The Student Room Group

Who Pays For Dinner On A Date?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by LISSEY
I'm old fashioned as I believe if a guy takes you on a date then he should pay for dinner. :wink:

That's because he expecting to be paid back in p*ssy, simples.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I always offer to chip in, but the guys never let me pay for a thing. Ever.. :dry:
The first couple of dates my now boyfriend paid as he refused to go halves. But now we usually split the bill.
Reply 103
I voted half because that's what happens mostly, but since I got more money I sometimes take all of it. I would expect the same if the girl I was dating had more money though tbh.
Whoever can afford it. If you both can then 50/50 simples
Depends on who asked who.

But with me and my boyfriend, one person will pay for cinema tickets, the other person will pay for dinner.
Or take turns paying for dinner.

Or my stingy boyfriend's favourite: "You can pay me back later"
Take it in turns. It's so unromantic to start getting the calculator out or to do mental arithmetic in front of your girl. Went on a 'date' with a girl, had something to eat and when the servant/cash woman asked for the money, I displaced the money from my hand to hers so fast, she nor my date didn't even know what happened. Felt like an independent man who has finally passed the trials of the art of manliness from that day. :moon:

She said: "Thanks, I'll pay for the next one. And oh, you've been such an amazing guy so far. I'll give you a present later before you have to leave."

and man did I get a present, balls deep and all mayn - balls deep and all. :ahee:

In all seriousness, just take it in turns. If I met a girl who 'expected' me to pay for our first date, lol I won't be going any further. Make an effort will you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending