The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pieroshky
I'm not good with the imperial measurements, so I'll just use the metrical system, if you don't mind.
I'm 16, 164cm, 47kg and 32C. I believe I have to lose weight still despite my BMI being roughly 17.5, because my thighs overlap and my belly is not flat.
Also, I'm size 6/8 for tops and 8/10 for trousers.

Tone up to get a flatter stomach/thinner thighs! Do some lifting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you talking weight or mass?
(Because I weigh 550N harhar!)

I am about 5"3' which is roughly 165cm? I don't know. A ruler in the maths class says I'm the height of a red post box.
I am 16 and weigh 8 stone 7lbs or 55 kilos. I wear 8/10 on top and bottom -- but it depends on the shop. I have 26" inside leg so buy short leg jeans from M&S and I've found they have big 8s which fit me lovely.
Bust:Waist:h:ip ratio (In inches)
34:29:37.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
I'm almost 18, about 8 stones, 5ft3 , size 8 and i wear a 34C

:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm seventeen years old, am 166cm tall (that's 5' 5" and a bit), fluctuate between 9.5 and 10.5 stone, wear a size 8-10 depending on fit and am a 34D.

I do like my clothes a little tighter than most - my weight and chest indicate that I should be more of a 10-12, but I find baggy clothing uncomfortable. I used to have a problem with weighing as much as I do, but I've come to realise that a lot of it is muscle as I do a lot of exercise/sport..... and that that's okay! :biggrin: In fact, to anyone who's reading this: stop weighing yourself once and for all and simply look at your dress size as a measure of size.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 9 1/2 stone
Bra size: 36A (but I've never been properly fitted)
Dress size: Anywhere between an 8 (my waist) to a 14 (my lovely thighs and shoulders)

There are so many skinny people on here...

If you've never been properly fitted, your best option is to go to Bravissimo or John Lewis. However, you should also do some research on how a properly fitting bra should look. Don't go to M&S for a fitting - they are usually way off. They, and other places, add inches to your underbust to get the band size. But this is unnecessary for modern bras.

If you are wearing a 36A, you could actually be a smaller band - especially as you're wearing size 8 tops.
The support should come from the band NOT the straps which is why it is important for the band to be firm.
As Tyrion_Lannister posted earlier, this is a helpful guide for how to measure http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size
Measure around directly under your breasts. If you measure 30 inches, try a 30 band. If you measure 31 inches, like me, you should try both a 32 band and a 30 band. Obviously then measure around the fullest part of your breasts. If it is 37 inches, and your band size is 32, you are a 32DD(or 32E if the bra range doesn't use 'DD' to indicate the size, instead going directly from D to E rather than D to DD to E).
The size is not absolute of course, but it does give you an accurate base to work from.
(edited 10 years ago)
Height: 5"9 / 175 cm
Weight: 134 lbs / 9.6 stone / 61 kg. I'm trying to shed those few extra before summer, hopefully ending at about 8.8 stone.
Cup size: 32D
Dress size: UK 8.
(edited 10 years ago)
H: 5"8
W: 12.5 stone :frown:
Measurements: 36B : 28: 38
Dress size: uk 12

at 18, despite my weight, I haven't a curve to speak of. so unfair!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Yeah you're probably in the wrong size, most people are because stores use ****ty fitting methods where they add inches to your underbust.

http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size
This is one of the most accurate ways to measure. How you do it is basically measure your underbust, that's your bandsize. If you measure 30", you're a 30. If you measure 29", you could be a 28 or a 30 depending on what you find comfortable (depends how large your boobs are, small chested ladies usually prefer to size up whereas big boobed prefer to size down due to needing support)

Then for cupsize, you measure around the fullest part of the bust, leaning over paralell to the floor. The reason for this is the breasts hang naturally without gravity or clothing intefering. Say you get 35". That's 5" bigger than your underbust. Each inch is one cup

1" is A, 2" B and so on. So our person above would be a 30DD.

http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/naprawde-duze-biusty2.jpg
http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/nagie_biusty_male.jpg

These are pictures of properly fitted D and DD cups, the first pic, and G and GG cups. Basically people have this misconception that D cups are massive and anything bigger must look like you've stuffed a couple of spacehoppers down your shirt, but actually that's not true.

Hope this helps! I'm a bit of a bra fitting nerd after getting fitted properly and thinking Damn my boobs look great AND I'm comfy! :rofl:

according to this I am now 30DD rather than 32D and there was me thinking I needed to go up a band size! better go bra fitting now once I get paid :smile:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 8 stone
Size: 6/8 for tops and 8 for bottoms
Bra: 34A... I need to actually get measured :P
Original post by AnnyM
I don't mean this in a mean way at all but:
I feel like some people here are either lying about breast size, or dress size...
34C means you measure 37inches round the bust making you a 12 - 14 on top... a lot of people that size have been saying they are 8's O.o that doesn't add up... saying size 10, sure you probably like stuff very tight, but 8?
Or do most people just like tops to be tighter than I do? :smile:

i'd say a large majority of people are wearing the wrong bra size. Loads of people wear a larger back size when they should be wearing a bigger cup
5ft 4,
10 stone
Size 10
Bra 34 E
I'm trying to lose half a stone though. I'm quite curvy, hips boobs and bum, so will never be tiny!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 16, I weigh 8 stone 7lb, and my height is roughly 5ft 6'', my bra size is only a 34A, and I get self conscious as for my bra size, and worry that I'm too thin!! Sounds to me, your fine! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vergo97
Age 15, 5ft 4, size 15, bra size 38C and weight 11st, would love to get down to 10 stone though.

size 15!?:biggrin:
I am far too big, I am 14, 5'4 and a size 10, I need to lose weight NOW! I want to be a size 4.
Original post by loenblog100
I am far too big, I am 14, 5'4 and a size 10, I need to lose weight NOW! I want to be a size 4.

Are you being serious?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
19 years old
9stone 3lbs
Size 8-10/ more of a ten though
34C
5ft 1

I used to weigh less, a whole stone less and was same in same size clothes. Would love to at least loose abit of weight on my thighs since look like chicken wings ATM haha!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't weigh near enough what I should :/ Genetics!
7.5 stone
5ft 7
6-8 size (top, trousers)
You really shouldn't worry about weight, I don't think it means anything really, because people show weight in different ways, some girls look heavier and actually aren't, or vice versa it's just dependant on the person and all types of things make you look skinny/curvy (height, muscle, fat etc)
7.5 stone
5'4
UK 6-8
34B
Usually I'm a six in tops and a six in skirts and dresses (probably just because of the things I wear, skirts sit on my waist, which is really small) but jeans I tend to be an eight because they sit on my hips and are skinny fit.
I'm quite self concious about my weight, I tend to get a lot of comments on it because I'm small and people seem to think being insulted on your weight is only upsetting if they call you fat.
16 years old
32A :/
Size 6-8
5ft
Weight: 6 1/2 stone (am I overweight? Bc I'm really short)

Posted from TSR Mobile
18 years old;
36DD;
Size 10;
5'11";
11 stone

Latest