the worst one by a mile is in the french revoultion paper in history this year. The invigulator announced at quater to 3 we had 5 minutes left. we had started at 2 and it was a 55 minute exam. Simple maths even i can figure out when we should have been told we had 5 minutes left. complte idiot. still scraped a c though
warblade
I love to look at the invigilator and try to think whether they are thinking that I'm cheating hahaha I know it's weird but I spend a good 15 minutes normally doing that. And specially at Uni as 2 hours is far too long for most of my exams :biggrin:

Do you look them in the eyes?
I love to do that stare at them until they get annoyed and hide somewhere in the corner? :biggrin:
Reply 37
Sniffing really does my head in. Pass that damn guy a tissue!
I hope I can be forgiven for writing this story ~ it may sound a little quirky...but some of you out there may have had a similar experience, not. :p:

In my final year at university some years ago, I made the acquaintance of a Turkish guy, a fellow student. He was a thoughtful kind of chap who seemed to have an air of understanding more about life than the immediately obvious. I was very puzzled when he contacted me by phone the day before my final exam, telling me very urgently not to go into the exam as he felt I could be at risk if I did. :s-smilie:

Obviously, I couldn't afford to miss my exam, so despite hs warning, I turned up to sit it.
It was being held in an old grade II listed building which was once a synagogue and is now a Baptist Church.

I entered the hall, sat down at a desk, but then decide to get up to move to another desk on the far side of the room. Just as I stood up, a large, old chandelier which had been above the desk came crashing down and hit the table, splintering into chards of glass.

I was shaken, but managed to complete my paper at the other side of the hall.

When I met my friend the next day, I told him what had happened, he simply gave an enigmatic smile, remarking "I did tell you, didn't I?"

I leave it at that. Perhaps I will continue the story for another time and another thread ...
:smile:
Sine
I kept on staring at one of the invigilators coz he was good looking lol...

Im with you on that one. I mean why does it always turn out that we have young (19-22) fit female invigilators?? :confused: where everyone just stares and oggle them.

Latest

Trending

Trending