Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    It's the small handful of people who are still in the dark for a few days after results day that I feel most sorry for - that wait must be torture.
    (Original post by PQ)
    1/8 of applicants won't have a clear decision on results day.

This is explained in the faq of the first post in this thread iirr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Hahaha very true! I'm into all of the sports tbh, it'll definitely ease the road to results day
    I do enjoy it for the sports don't get me wrong ; I'm such a competing person so I get really hyped up when there's Brits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    It's the small handful of people who are still in the dark for a few days after results day that I feel most sorry for - that wait must be torture.
    My insurance uni ( Manchester ) has emailed me saying that they 'might ' have to keep me waiting for a few days if I were to ' narrowly ' miss my offer so I'm a bit scared aahh

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget that a significant chunk of the 7/8 have a definite answer that they're in clearing.

Results day is stressful for everyone. For a lot of people that stress will continue for days or even weeks or months as they figure out the best way forward.

Even people who get in end up with a lot feeling very deflated and down after an anticlimax of a results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    I don't think you should advertise that, especially with your RL name on your profile. Better to be safe than sorry.
    looool I was one of the people who got a 0

how can we can find out the grades needed for the courses in clearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    My insurance uni ( Manchester ) has emailed me saying that they 'might ' have to keep me waiting for a few days if I were to ' narrowly ' miss my offer so I'm a bit scared aahh
    This does seriously piss me off though. It's potentially harmful behaviour for the sole benefit of the university.

The best advice is ALWAYS to call their bluff and say you don't want to wait and would prefer a rejection to being kept in limbo. If they reject you then that's what they were planning on doing after a few days. If there's a decent chance they'll take you after a wait then forcing their hand will get them to do that earlier. If they want you they KNOW that and will accept you rather than lose you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know the stress - went through it all in 2014. Luckily my decisions were clear cut and I knew I was in before getting my actual grades. But clearly remember some near misses that year (and again for the same uni last year) who had a long wait, poor souls.
    (Original post by PQ)
    Don't forget that a significant chunk of the 7/8 have a definite answer that they're in clearing.

Results day is stressful for everyone. For a lot of people that stress will continue for days or even weeks or months as they figure out the best way forward.

Even people who get in end up with a lot feeling very deflated and down after an anticlimax of a results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles26)
    how can we can find out the grades needed for the courses in clearing?
    Check the clearing pages on each university website. If they aren't specific ring up if you're within 2-3 grades of their normal entry grades (remember though that the further you are away from the standard entry grades the slimmer your chances ).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know the stress - went through it all in 2014. Luckily my decisions were clear cut and I knew I was in before getting my actual grades. But clearly remember some near misses that year (and again for the same uni last year) who had a long wait, poor souls.
    Durham:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    This does seriously piss me off though. It's potentially harmful behaviour for the sole benefit of the university.

The best advice is ALWAYS to call their bluff and say you don't want to wait and would prefer a rejection to being kept in limbo. If they reject you then that's what they were planning on doing after a few days. If there's a decent chance they'll take you after a wait then forcing their hand will get them to do that earlier. If they want you they KNOW that and will accept you rather than lose you.
    Yh and I emailed them and then they were like yh we can just release you if that's what you want but I would rather wait and hope someone does accept me cause I think I'd rather have a gap year and reapply then go to some random uni

ReputationRep:
    How did you guess lol.
    (Original post by PQ)
    Durham:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Sure hope this doesn't happen to you. Manchester didn't keep my friend hanging around when she missed her grades so hopefully it will be the same for you too. Anyway as it's your insurance it may be all speculation anyway - fingers crossed!
    (Original post by fefssdf)

ReputationRep:
    Sure hope this doesn't happen to you. Manchester didn't keep my friend hanging around when she missed her grades so hopefully it will be the same for you too. Anyway as it's your insurance it may be all speculation anyway - fingers crossed!
    Aww thanks for sharing that

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where I can get the mock mark schemes for my subjects:

AQA - Psychology PSYA3/4
    AQA - History HIS3M
    OCR - Biology F214/5

I know it sounds lazy but it's dawned on me that results is two weeks away. Need to go over this to calm my nerves.

ReputationRep:
    I need two A*S and an A ;-;. I CAN'T SLEEPER

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)

AQA - Psychology PSYA3/4
    AQA - History HIS3M
    OCR - Biology F214/5

I know it sounds lazy but it's dawned on me that results is two weeks away. Need to go over this to calm my nerves.
    There isn't one for psychology ; there's too much subjectivity ; it's only a few weeks to go now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    phone up and ask

It says here: that the entry requirements on the website are what they're looking for http://www.soas.ac.uk/clearing/#Availableprogrammes
    hmm maybe i should!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by df2397)
    looool I was one of the people who got a 0
    BS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)

AQA - Psychology PSYA3/4
    AQA - History HIS3M
    OCR - Biology F214/5

Nah no AQA mark schemes out yet.
    Seems like you done both the same psychology and history unit as me how'd you find the exams?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.