Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have Firmed Kings college london

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice_c_97)
    Southampton is my firm for Children's nursing! Hopefully see you there in September
    Awesome! Well done although I'm having a gap year x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BuckleyJ)
    "@Deede3_

Has anyone had an interview they genuinely thought went bad but still got an offer after? (Just trying to give myself some hope 😂)"

Yeah, I thought my interview at Birmingham City was the worst I've ever done but I got an offer. I was so surprised and because my interview went so bad I kind of told myself I didn't like Birmingham City if that makes sense but I've put it as my insurance. What interview did you think went bad?
    I had my interview in the university of manchester on wednesday and i answered all the question well i think but i dont know i just got a really bad vibe off one of the people interviewing me she just seemed really uninterested and wanted it all to be over as soon as it began i honestly dont know. i started to get really nervous and i had to ask what the question was again a few times, i really am gutted because i want manchester to be my first choice

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i was wondering if someone could answer my question about student finance. It has asked for me to provide evidence of my result Nhs bursary application, but I do not have this yet, so do I select that I can provide this (and just send it when I receive it) or do I select that I cannot provide the evidence??🙈

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethanyC23)
    Hi, i was wondering if someone could answer my question about student finance. It has asked for me to provide evidence of my result Nhs bursary application, but I do not have this yet, so do I select that I can provide this (and just send it when I receive it) or do I select that I cannot provide the evidence??🙈
    Hey - I had this as well - I can't remember what I put but I sent it off without the evidence and they have approved me for some student finance x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyH81)
    Hey - I had this as well - I can't remember what I put but I sent it off without the evidence and they have approved me for some student finance x
    Oh okay, thank youuu☺️

ReputationRep:
    I've made Huddersfield my firm choice and Sheffield Hallam my insurance. Anyone going to Huddersfield??? X

ReputationRep:
    Do you think universities tend to base their nursing offers on your performance in the interview, or do they take your whole application into account as well? I'm just wondering as I don't think I did too well in one of my recent interviews and am now panicking waiting for the result!! Is your personal statement just to get you through to the entry tests, and then success in the tests gets you through to interview...and then the offer is based just on the interview? I forgot to mention a lot of points in my interview so I hope they look back at my personal statement! Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear back from unis! x

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more about the interview day and entry exam that are the most important . I didn't have enough ucas points but I had experience that's important to . In your interview just link any experience you have had to what nurses do and what you think you can bring to the role .

Any one going to Canterbury ??

ReputationRep:
    is anyone going to Cumbria to do Child nursing? (Carlisle)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Dundee university re child nursing? STILL WAITING! 😓

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodiekarimx)
    is anyone going to Cumbria to do Child nursing? (Carlisle)
    Meeee 😀. I have set up a fb group if you would like to be added? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyH81)
    Meeee 😀. I have set up a fb group if you would like to be added? X
    Yeah please! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodiekarimx)
    Yeah please! x
    Can you pm me your full name so I can find you on fb and add you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shannonparish)
    I think it's more about the interview day and entry exam that are the most important . I didn't have enough ucas points but I had experience that's important to . In your interview just link any experience you have had to what nurses do and what you think you can bring to the role .

Thanks Shannon! I've just been offered the place, even though I came out of the interview kicking myself that I hadn't mentioned everything! I have one more interview to go, so I will definitely take on board what you say! I think relating everything back to nursing is the most important thing, and sometimes (under pressure) it is easy to forget to do this! I ended up mentioning my hobbies etc and I forgot to say how they gave me the skills to be a good nurse! Oops!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shibby1611)
    Has anyone heard from Dundee university re child nursing? STILL WAITING! 😓
    Ive just received an unconditional about an hour ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ionasmummy)
    Ive just received an unconditional about an hour ago.
    I got my conditional offer last night! So happy and relieved! Congratulations x

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to all who have received offwrs this week!

I'm other news the conservatives voted in parliament this week to push through plans to cut NHS bursaries for nursing and other healthcare students. This is a disaster!

Does anyone know if any protests planned? Who will apply to be a nurse when these vital bursaries are cut??!

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how student finances for nurses worked. Do i just apply for bursaries or do i apply somewhere else as well. And did you guys have to provide your universities an employers reference. City is asking for one and i was wondering if anyone else that accepted City were asked the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shannonparish)

Yes I've accepted a place there. Have you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.